Astral Projection new album

hi, great news, thanks for sharing ... they indeed have a cool new site

I can't wait to see a new AP album ^_^

However, I have become a realist and will believe it only when it's finally out ... already been through this "new album next year"

they should call it "Astral Projection Forever" ... before the Duke Nukem Forever joke gets completely forgotten

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 8:15 PM, Padmapani said:

we've heard so many samples of new tracks now (most of it sounding very good, starting off where the astral we know and love have left off years ago), that the new album has to be a quadruple album when it finally comes out in 2030.

I mean, I think since the 2018 announcement we've heard about 8 or 9 unreleased songs either as a sample on their YouTube or in full during a set.  Their first, third, and fourth albums were either 8 or 9 tracks.  They have a full album written.  This is on top of that aborted album they never released around 2012 or so.  We're just...waiting.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2019 at 4:58 AM, Meltwater said:

I mean, I think since the 2018 announcement we've heard about 8 or 9 unreleased songs either as a sample on their YouTube or in full during a set.  Their first, third, and fourth albums were either 8 or 9 tracks.  They have a full album written.  This is on top of that aborted album they never released around 2012 or so.  We're just...waiting.

Abracadabra, i dreamed about a new album in my night sleep. I reffered to it as good or very good. There was a nostalgic feeling. Funny thing.. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is coming this year, no further delays.

Also, there was something about X-Dream.

19 hours ago, Proxeeus said:

Whoever compared it to Duke Nukem Forever is spot on.

duke nukem forever eventually got released. i'm not quite sure for the ap album. but the game took 20 years in development, so with the new astral album they've still got 2 years left to beat duke nukem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I hope the album sounds something like this remix they made. "Push-Strange World-Astral Projection Remix. The break is just so epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSejG8AC2jk

On 1/30/2020 at 9:20 PM, Diaks said:

I hope the album sounds something like this remix they made. "Push-Strange World-Astral Projection Remix. The break is just so epic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSejG8AC2jk

its like the nilaya (or maybe its not nilaya hmm)

edit: its like every AP break lul :D 

but yes its great i havent heard this track in forever and only heard it once, so nice for reminding me of its existence :)

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2019 at 4:28 PM, Skytrancer said:

2 new Astral Projection tracks samples from their 2020 new For All Mankind album!! 

That gives me hope! The first track in particular sounds beautiful!! It has colors, and the cosmic vibes. Approved. :+1:

10 hours ago, Bartzabel said:

If this shut down doesn't give them the time to finish the album then we're so not getting one. 

The shut down could affect the creativity in a negative way too. For various reasons, the stress of it for one, and also because more time needs to be spent with family if schools are closed etc. And since Astral Projection prior to the corona outbreak played live sets abroad a lot. I would assume their financial situation must be quite affected by the travel restrictions. That in itself can really be detrimental to the inspiration.

Who knows, they even might need to sell of some studio equipment if the financial situation becomes bad. I see an increase where I live, in people selling of studio equipment right now.

they just posted a video to youtube; really funny stuff. they basically made a coronavirus music video using "Flying into a star" track, that has the sample " im flying into the star corona". 

i mean, if thats not way too cheesy i cant really be sure about whats real anymore. The remix is really great though so its definitely worth a watch ^^