Going to interview Mark Allen this weekend

Goa Bill

I bought plenty of his old records through a bloke called Stefan. Say thanks to him for taking such good care of them =)

On a more serious note, it'd be great if you could get him to elaborate on how he saw the music he produced in 94 and onwards, at the time that it was produced. Sort of a view into how they were thinking the inspirations, concepts and "goals" for the music.

how does he sees the old spirit of "Return to the source" 10 years ago and what is going on with the label now.

how will he define today's "trance scene"? and compare it to the early days of it?

bla bla bla bla bla ask him if he wants to smoke a spliff with us

and if he would like to munch some hummus later

Can you compare the scene today to how it used to be 15 years ago? Is it any better? Any worse?

What do you think of the loss of connection between trance music and spirituality?

What do you consider to be THE first goatrance track ever, the one that started it all?

Who is your favorite artist (old and new)? Your favorite track (old and new)?

If you had a magic time machine and could go back in time, would you still make the same decisions you did (musically-wise) or would you do someting different?

And... WHEN WILL YOU RELEASE A NEW RTTS COMP?????

hey pavel, be sure to take in consideration the "head" (rosh) of the layla readers.

they are not spiritual-hippie-goa-trance-heads like us on this board, so also think of questions that will be appropriate for layla style (more questions on djing and stuff and less about old spirits and old labels... ) :drama:

screw layla !

:rolleyes:

60-70 % of layla readers even know mark allen ?

ask him what ever that is you want to ask him,a good interview mean's good questions..

no need to ask questions in the style of what layla reader's might want to read.

screw layla !

:rolleyes:

60-70 % of layla readers even know mark allen ?

ask him what ever that it you want to ask him,a good interview mean's good questions..

no need to ask questions in the style of what layla reader's might want to read.

True, I am the only one to decide. Screw the hippies, I mean the non-hippies, I mean the faggots, I mean :blink:

hey pavel, be sure to take in consideration the "head" (rosh) of the layla readers.

they are not spiritual-hippie-goa-trance-heads like us on this board, so also think of questions that will be appropriate for layla style (more questions on djing and stuff and less about old spirits and old labels... ) :drama:

no offence but this is something I HATE: telling someone "hey, you can interview an artist, but you must talk about this and never talk about that"... like the whole reason of an interview is replying to questions that fans want to know. If it's just to promote a label then noone will bother reading the interview anyway.

no offence but this is something I HATE: telling someone "hey, you can interview an artist, but you must talk about this and never talk about that"... like the whole reason of an interview is replying to questions that fans want to know. If it's just to promote a label then noone will bother reading the interview anyway.

True. That's why I only do what I want to do. When I want to do what other people tell me to do I go to my day job.

you are right, of course one should ask what ever he wish for! but along with that, it will be a good idea to also consider the reader cuz after all, what's the point of an interview if no one will be interested to read it? I don't know anyone that reads this paper anyway...

Tell him to upload some of his old unreleased goa/psy trance dj mixes for his fans.

+1

Also ask him what it takes to be a real baba, and if he believe that ganesha will come from the sky and also how do i reach nirvana, and not to forget does he practice kama sutra? :lol:-_-

Can you ask him to explain the graphic design thought process for this album cover?

Posted Image

LMAO :lol: i think i understand his vision, he is obviously looking in the sky for ganesha.

Can you ask him to explain the graphic design thought process for this album cover?

Posted Image

It's a part of a series of CD's released on Phonokol - all with equally cheesy covers. I'm guessing he didn't have much to do with the making of the cover.

Some absolutely amazing tracks on that CD by the way.

Dammit i'm jealous i've seen him dj a few times really frikkin awesome.

wish i wasn't so lame, a good question...

i am curious how much influence do the people dancing have on the next track played, but that's more general for all djs, how often does the amount/type of moving going on affect whether the next track is more crazy or less or whatever..... i know prolly not making much sense anyway great job landing the interview i'm jealous