Oldest Goatrance Albums

2kijad

Well it's abut the end of 80s. from that time i know only one album with goa sound made in israel: A. B Kazes - Out Of Space Trance (89)

what was playng on the psychedelic partyes in goa that time? where was that music created? is it logical t think that goa sound was made in israel and actualised in india?

I've heard an LP from 78 which is pure goatrance if you play it in 45 instead of 33.

I forgot the name, it has a fantasy-styled cover with pixies and forestcreatures.

It has been mentioned on this site before, but i'm too lazy to search

Goa wasn't just made out of nowhere in an instant. And it certainly wasn't made in one place like Israel. It's a genre that evolved into it's form from artists around the world who used to gather on a place called goa in india. Even if you could find out the very first album that was actually labeled goa trance, it wouldn't be the first example of the genre.

It would be nice if we could get our hands on those old dat tapes played at goa tho :)

well we should know the origins of goa trance. some people say it was created by hippies in goa. others say israeli citizens were often going to goa (because they didn't want to go in army) the album i named u there is mostly REAL goa sound. i mean trance defenetly entered goa from europe. there was one country were probably a little group of artists were creating goa trance. probably this country had been israel. because first goa trance albums that i know appear in 92 or 93. 90 and 91 are not goa (as i know and what i know) there are some ambient and low bpm goa sound things, or just beat, bass and other things mixed with indian cultural or religious elements (mantras and et.c). BTW the TB303 and Juno-60 which made goa sounds were created in 82. that means goa trance was much earlyer and much more than we know. now the whole week while i have a vacation and can't go anywhere because of war in my country :ph34r: i'm gonna join some info and after 7 days i'm gonna post all the things i find out in this topic. tell us everything you know bout the old goa. middle of 80.

I've heard an LP from 78 which is pure goatrance if you play it in 45 instead of 33.

now about electronic psychedelia, those are probably made with guitar effects. and it is impossable to have goa sound :unsure: well if you tell us what's the album that would help. well i think there's much we don't know about music we listen to :)

I once read an interview with Goa Gil. He said Goa Trance has developed on the beaches of Goa during the late 80s. According to Goa Gil, european DJs collected/extracted synth sounds from New Wave/Synth Pop tracks and underlined those sounds with 4/4 beats. This is how the Goa Trance sound was developed, according to that interview.

Yeah skazi and infected mushroom worked in a small lab and created goa trance..

haha i never meant to say that someone sayd: let there be goa trance, and there was goa trance :D

but there should be some historical reasons some of which we know very well but some of them are still unknown for us. i;m not trying to search were first goa trance track was writen. i'm trying to know were the tendence came from. because if it was the end of 80th it could be the beging of 80 th too. because all we have is the middle 90 th. i mena that's something that needs to be known and we could exgange sme information or smth to reach the consnsus :rolleyes: that's all mate

I once read an interview with Goa Gil. He said Goa Trance has developed on the beaches of Goa during the late 80s. According to Goa Gil, european DJs collected/extracted synth sounds from New Wave/Synth Pop tracks and underlined those sounds with 4/4 beats. This is how the Goa Trance sound was developed, according to that interview.

qould you plz paste that interview or just link us to it?

but there should be some historical reasons some of which we know very well but some of them are still unknown for us. i;m not trying to search were first goa trance track was writen. i'm trying to know were the tendence came from. because if it was the end of 80th it could be the beging of 80 th too. because all we have is the middle 90 th. i mena that's something that needs to be known and we could exgange sme information or smth to reach the consnsus :rolleyes: that's all mate

Yeah man I agree with you. I just don't believe that goa originated as a genre from a single country, as I've read some of those interviews and all of them pretty much say what goa-getter posted.

[sarcasm]

I mean, if it was really started in Israel, wouldn't it be called isratrance? Oh wait a minute.. :o:P

[/sarcasm]

from another topic on the subject a while ago:

I'd just like to add that the whole trance phenomena didn't just come in the early 90s like many online "guides" tracing the origins of trance say, it was a continuously morphing phenomena that is as old as electronic instruments existed (and even older than that if you'd consider tribal druming and chanting as "trance music"). Obviously I'll be limiting myself to "electronic trance" since this is the main issue.

Basically the origins of "electronic trance" started with the "arpeggio" technique. Arpeggio itself isn't new, it basically means a rapid succession of notes (anyone with a basic training in classical music will recognize the word). But in the electronic music world it started having a new meaning: some musicians realized that by creating a rapid succession of a synth sound it can corespond more or less to the frequency of theta waves which is a wave that our brain naturally produces when sleeping and meditating. They've realized that by playing a sound at the theta frequency it produces a wierd state on the listener, a state half between sleeping and being awake... a TRANCE! This is usually coupled with atmospheric pads (a kind of long synth sound that "fills up the space" and gives the track a certain colour. These 2 elements are IMO THEEE most important and easily recognizable elements in a trance song. And this might come to you as a surprise but they have already existed in the 1970s, trance didn't create anything new!!

Then there is a long list of 1980s EBM that was played in parties in Goa and which eventually morphed into what we call trance today (well for me this WAS trance before it was actually called trance;)). The main addition that the 80s has given is putting all those syth ideas on a 4/4 (or 4 on the floor) kick, borrowed from disco music and which became the trademark of dance music ever since. BTW it's called 4/4 because electronic music is generally made out of loops. Each loop is made of bars which are divided into notes. 4/4 means that you have 4 beats per bar, each beat being 1/4th note. With this kick the music became danceable, you could listen to it on the dancefloor rather than by chilling in your room and smoking a joint.

Anne Clark - Sleeper in Metropolis (1985) -- ps this song was blatantly ripped off by Visions of Shiva (Paul Van Dyk and Cosmic Baby) 8 years later and was presented as one of the first trance ttracks ever ;)

The Neon Judgement - TV Treated (1985)

A Splic Second - Flesh (1986)

Acts of Madmen - The Dream (1987)

The Caravan - Somewhere in Arabia (1987)

KLF - What Time Is Love (Pure Trance Version) 1989

Acts of Madmen - What's The Matter (1988)

Basic Two - Face to Mecca (1988)

Amnesia - Ibiza (1988)

Konzept - Hypnautic Beats (1990)

and here are the very first tracks to be oficially called "trance".

Dance 2 Trance - We Came In Peace (1990)

Jam and Spoon - Stella (1992)

Dance 2 Trance - Hello San Francisco (1992)

there I hope this helps ;)

nice post but the topic is about GOA trance. i mean if people who lived in goa were offered a techno and "they din't know what to do with that music" so it became unpopular. The sound which after was named goa trance ENTERED goa from somewhere. and i don't get why it couldn't be just one group of nonpopular producers from ONE country.

nice post but the topic is about GOA trance.

problem is that this "GOA trance" u mention is too much of a modern style, with roots in new beat, ebm, acid house, house, frankfurt techno-trance, acid, and so forth

ok. i mean GOA Sound... i mean u can see that something entered trance, it was transformed and deformated and then goans liked it. because if they liked europiantrance, they would have some trance there. they liked THIS sound which had no name and they'v named goa trance and which was taken by a little group of producers from where? << to know from where we should know who was emigrating in goa. to know who, we should know when....

some posts sayd that israeli soldiers story - is just a story about how goa became popular in israel (according to this post indians opened theyr country for israeli citizens in the middle of 90th, but thats not the truth, the truth iiiis that it happened in 1988)

ok. i mean GOA Sound... i mean u can see that something entered trance, it was transformed and deformated and then goans liked it. because if they liked europiantrance, they would have some trance there. they liked THIS sound which had no name and they'v named goa trance and which was taken by a little group of producers from where? << to know from where we should know who was emigrating in goa. to know who, we should know when....

some posts sayd that israeli soldiers story - is just a story about how goa became popular in israel (according to this post indians opened theyr country for israeli citizens in the middle of 90th, but thats not the truth, the truth iiiis that it happened in 1988)

I don't understand what you want... like I said, goatrance is something that slowly morphed from other genres. People in Goa listened to New Beat before trance, hence the links I've posted. You can hear an obvious connexion between New Beat and early trance records. Listen to the Konzept track... it has most of the elements that make the trademark goatrance sound, although it was New Beat. Also, in the beginning ALL trance was goa, the commercial movement eventually got a life of it's own in Europe, but the origins were all to be found in the hippie comminities in Goa and Ibiza... Hippies would travel around the World and bring back whatever music they found interesting and it just so happens that the most interesting music they found was New Beat. Trance eventually progressed from there. Then around 1993-1994 there was a clear split between "uncommercial" trance that eventually lead to the goatrance scene and more commercial club-oriented trance that lead to uplifting trance. But it was the commercial vibe that spawned from the undreground one, not the other way around...

I forgot the name, it has a fantasy-styled cover with pixies and forestcreatures.

It has been mentioned on this site before, but i'm too lazy to search

tangerine dream

thank you lemmi, this is the artist i was talking about, i've heard an LP from these guys which i would clearly classify in goatrance ( if played in 45)

thank you lemmi, this is the artist i was talking about, i've heard an LP from these guys which i would clearly classify in goatrance ( if played in 45)

glad to be of service ;) Indeed, most of the basics of psytrance were layed by these guys way back in the 70s. No wonder their first album was named... Electronic Meditation ;)

well we should know the origins of goa trance. some people say it was created by hippies in goa. others say israeli citizens were often going to goa (because they didn't want to go in army) the album i named u there is mostly REAL goa sound. i mean trance defenetly entered goa from europe. there was one country were probably a little group of artists were creating goa trance. probably this country had been israel. because first goa trance albums that i know appear in 92 or 93. 90 and 91 are not goa (as i know and what i know) there are some ambient and low bpm goa sound things, or just beat, bass and other things mixed with indian cultural or religious elements (mantras and et.c). BTW the TB303 and Juno-60 which made goa sounds were created in 82. that means goa trance was much earlyer and much more than we know. now the whole week while i have a vacation and can't go anywhere because of war in my country :ph34r: i'm gonna join some info and after 7 days i'm gonna post all the things i find out in this topic. tell us everything you know bout the old goa. middle of 80.

now about electronic psychedelia, those are probably made with guitar effects. and it is impossable to have goa sound :unsure: well if you tell us what's the album that would help. well i think there's much we don't know about music we listen to :)

Soundwise everything TB 303 and Juno 60 can do could be done since 1970 and even earlier.

It is indeed possible to use guitar effects for goa trance and with very good results too.

Klaus Schulze, Tangerine Dream, Kraftwerk, Manuel Göttsching. All Germans. They invented it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQMjVe_AGkY

Put beats under the sequence et voila.

the beginning IMO

..and i have to agree with lemmi. it's not like some ppl in goa woke up one day and came with this idea to create new tunes and call it goa trance !