Someone seems a Suntrip hater

Kai-Q

You only listen to the best releases in general I imagine? :rolleyes:

Now while not all music I listen to I'd rate at 5/5 if I was going to release my own music (and expect people to pay for it) then you can be damn sure I'd make sure it was all 5/5 in my ear. If I thought my own commercially released music was not as good as it could possibly be then I'd take the time to make sure it was 5/5 before I let it out in public.

An artist that doesn't think what they have made is great shouldn't release it. Can you imagine the spiel?

Well I think this is a bit shit, but you might like it! Go on please give me your money!!

Nah, if an artist doesn't rate his own music why should I bother with it. Even stuff I find crap, I hope the artist loves.

Did you read my muffin analogy post? Maybe the artists' friends like it though he doesn't, so he decides to release it. Maybe he just doesn't know how to do any better, so he releases his best try. Etc. I'm sorry but you're incredibly naive if you think people only release something because they think it's 5/5.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a rating from 1 to 5 is really going to give you an impression of something. And I guess you don't listen to anything thats below rating 4? :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: Usually if I'm thinking of listening to something I check ratings by a few people on discogs. Anoebis usually has similar ratings to me except sometimes he rates things 1/5 that are very good, but combining his rate with some others I get a good idea if it's good music or not. Sorry if you don't know how to use internet ratings and think they are just there to waste space.

What I'm saying is you will probably miss out on some music that you could actually like.

Who cares? I already have hundreds of CDs I do like. I can't listen to every single CD just to make sure I don't miss out on something I might have liked. :rolleyes: Nor am I in dire need of another CD I like.

and what about collaborations ?

none of the artists involved should rate the work of the collab, simple as that

An artist that doesn't think what they have made is great shouldn't release it. Can you imagine the spiel?

Yes, three times yes, but that's something I assume beforehand. I don't need the unnecessary proof of the artist rating his/her work, I set it as obligatory that the artist loves what he/she's doing. And don't come with examples where this isn't the case, because I think it's the case with the stuff I like ... and even if not then I believe it, in my universe this has to be the case -_-

Sorry if you don't know how to use internet ratings and think they are just there to waste space.

Well you need to learn how to avoid reading between lines. As I mentioned before, I use the psynews reviews section to see what others have to say about an album/comp etc, rather then look at a 1 to 5 rating system which means nothing.

Rankings don't waste much space, but your posts do. And they waste my time aswell.

And drop the 'superior' attitude aswell. The only thing you're superior to is a 3-legged saliva eatin' chernobyl chicken.

I'm not wasting my energy to read or reply to your posts anymore, chav. ;)

Well you need to learn how to avoid reading between lines. As I mentioned before, I use the psynews reviews section to see what others have to say about an album/comp etc, rather then look at a 1 to 5 rating system which means nothing.

Rankings don't waste much space, but your posts do. And they waste my time aswell.

And drop the 'superior' attitude aswell. The only thing you're superior to is a 3-legged saliva eatin' chernobyl chicken.

I'm not wasting my energy to read or reply to your posts anymore, chav. ;)

If I would ever have promoted the opening of members opening up a "Lets ban this member and vote", this would be the time :D

This is funny Nemo,

"Can't beat him, join him," not, "can't beat him, ban him". ;)

Would a simple "I dont like you" Suffice? :D We can not like everyone, and you are the criteria "I dont like you at all, please leave, cause I hate reading your posts" :)

You wont get banned though, that I would not allow, and I would not allow a thread promoting your ban. I hope you leave though.

and there is not really anything to "beat" here, I think you are as beaten as anyone could get...

This depends on one's subjective rating criteria. You could not care about mastering, you could care somewhat about it, or you could only care about it. (gradient)

so you're saying that rating is subjected to a certain amount of subjectivity ?

Grr, always when someone mentions her I remember this "incident".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1up1IEPxkW4

yep, that's why I really begin to dislike all that Timbaland hype

And I dislike Nelly Furtado, because she's the image that my dislike of Timbaland projects on, because in videos you rather see her than him for obvious saliva-dripping reasons amongst male individuals in heat.

yep, that's why I really begin to dislike all that Timbaland hype

who's Timbaland ?

was nelly furtado not doing some works/projects with Justin Timberlake ?

well anyways... prolly wrong thought

but who is this Timbaland ?

:lol:

and the ones that you can smoke? :lol:

it's quite a farmers/greenzone here not really enough material around to experiment with it,

tried a brick once, pulvered it and layered it over my sheet with tobaccers..

but i guess those rugget cemented ones are much more of a kick

;)