Someone seems a Suntrip hater

Kai-Q

Look, this guy neptunwave vote to all Suntrip releases 1/5, on discogs. LOL :lol:

Okay the baddes release from Suntrip is my opinion Ka-Sol, but this is not worse or better as 3/5.

Why he vote to all release such low rating? :unsure:

Has he trouble with this label or is he just a killjoy. :wank:

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This guy has been selling overstock from Nova-Tekk and other distributors for some years now... perhaps there is some business reason for this. Otherwise, I don't know... you have to remember that Discogs ratings don't mean much of anything; I've had people rate some releases I've been involved in at 1/5 simply because they had a personal problem with me. That's how it goes.

It must be business related... he is the official Phototropic reseller for Europe for a month now and it works fine so far, he told me he likes oldschool Goa (and therefore the Phototropics).

I just know he rated the latest Phototropic before he actually got it delivered, so he is judging by the samples + seller contact or something.

Anyway, i don't think this is more weird than Anoebis judging is own CDs 5/5.

digi

well believe it or not, there ARE valid reasons not to like Suntrip releases, my main problem with their stuff (except for Ka-sol who really tries out new paths) being that they try too hard to stick to one or other oldschool "formula". Sometimes the line between inspiration and plagiarism becomes pretty blurry in Suntrip land... Which doesn't mean I don't like their stuff, far from it but I can understand why someone who's been into the scene from the early 90s might not rate their stuff high.

Also, would so many people on psynews rate Suntrip releases so high if they didn't know that the same people who created psynews are the ones who created Suntrip...? I don't mean to diss Anoebis and Mars' efforts and I DO like their stuff a lot but this has been a question that's been behind my mind for some time now...

I have no idea who this guy is, and actually I don't care either... If he has a problem somehow it's probably his problem anyway or if we are involved he should talk, I'm not that hard to reach :) Altough rating Ra 1/5 by an old school lover is not really serious in my mind... but afterall it IS a matter of taste in it is impossible to make everyone happy...

And well, untill today I can only say we did Suntrip by heart and the only message is to spread this sound all over the planet... I mean, 5 years ago all labels were laughing at us... Today many people see "new school" is a fact, (that doesn't mean you have to like the sound of course, because of course there are great similarities with the past), and well, I try to make everyone as happy as possible with this music :)

Also, for all the "real" 94-99 old school lovers, our next cd (for the middle of october) should have some big nice surprises... Some old artists are doing great stuff lately or found some "backstock"' :P

@ Digitoxin, isn't it normal I rate the cds 5/5 :D I made them myself with Mars, they reflect 100% my taste and they were mostly even compiled by me and/or Mars, so it would be strange I would make a cd that was worth 3/5 for myself...

@ Lemminwinks, it is true both me and Mars are involved in psynews, but we NEVER ever pushed our releases here in any way... we could easily place advertisements or pop ups for our releases here, we never did... The fact psynews gives alot of attention is probably because this forum has a certain love for "old school" goa trance... :)

@ Lemminwinks, it is true both me and Mars are involved in psynews, but we NEVER ever pushed our releases here in any way... we could easily place advertisements or pop ups for our releases here, we never did... The fact psynews gives alot of attention is probably because this forum has a certain love for "old school" goa trance... :)

Yash, this is definately the most likely explanation :)

Out of interest, does anyone know how well the suntrip releases go down on isratrance?

Yash, this is definately the most likely explanation :)

Out of interest, does anyone know how well the suntrip releases go down on isratrance?

Well, they get quiet alot of reactions on the reviews, but that's about it... :) But I'm way to little on isratrance to have a clear view

Well, they get quiet alot of reactions on the reviews, but that's about it... :) But I'm way to little on isratrance to have a clear view

They're doing pretty well. More and more of new psyheads are sucked into the Goa territory thanks to your releases. This is at least something you must be proud about it ;):)

I opened this topic, because he voted only Suntrip releases worse, but the other stuff like Ethereal, Ypsilon 5 or Afgin and so on, he didn't rated them. That's an odd thing. :ph34r:

It is true you can not bring the golden 90's back. But many Goa Fans bitching around "Fucking new Psy-Trance, Full On sucks, we wanted Goa Trance like the old one, aso..". Now some musicians and labels tried to bring Goa Trance nearly like the old stuff and the old school fans are still not satisfieded with it. :huh:

What the fuck they wanted? <_<

I guess they wanted the same ammount of originality among releases like in the 90s. They want the 'feeling' back, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same sound. I don't see why newschool goa artists are generelizing on the indian scales and the 303's so much, it's almost the same as psytrance arists focusing on the bassline these days. Maybe that's why they don't like this newschool goa reincarnation, because it lacks the uniqueness like those found in the 90s?

I guess they wanted the same ammount of originality among releases like in the 90s. They want the 'feeling' back, but that doesn't necessarily mean the same sound. I don't see why newschool goa artists are generelizing on the indian scales and the 303's so much, it's almost the same as psytrance arists focusing on the bassline these days. Maybe that's why they don't like this newschool goa reincarnation, because it lacks the uniqueness like those found in the 90s?

That's inevitable in any kind of music that survives past its infancy. When a style starts, of course everything is creative and unique, because it's a new genre! But once more people start making the music, it settles into a common situation where the bulk of the music made is either re-hashed or just crap, with a layer of good music on top. That's how it is in any established genre.

That's inevitable in any kind of music that survives past its infancy. When a style starts, of course everything is creative and unique, because it's a new genre! But once more people start making the music, it settles into a common situation where the bulk of the music made is either re-hashed or just crap, with a layer of good music on top. That's how it is in any established genre.

Exactly

@ Oopie: the hole point is that I like goa trance, with the typical goa elements, melodies, Indian scales and 303's... :) That's the music I fell in love with 10 years ago, that's music I still love today... That doesn't mean I don't like new stuff... But my biggest love is still that "classic" goa trance sound... I have no need in new kind of melodies, or no 303's! :) This sound drives me mad and makes me happy every time over and over again... Maybe I'm just weird, I don't know... :)

Suntrip lover / Suntrip hater...ok well.

There HAS to be some people that don't like our releases, and we're fine with that. That's how it goes with tastes.

As Anoebis says, I believe there are more lovers here because Psynews was more an oldschool place from the begining. Would there be haters as well, they could express their opinions freely, these 2 organizations are indepndant (I'm no longer Psynews admin FYI, just the webmaster).

I would like to talk about the Phototropic issue: Filipe wrote me in June to say hello, apologize and tell me unity makes us stronger. I accepted apologies, I agreed with his statement, but I made it clear there's no way we're gonna work together again. I don't think anyone from Phototropic would try to harm us one way or another now.

Now about the fact this person voted 1/5 for us only and the suspicion behind it :

- If this guy doesn't just like our releases, well, next CD we'll do our best so that he likes it too.

- If this is political, then I couldn't care less: politics and psytrance just sound so much off-topic.