3. Cicada

4. Solstice

5. HiD

6. Dark Persuasion

7. Angelic Particles

8. Rent Boy

9. Gamma Goblins

Info:

In May 2007, Twisted LIVE in Concert gave us the opportunity to record a unique LIVE set from Hallucinogen in DUB. Featuring Ott, Simon Posford, Youth, Jackson & David Nock, it's a beautiful acoustic performance of the classics you know and love under a new arrangement from the live performance. A solid hour of heavy grooves and upbeat psychedelic sofa monsters that features several new tracks. This release will bring the energy of the event into your living room and the excitement felt by thousands as they watched these seasoned professionals firing out their electro-acoustic meanderings. You can expect more LIVE projects from Twisted Records in the future. Shpongle and Younger Brother to name a few.

Link:

http://www.tinyurl.pl?4GsDBeb1

Will buy it surely, but WTF? Was recorded in May 2007, announced in August 2008, but will not be released for the next 3 months - are they burning the CDs themselves and draw the artwork with crayons...?!? FFS! Wake up Twisted...

Will buy it surely, but WTF? Was recorded in May 2007, announced in August 2008, but will not be released for the next 3 months - are they burning the CDs themselves and draw the artwork with crayons...?!? FFS! Wake up Twisted...

Come on does that really surprise you? <_<

They build up the suspense just so we lose interest. I still haven't bought OTT - Skylon. When it was first announced it was a must buy then I got bored of delays etc & it slipped out of my buy field :(

They build up the suspense just so we lose interest. I still haven't bought OTT - Skylon. When it was first announced it was a must buy then I got bored of delays etc & it slipped out of my buy field :(

haha, exactly the same happened to me. I wonder how many sales they lose by constantly delaying all their releases? :unsure:

And who wants to bet on how long this album will be delayed. I'm gonna go for 2 months. :lol:

haha, exactly the same happened to me. I wonder how many sales they lose by constantly delaying all their releases? :unsure:

And who wants to bet on how long this album will be delayed. I'm gonna go for 2 months. :lol:

That sounds about right. I guess they'll release it just after christmas, ie maximum money lost due to delaying it :lol:

I never know why they delay albums (unless the music is not ready of course) waiting for artwork doesn't seem like a valid excuse (especially with the shitty covers they've had recently) & problems printing shouldn't be every single time :ph34r:

That sounds about right. I guess they'll release it just after christmas, ie maximum money lost due to delaying it :lol:

I never know why they delay albums (unless the music is not ready of course) waiting for artwork doesn't seem like a valid excuse (especially with the shitty covers they've had recently) & problems printing shouldn't be every single time :ph34r:

They just want attention :P

But the samples sounds pretty nice! This one should be a save buy.. when ever it arrives! I will just forget about it again and re-find it when its eventually released! Saves a lot of waiting ;)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This is well worth your piddly little $8.99... such a paltry sum when held up against the stunning epic sonic onslaught that is this CD...

It was indeed rearranged for (mostlly) non-synth equipment to actually be PLAYED LIVE by real humans! Perish the thought! Well it works... it really works, brilliantly and it is exhilarating... the thrilled, drugged up huge-crown noises are all there where they ought to be, adding to the exitement.... parts sound like some futuristic crunching Heavy Metal from an alien planet... there are a number of back-and-forth solo tradeoffs between a soaring & uplifting guitar and a drowning & hynotic keyboard that left me shaking my head in amazement of their excellence. And flights of airy and/or frightening fancy inbetween. This record is really something to behold.

(Check out info about "The Orb Festival" where Posford and friends will be doing this plus who knows what else for us in the US... YES!! THE US GETS ITS VERY OWN *LIVE* H-A-L-L-U-C-I-N-O-G-E-N CONCERT! How exciting... I may just have to go all the way up there from Kentucky just for this)

This album is outstanding, but is scarred by a very lackluster bassist. Would have been an absolute mindblower given a bassist with creativity, talent, and an actual understanding of the psychedelic nature of this music. I can't help but feel depressed when listening to the album due to the fact that it sounds like an amateur is on stage with some of the greatest producers known to man. Totally fucked :(

This album is outstanding, but is scarred by a very lackluster bassist. Would have been an absolute mindblower given a bassist with creativity, talent, and an actual understanding of the psychedelic nature of this music. I can't help but feel depressed when listening to the album due to the fact that it sounds like an amateur is on stage with some of the greatest producers known to man. Totally fucked :(

YOUTH????????????????/

?? hallucinogen in Dub is a top album...Simon and Ott work very well together, how can anyone slate Youth? ...thats sacrilege!!

If Youth had ventured further than what he does on this album it would be completely tangled up. That prominent, repetitive and predictable baseline is what keeps the threads together, and it works extremely well with the drummer who is outstanding. I see your argument, but I find what you find lacking - necessary.

I don't see how they could justify replacing the intricate bass lines from tracks like Solstice or LSD with that repetitiveness, though...

I will try to see your point of view on my next listen through the album. I do still enjoy listening to it, but I guess my expectations were set too high.