Gio / Makyo is dead?

RTP

Hello folks...

Just came back from holidays. Have seen lots of good things. But also some bad ones. One of these was the "news" I got in Lyon from a shopkeeper who also sold goa CDs ... well, to me he seemed to know what he was talking about, not making something up, you know...

He told me that Makyo is dead.

That's right, he meant Gio, the head behind Makyo and - afaik - also the head behind Dakini Records...

That has quite shocked me. I haven't heard a word of this anywhere. You can't find anything about this on the Dakini website or when searching Google either.

And I really am a big fan of Makyo ... to me he certainly is one of the best chillout artists. It would be really sad if this was true :(

Anybody knows something of this? Can tell if this is true or not? According to that guy who told this to me he's dead already since some time (months), it hasn't happened recently...

However, I saw Makyo in London in March I think.

Seems like he logged into his myspace site two days ago, so I guess you have heard a false rumour...:

http://www.myspace.com/dakinirecords

Oh great, great! Then he obviously is alive!

I think they'd state it somewhere if anything hapened to him.

I already was really worried though ... I mean, it doesn't happen everyday that somebody tells you that one of your favourite artists is dead, does it?

it doesn't happen everyday that somebody tells you that one of your favourite artists is dead,

if it did- we'd be outa artist quick!

however if you read craigslist.org rants and raves, you'll see every day another celebrity IS dead, and shortly after you'll find out it was a lie.

today's death is ...............Paul Mcartney! woo hoo we have a winner

link to one of the dead paul posts

if it did- we'd be outa artist quick!

however if you read craigslist.org rants and raves, you'll see every day another celebrity IS dead, and shortly after you'll find out it was a lie.

today's death is ...............Paul Mcartney! woo hoo we have a winner

link to one of the dead paul posts

We should declare Skazi as dead!

Then again that publicity only would help him...

Anyway, it's evil to shock people like that.

I had the prejudice that Lyon people knew what they are talking about when it comes to ambient :rolleyes:

• 7 months later...