I am about to listen to Shpongle

Trance2MoveU

one last thing lol, cause im litterally sold with posford, his project you need to ear is celtic cross, hallucinogen,shpongle,younger brother and dub of trees. the only reason i keep listening to whats coming out thouse years, is because im waiting for something as brilllinat as shpongle, ive crossed makyo, but still...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a little something more, go listen to almost all his project yopu wil see that even in 93, some of his project was so inspiring

Group Members

Anubis Chris Deckker, Simon Posford

Audio Chemistry Jothi Sidhu, Simon Posford

Axis Mundi Simon Posford, Ben Kempton

Baba G Chester, Simon Posford

Celtic Cross Simon Posford, Martin Glover

DSP Dimitri Nakov, Simon Posford

Fly Agaric Simon Posford, Michele Adamson, Erez Aizen, Amit Duvdevani

Growlmonizer Shajahan Matkin, Josef Quinteros, Simon Posford

Gumbo Simon Posford

Hallucinogen Simon Posford

Industrial Suicide Tribe Mad Sheer Khan, Simon Posford

Infernal Machine Richard Trevor, Simon Posford

Mandala Simon Posford, Martin Glover

Metal Sharon Merv Pepler, Simon Posford

Nomads of Dub Simon Posford, Nick Barber

Psykov Yakov Biton, Simon Posford

Purple OM Nick Barber, Simon Posford

Shpongle Simon Posford, Raja ram

Subkha Sheldon Isaacs, Simon Posford

The Beast Simon Posford, Sean Williams

Walter Ego Simon Posford

Yeti Stephane Holweck, Serge Souque, Ron Rothfield, Loic Van Pouke, Simon Posford, Graham Wood

Younger Brother Simon Posford, Benji Vaughan

haven't heard em all but just to add one more,

Alan Parsons + Simon Posford + David Gilmour

1st track on Alan Parsons - Valid Path

p(sy)ayam

yeah its true, i forgot this one, Alan parson, and he collaborated with him because hes a fan of Alan.DID you know than it's in 1998, that posford realeased three albums?!?!?!: Celtic cross, Shpongle, and the Compilation Eclipse - A Journey Of Permanence & Impermanence which almost every song he collaborate! its awsome, the three albums are totally mind blowing, out of this world, ten year after, and those 3 cd's are classics.

Most of people who don't like shpongle, didn't hear celtic cross or Eclipse - A Journey Of Permanence & Impermanence, and thats a shame, cause its totally different then shpongle, if they dont like shpongle, it doesnt mean that they wouldnt love celtic cross.

I encourage people who dont love shpongle to go hear celtic cross and Eclipse - A Journey Of Permanence & Impermanence!!!!!!!!!!!!!

im waiting for something as brilllinat as shpongle, ive crossed makyo, but still...

That's funny, because I'm a huge fan of Makyo, but I can't stand Shpongle. AYS is probably still better than the other two, but still, I don't like the "throwing all in"-philosophy. I want structure and meditative ambience ... Shpongle doesn't have that, they have chaos.

I wish Shpongle hadn't failed so hard on the new album. Unlike the first two I played the third maybe ten times total and then never again, simply because it wasn't good. It was just such a garbled mismatching of ideas.

I wish Shpongle hadn't failed so hard on the new album. Unlike the first two I played the third maybe ten times total and then never again, simply because it wasn't good. It was just such a garbled mismatching of ideas.

I know but the new young brother made it ok for me :)

I thought so too after the first few listens. But now I definately rate it up there with the other 2. It's definately not as psychedelic as the first two, but I think it's their most imaginative and definately the most fun.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought so too after the first few listens. But now I definately rate it up there with the other 2. It's definately not as psychedelic as the first two, but I think it's their most imaginative and definately the most fun.

I think the third album is the greatest. They have made the sound even more shpongled on that album. It took a while for me to really enjoy that album. But I think the two first albums it the most classic, and in the to first albums you can listen to one song but in the third you should listen to the whole album. But for the most time when I listen so a Shpongle song I listen to the whole album.

What is "psychedelic"?

For me it was always ''mmm OK'' :D

Bah, I loved "are you shpongled" and became less a fan with the latter albums. :-) Still good, but there was something the first album was done with that made it dark in a good way. I remember making Sabrina [malicks mom] listen to it when she was pregnant. She HATED IT, it scared her...and I don't know why, but it made me happy in a dark kind of goodness way. hah!

d

• 6 months later...

I am curious how you feel about Shpongle now, 8 months after first hearing the music. Did it grow on you, get dull quickly or just remain the same?

Does he even visit here anymore?

Sure!

see

This is an awesome goa compilation. So many classics. :posford: Howling at the Moon? Granada? Magnetic Activity? Gift of the Gods? Moonraker (MWNN Remix)? You bet.