I am about to listen to Shpongle

Trance2MoveU

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. Never heard a single track from his albums. I have Are You Shpongled? and am getting ready to see what all the fuss is about.

Mdk

I will give you an advice.

If you don't like it then don't say a word because Psynews is filled with Simon's bitches and they'll eat you alive!

:D:P

Just kidding. Tell us your impressions.

Guest antic

You've only started giving them a listen now? Why so late?

Because he's old and forgets all the time to put it into the basket when he buys new music!

Altzheimer and stuff, you know...

;):D

Because he's old and forgets all the time to put it into the basket when he buys new music!

Altzheimer and stuff, you know...

;):D

So true! You should see how grey the beard is getting! I don't know what took so long, I always knew it was there. Maybe I didn't listen to it because of all the hype that surrounds it. It couldn't possibly be that good, so why be disappointed?

I'm on my third listen, and it is growing on me. ;)

Mdk

Guest antic

I don't know what took so long, I always knew it was there.

I hear you, but beware - I missed couple of great releases thinking "I'll get it later, it's always in stock" and when I finally decided to buy it, it wasn't available anymore (in normal price, that is). Still, you're pretty safe with Twisted because they seem to be reprinting their stuff or have printed them in large quantities.

Well you can tell there is a lot of intricacy in this work. I wouldn't call it ambient so much as a "melange" of tempo changing downtempo and tribal trance. He really does mix a lot of genres together. I really liked the marching band sound in Divine Moments of Truth. Very tribal. And he ain't afraid of a didgeridoo, is he? Just when I thought that I wouldn't really care for a track, as it evolves, he pulls me in. There are so many layers that I think it requires numerous listens just to take it all in.

So my verdict? Very interesting and complex. Music that you have to devote time to to appreciate it. I have ambient that I like a lot more (Ishq and Anahata) but this is like nothing else. This is not a relaxing journey like MOTY is. It's great if I have the time to delve into and want to experience, but not something that would make me say, "Man I need to listen to some Shpongle!"

But I'm glad I finally got to listen to it, and I did enjoy it! :clapping:

Mdk

I'm on my third listen, and it is growing on me. ;)

Excellent...

But really, it's definitely a treat, I think. Posford and Ram do a good job. The third album is very different in contrast to the first two but it's grown on me too since I've first listened to it.

All three are great in their own right, imo.

Yeah Shpongle is something special and highly original and creative, even though that does not necessarily imply I like them all that much.

And I don't.

An occasional listen at a friend's house while drinking cheap croatian beer is all the Shpongle I want or need, can cope with and am ready to appreciate.

First Shpongle album can never be topped for me, its what got me interested in psy but at this point after hearing it 2000 times there is not much left.

The only track I can really still enjoy is And Day Turned to Night...just such an epic masterpiece and so much to take in. Posford himself said in an interview that it was the only track that when he was finished with it he was truely happy with.

I am about to listen to Shpongle unreleased Remixes

first time ever.

and I don't believe you,Mdk, you hadn't listened to Shpongle before.

Nope, very true. I had never listened to any of his albums before. Of course I knew who he was, but I just never got around to listening to them. I enjoyed it for the most part. Sometimes it was a little too much for me, but I can see why people find new things in the music each time they hear it.

Now on to Tales of the Inexpressible! :clapping:

Mdk

Nope, very true. I had never listened to any of his albums before. Of course I knew who he was, but I just never got around to listening to them. I enjoyed it for the most part. Sometimes it was a little too much for me, but I can see why people find new things in the music each time they hear it.

Now on to Tales of the Inexpressible! :clapping:

Mdk

ah you are lucky, being able to enjoy all of shpongle for the very first time. all this wait must have been worth it.

Even before if you had listened to it with as much as expectations you could have made, you wouldn't have been disappointed.

I think from now on its gonna just get better and better along with different experiences of life.

When i was younger, i didnt liked shpongle at all, neither hallucinogen, i was more into x-dream and infected and koxbox, i was only doing weed at

that time. When i started to do magic mushroom, thats when it all becomes clear in my head, i keep on listening some infected, really trippy right, but when i hear shpongle falls on magic mushroom, men, it was then that i realise that its so more evolve, i keep on listening to ishq or tripswitch but it felt litterally boring after listening to shpongle on mushrooms. I've listen to every BIg names on the ambient and full-on scene on mushrooms, but men, shpongle is eating them all alive.

a little something more, go listen to almost all his project yopu wil see that even in 93, some of his project was so inspiring

Group Members

Anubis Chris Deckker, Simon Posford

Audio Chemistry Jothi Sidhu, Simon Posford

Axis Mundi Simon Posford, Ben Kempton

Baba G Chester, Simon Posford

Celtic Cross Simon Posford, Martin Glover

DSP Dimitri Nakov, Simon Posford

Fly Agaric Simon Posford, Michele Adamson, Erez Aizen, Amit Duvdevani

Growlmonizer Shajahan Matkin, Josef Quinteros, Simon Posford

Gumbo Simon Posford

Hallucinogen Simon Posford

Industrial Suicide Tribe Mad Sheer Khan, Simon Posford

Infernal Machine Richard Trevor, Simon Posford

Mandala Simon Posford, Martin Glover

Metal Sharon Merv Pepler, Simon Posford

Nomads of Dub Simon Posford, Nick Barber

Psykov Yakov Biton, Simon Posford

Purple OM Nick Barber, Simon Posford

Shpongle Simon Posford, Raja ram

Subkha Sheldon Isaacs, Simon Posford

The Beast Simon Posford, Sean Williams

Walter Ego Simon Posford

Yeti Stephane Holweck, Serge Souque, Ron Rothfield, Loic Van Pouke, Simon Posford, Graham Wood

Younger Brother Simon Posford, Benji Vaughan