Children of the Bong

PsyGoatDelic

Posted Image

I tried to search it on this board and found some directions, but nothing lead to what I looked for.

does anybody here ever managed to find any similar music & style to Children of the Bong's - Sirius sounds?

this album is by far one of the best I've ever heard!

Long heavy basses, breaking and rolling drumming with pinches of dub rhythms , slow long deep crispy tale telling melodies and lots and long of high pitched sounds rolling flying floating and oscillating around your brain! and all all very well built arranged and produced together to an exquisite slow psychedelic dubby chill out

Not a big fan of them, but they were definitely ahead of their time!

BTW were are they now?

I've just got the euphonic album, half of COTB -Rob Henrie, the slow baselines are there, the drumming are there even the long intros...

but not the melodies :(

anyone mit any offer?

Know what?

As I see this thread, I realize I dreamt about this album last night. I have the re-release (I think?!) and I dreamt that the original was twice as long, which I hadn't realized until then, and that there were ten extra tracks on that album that I didn't know of.

Damn it. Damn it all to hell.

:D

Anyway, I find it really hard to recommend something in the vein of Children of the Bong. Don't think that Puff Dragon really fits the bill either. Maybe try Capsula? It's not totally similar, but you might still like it. :)

Know what?

As I see this thread, I realize I dreamt about this album last night. I have the re-release (I think?!) and I dreamt that the original was twice as long, which I hadn't realized until then, and that there were ten extra tracks on that album that I didn't know of.

Damn it. Damn it all to hell.

:D

Anyway, I find it really hard to recommend something in the vein of Children of the Bong. Don't think that Puff Dragon really fits the bill either. Maybe try Capsula? It's not totally similar, but you might still like it. :)

LOL sounds like the dreams I'm having... occasionally I dream that I enter a dreamy record shop and found there any release I've ever wanted...

heard some samples from puff dragon, but it was far from COTB

checking out capsula

so far nothing :(

if anyone else ever looked for something resemble, I've found the Totally Eclipsed compilation very good.

did you try every recommendation?

Geiom's Island Noise could be your thing btw.