most promising psychadelic band

murphythecat

The x formation is well known but not very original.

The quintuple formation usually means there is one too many people in the band and you always have a douche bag that dances and jumps around and does not know how to play anything, but he has the right vibe, the spirit and probably the stash.

The twin formation works very well if you are both from the Scandinavian region and happen to be females... and don't have any qualms with skimpy outfits.

The... ahh.. i give up... :wank:

Infected Mushroom :ph34r:

(no, it's not a joke)

Posted Image

(Off-topic, that guy with the long [emo]hair makes me crap my pants in disgust)

They will problably be one of the most successfull psy groups ever.

Already experimenting with genres, going cross genre to pull people across the unknown boundaries of psy.

Infected Mushroom will comercialize Psy, and in near future 10x people will be listening to psy, i believe the whole genre is coming up.

This means:

A: Many more producers in the psy genre, which means Exstreme flooding of the Psy-market.

B: More Crap Musicians claiming to be psy when it's downright Eurotechno/Pop

That's nice. But you're discoveries are 10 years late.

What? Didn't know they were a band before... they were a Duet.

now, as they are more; theyre a band.

Posted Image

E: plus they made awesome music back before 2000

Infected Mushroom will comercialize Psy, and in near future 10x people will be listening to psy, i believe the whole genre is coming up.

This means:

A: Many more producers in the psy genre, which means Exstreme flooding of the Psy-market.

B: More Crap Musicians claiming to be psy when it's downright Eurotechno/Pop

:lol: ummm it is already like this?

oh yeah, I am just agreeing with you here :rolleyes:

IM are now 4? Who are those 2 other guys? Supporting singers? :D

Not supporting singers, they are actually the REAL IM! You know the story behind MillyVanilli? :lol:

What? Didn't know they were a band before... they were a Duet.

now, as they are more; theyre a band.

Posted Image

E: plus they made awesome music back before 2000

You do not need to be 4 to be a band. Nirvana were 3, and I know they could have done without the bassist if they had a NORD :D

AIR is a band as well, 2 people. ;) On stage they are around 10 though. :D

oh yeah, I am just agreeing with you here :rolleyes:

IM's progress in psy music was notable, yes. but as far as cormercializing back then? :unsure: its higly unlikely that it's the same as it is now.

Commercialization? Psy? Now? That's like saying we should have more coca-cola advertisments, because somebody in the world might actually have not heard of it. (Even tho coke adverts keep on running..)

They (IM) are just doing it for the cash now. It's not about "expanding" psy or "breaking borders" of the genre.

going cross genre to pull people across the unknown boundaries of psy.

That's a very poetic line, but what they're doing is pulling in pop-addicted teenagers with their guitars and vocals, and slammin a bassline over it to try to "satisfy" the oldskool psy-fans. But it's only working for the pop infected teenagers.

Psy is being taken over by other genres, there's hardly any quality psy releases anyway.

Not supporting singers, they are actually the REAL IM! You know the story behind MillyVanilli? :lol:

I just checked on Wiki. You mean they were not actual singers? Héhé :D

Posted Image

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Commercialization? Psy? Now? That's like saying we should have more coca-cola advertisments, because somebody in the world might actually have not heard of it. (Even tho coke adverts keep on running..)

They (IM) are just doing it for the cash now. It's not about "expanding" psy or "breaking borders" of the genre.

going cross genre to pull people across the unknown boundaries of psy.

That's a very poetic line, but what they're doing is pulling in pop-addicted teenagers with their guitars and vocals, and slammin a bassline over it to try to "satisfy" the oldskool psy-fans. But it's only working for the pop infected teenagers.

Psy is being taken over by other genres, there's hardly any quality psy releases anyway.

That's pretty much very good arguments.

but for most sakes i believe that this is a good development.

This means that "if" this scenario gets more widespread (a qustion of time) this will mean that were gonna get much more music.

and that artists can sell more albums, meaning that quality music can be found.

Problem is that i see an ill development towards skazi music, this means that skazi will be richer and poop out more albums...

this will make me sad, and problably make 70% of the psynewseers commit mass-suicide by 2012

That's pretty much very good arguments.

but for most sakes i believe that this is a good development.

This means that "if" this scenario gets more widespread (a qustion of time) this will mean that were gonna get much more music.

and that artists can sell more albums, meaning that quality music can be found.

Problem is that i see an ill development towards skazi music, this means that skazi will be richer and poop out more albums...

this will make me sad, and problably make 70% of the psynewseers commit mass-suicide by 2012

psychedelic meltdown. every trippers wet dream

Yes but, you're talking about expanding the psy music that is released today. That's the problem. Even if today's psy expands to new people out there that haven't heard the genre, the music they will hear will most probably be full-on or some type of pop-psy hybrid. And if they like what they're hearing we could potentially get new artists, however these new artists would only be inspiried by dull basslines and music with pretty much no soul. If we're going to expand the real psychedellic music to new territories, I think we would have to do a couple of thousand copies of our favourite oldskool albums/comps to countries in the world where psytrance hasn't reached yet.

Just look at the example of Suntrip. It has inspiried alot of new people, goa trance is reaching people who have never heard the genre before including artists. But it's not just goa trance for granted, it's quality goa releases. Unlike psytrance, goa was never that much commercialized and has stayed as a rare gem that stood out of the other genres.

Yes but, you're talking about expanding the psy music that is released today. That's the problem. Even if today's psy expands to new people out there that haven't heard the genre, the music they will hear will most probably be full-on or some type of pop-psy hybrid. And if they like what they're hearing we could potentially get new artists, however these new artists would only be inspiried by dull basslines and music with pretty much no soul. If we're going to expand the real psychedellic music to new territories, I think we would have to do a couple of thousand copies of our favourite oldskool albums/comps to countries in the world where psytrance hasn't reached yet.

Just look at the example of Suntrip. It has inspiried alot of new people, goa trance is reaching people who have never heard the genre before including artists. But it's not just goa trance for granted, it's quality goa releases. Unlike psytrance, goa was never that much commercialized and has stayed as a rare gem that stood out of the other genres.

hey, just hearing the Word "psy" makes people search youtube where they might stumble upon some old IM releases - even bad PR, Is PR. meaning that people eventually will know about the other aspects of psy and the sub catogories.

Goa, will problably never be as popular as full on, or be upcoming be as upcoming as dark psy, but still. Goa will still have a market for which it can release it's music upon, and as the genre grows more popular; so will goa.

I lol'd :lol:

I have said that already four years ago :lol:

And - what a surprise - just at that time IM The Supervisor came out. Coincidence?

I might get eaten alive for this but I don't mind recent IM albums too much.

But it's a shame they're just doing it for money now.

As for future hopefuls? I don't know. I haven't seen anything really worth-while yet.