2. Insane Monkey

3. Total Disintegration

4. Midsummer Night's Dream

5. Harmony From Chaos

6. Deep Purple Haze

7. The Acid Test 2006

8. Inner Revolution

9. Computer Crash

Just when you thought that these guys have started going downhill they released a full collaboration album which is just amazing. It manages to make a great crossblend between the "classic" Space Tribe and Electric Universe sound and full-on. I'll just comment the stand-out tracks.

Total Disintegration actually starts with the EXACT same synth sounds as Hallucinogen's LSD... you can already feel that this is gonna be something special. OK, all similarities with LSD stop after the first few seconds, then it goes on like some rather generic full-on, then some oldschoolish acid melodies come in making you wonder if this is gonna cross the oldschool boundaries completly or if it's just a few teasers thrown in. Then around minute 4:00 again some more oldschoolish melodies on top of the full-on progression, then a breakdown - release, again some 303s and then WHAM we are in complete oldschool territory!!! AHHHHH so these guys haven't forgotten their roots after all :)

Harmony From Chaos is another stormer. This one is much more full-on oriented (but in a good way ;) ). It starts with a rolling bassline and Olli Wisdom talking over a vocoder, nothing special till now. But then around min 5:00 it all breaks down, then picks up again with the vocoder and then around 6:00 comes yet another breakdown and then one of the best melodies EVER (yes, that is INCLUDING everything made in the 90s ;) ). This one will definatly be on my playlist for a long time to come :)

Deep Purple Haze is an odd crossblend between rock and full-on, with Ollie Wisdom singing. Well, after Boris Blenn has given us one of THE best trance-rock anthems ever with Meteor I had high hopes with this one... and they have fallen rather short :( It's not a BAD track but I somehow expected to have more of the Meteor feeling and sadly it just wasn't there :(

Acid Test 2006 is again a bit of a let-down since I was a big fan of the original version. This one just doesn't bring anything new IMO

Computer Crash deserves a special mention. It's actually a very cool tune and then all of a sudden around 2:50 there are a lot of skipping sounds and Olli saying "Oh no, the computer's crashed!" and then it's over... nice trick for live performances lol Although the track was so cool I would've liked it if I had the full-version as a bonus or something.

I must also say that I'm a bit dissapointed cause there wasn't any remix of The Alkaloid Experiment, I would've loved to hear a new version of that one.

Conclusion OK, like most Space Tribe and Electric Universe you have some really killer tracks and some fillers but the killer tracks are sooo great that they definatly make buying this album worthwhile. 8,5/10

• 3 weeks later...

Very inspiring stuff this is. The flow is almost perfect throughout the whole album, ...almost. But it is very rare thing when one album rotates in my player for more than a month and this one did.

Excellent job Boris and Olli.

• 4 years later...

"The idyllic, psychedelic, evangelic...hero."

Wow, who's that good looking fella in the post above?

Ok, it's now 2013 and I'm still waiting for that third album. What's the hold up gentlemen?

Man this was a good one. Ripping acid lines, psychedelic samples, and just huff and puff blow down your door psytrance. Sure they went off the f*cking reservation with the ridiculous Deep Purple Haze and Computer Crash but the rest of the tracks make those sh*tstorms forgettable.

Delicious acidic full-on.

Mdk

• 2 years later...

Zrifind.jpg

Artist: ESP

Title: Electric Space Phenomenon

Label: Space Tribe Music

Date: June, 2006

1. Rabbit Hole

2. Insane Monkey

3. Total Disintegration

4. Midsummer Night's Dream

5. Harmony From Chaos

6. Deep Purple Haze

7. The Acid Test 2006

8. Inner Revolution

9. Computer Crash

Ds9FsOD.gif

"The question is...how far down the rabbit hole do you want to go?"

Until you have to butter my hips to get me through the doorway.

An Electric Universe and Space Tribe collaboration is as awesome as you would expect it to be. Acid, acid, acid. And then they top it off with a some trippy samples and you can have your very own hallucinations without all the paranoia and vomiting. This is proper night time music that combines power and melody in a great album. It's not without it's flaws however. All one has to do is look at Deep Purple Haze and wonder what unholy sacrifice they will now have to perform so they can undo the damage they did to psytrance. Also the final track Computer Crash is a bit of a cocktease. Don't start a job you have no intention of finishing. That's a life lesson for you free of charge.

Overall though if you love the acid and the sound of these two projects you won't be disappointed.