Artist: Psywalker

Title: Inverted Vertigo

Label: Digital Psionics

Release: February, 2008

1. Psywalker - The Dark Side (7:31)

2. Psywalker - Kong (7:16)

3. Psywalker - Inverted Vertigo (8:01)

4. Psywalker - Dreamweaver Rmx (8:58)

5. Psywalker vs. Dark Nebula - Some Kind Of Spaceship (9:10)

6. Psywalker vs. Space Tribe - Twitch (Psywalker Re-Visited) (7:19)

7. Psywalker - Chemical Tranceformation (8:04)

8. Psywalker - Mind Expansion (7:30)

9. Psywalker vs. Space Tribe - The Prophecy (7:47)

Digital Psionics is an Australian label formed in 1998 by Luna Orbit and Luke Psywalker. This has been one of the most productive labels in our scene, releasing numerous artist albums and compilations. They specialize in high energy psy, with lots of acid. This isn't a label that delivers the happy Ibiza crap that unfortunately is trying to take over. Luke has collaborated with Aussie Space Tribe frequently as well as Dark Nebula. This release should be packed full of powerful rhythms and drenched in delicious acid. At least that is my hope. Let's get to it!

The Dark Side- "The Dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." In no time a twisted lead twirls above a bass line. Metallic synths clash up to a break as eerie stings make themselves known. As promised, acid splatters my ears, as I try to know the dark side of the force. Acid leads dance the dance of evil and keeps my head ringing. Very good start!

Kong- Acid stabs detuned strike from the corners of the darkness as a bass line rumbles underneath. Slowly, a slimy lead twists from its dark prison right into a woman's scream. Green acid swirls around my lungs threatening to asphyxiate me. Lofty synths mock me from above as another acid leads clouds the sky turning everything a nuclear green. Awesome! :posford:

Inverted Vertigo- Chopped up synths float tantalizingly close, as others drag their fetid stench across my ears. Cascading tones rain down as another synth gears up for its assault. Even though parts of this track sounded great,I didn't care for this as much as it didn't seem to have any direction. Which I think is sad for a title track.

Dreamweaver (Rmx)- Melancholy pads set the tone as a bass line jumps forward. An acid line flies with abandon, as a soft angelic choir pierces the senses. Another break brings back the pads and choir voice. I think that is a LOTR sample, with some nice orchestral backing. The leads come back driving the track further down the rabbit hole. The only thing I didn't like about this track (and I am nitpicking) was one part where he broke the flow into a buildup. Other than that, pretty good track! :clapping:

Some Kind of Spaceship- "I hate these fucking robots!" Mr. Nebula jumps aboard to lend a hand on this track. Insert hammering bass line, add moody pad, pepper with slight orchestral sounds, and dash with sample and you have this track. The lead takes control and guides me on a trip. As everything combines to an ear shattering crescendo, it all just stops. Briefly, and then right back into the fray! Great track!

Twitch Revisited- This is apparently a remix of the collaboration Luke did with Space Tribe on the Psionic Tales compilation. If I recall, that track kicked ass! A climbing lead becomes disemboweled as another descends upon it. Perhaps sensing weakness. The slight synth flutter jogs my memory of the original, and after a somewhat frustrating break, the original melody comes out to play. The end sees more acid pummeling me as I reel in recovery. Great track!

Chemical Trance- "Whatever the actual intensity of the experience...call it religious." A metallic synth grates over a bass line as short bursts of acid sprinkle the scene. The acid melody rips the track apart and is moving full throttle. The break gives the above sample and the next lead almost sounds...joyful?!? What the hell is that doing in there? Aside from that seemingly misplaced melody, pretty good track!

Mind Expansion- "LSD is one of the strangest and most controversial substances. A dose smaller than a grain of salt precipitates a hazardous mental journey into a universe of hallucination, intense emotion and some believe...mystic revelation." Man that makes me wish I had tried acid. More acid bombardment (God help me, I never tire of it) in full on mode. The melody at 3:20 is sweet, and puts this track on another level. The next sample is of "the man" sounding befuddled as to the effects of acid. The track then spirals into an acid deluge where you don't know note from note. I likey! :posford:

The Prophecy- "I say again what is needed on your planet is a massive shift in consciousness. A change in your awareness. A renewed respect for all life. And a deeper understanding of the inter relatedness of everything." Mr. Tribe comes back on board and it isn't long before these two titans of acidity give me all I can handle. The groove is ripe and my head is bobbing to the beat. Just as one acid melody fades there is a new one to take its place. The final one is truly epic! Great track.

Conclusion: Well, if you were looking for an album with a nice relaxing downtempo number at the end, this ain't it. If you were searching for a run of the mill, clubby, house inspired piece of crap, this ain't it either. This is in your face, powerful, acid heavy psytrance. Any fan of Electric Universe, Space Tribe, or Shift should love this. This was the album Brethren should've made their second time around. While some may say it sounds samey, I shall never tire of the acid melodies. Digital Psionics once again proves that it knows how to bring it when it comes to psytrance. Kudos you Australian wonders and as long as you keep releasing stuff like this, I will keep buying it. 9/10

Mdk

• 3 weeks later...

:angry:

Posted Image

Artist: Psywalker

Title: Inverted Vertigo

Label: Digital Psionics

Release: February, 2008

1. Psywalker - The Dark Side (7:31)

2. Psywalker - Kong (7:16)

3. Psywalker - Inverted Vertigo (8:01)

4. Psywalker - Dreamweaver Rmx (8:58)

5. Psywalker vs. Dark Nebula - Some Kind Of Spaceship (9:10)

6. Psywalker vs. Space Tribe - Twitch (Psywalker Re-Visited) (7:19)

7. Psywalker - Chemical Tranceformation (8:04)

8. Psywalker - Mind Expansion (7:30)

9. Psywalker vs. Space Tribe - The Prophecy (7:47)

Digital Psionics is an Australian label formed in 1998 by Luna Orbit and Luke Psywalker. This has been one of the most productive labels in our scene, releasing numerous artist albums and compilations. They specialize in high energy psy, with lots of acid. This isn't a label that delivers the happy Ibiza crap that unfortunately is trying to take over. Luke has collaborated with Aussie Space Tribe frequently as well as Dark Nebula. This release should be packed full of powerful rhythms and drenched in delicious acid. At least that is my hope. Let's get to it!

The Dark Side- "The Dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities some consider to be unnatural." In no time a twisted lead twirls above a bass line. Metallic synths clash up to a break as eerie stings make themselves known. As promised, acid splatters my ears, as I try to know the dark side of the force. Acid leads dance the dance of evil and keeps my head ringing. Very good start!

Kong- Acid stabs detuned strike from the corners of the darkness as a bass line rumbles underneath. Slowly, a slimy lead twists from its dark prison right into a woman's scream. Green acid swirls around my lungs threatening to asphyxiate me. Lofty synths mock me from above as another acid leads clouds the sky turning everything a nuclear green. Awesome! :posford:

Inverted Vertigo- Chopped up synths float tantalizingly close, as others drag their fetid stench across my ears. Cascading tones rain down as another synth gears up for its assault. Even though parts of this track sounded great,I didn't care for this as much as it didn't seem to have any direction. Which I think is sad for a title track.

Dreamweaver (Rmx)- Melancholy pads set the tone as a bass line jumps forward. An acid line flies with abandon, as a soft angelic choir pierces the senses. Another break brings back the pads and choir voice. I think that is a LOTR sample, with some nice orchestral backing. The leads come back driving the track further down the rabbit hole. The only thing I didn't like about this track (and I am nitpicking) was one part where he broke the flow into a buildup. Other than that, pretty good track! :clapping:

Some Kind of Spaceship- "I hate these fucking robots!" Mr. Nebula jumps aboard to lend a hand on this track. Insert hammering bass line, add moody pad, pepper with slight orchestral sounds, and dash with sample and you have this track. The lead takes control and guides me on a trip. As everything combines to an ear shattering crescendo, it all just stops. Briefly, and then right back into the fray! Great track!

Twitch Revisited- This is apparently a remix of the collaboration Luke did with Space Tribe on the Psionic Tales compilation. If I recall, that track kicked ass! A climbing lead becomes disemboweled as another descends upon it. Perhaps sensing weakness. The slight synth flutter jogs my memory of the original, and after a somewhat frustrating break, the original melody comes out to play. The end sees more acid pummeling me as I reel in recovery. Great track!

Chemical Trance- "Whatever the actual intensity of the experience...call it religious." A metallic synth grates over a bass line as short bursts of acid sprinkle the scene. The acid melody rips the track apart and is moving full throttle. The break gives the above sample and the next lead almost sounds...joyful?!? What the hell is that doing in there? Aside from that seemingly misplaced melody, pretty good track!

Mind Expansion- "LSD is one of the strangest and most controversial substances. A dose smaller than a grain of salt precipitates a hazardous mental journey into a universe of hallucination, intense emotion and some believe...mystic revelation." Man that makes me wish I had tried acid. More acid bombardment (God help me, I never tire of it) in full on mode. The melody at 3:20 is sweet, and puts this track on another level. The next sample is of "the man" sounding befuddled as to the effects of acid. The track then spirals into an acid deluge where you don't know note from note. I likey! :posford:

The Prophecy- "I say again what is needed on your planet is a massive shift in consciousness. A change in your awareness. A renewed respect for all life. And a deeper understanding of the inter relatedness of everything." Mr. Tribe comes back on board and it isn't long before these two titans of acidity give me all I can handle. The groove is ripe and my head is bobbing to the beat. Just as one acid melody fades there is a new one to take its place. The final one is truly epic! Great track.

Conclusion: Well, if you were looking for an album with a nice relaxing downtempo number at the end, this ain't it. If you were searching for a run of the mill, clubby, house inspired piece of crap, this ain't it either. This is in your face, powerful, acid heavy psytrance. Any fan of Electric Universe, Space Tribe, or Shift should love this. This was the album Brethren should've made their second time around. While some may say it sounds samey, I shall never tire of the acid melodies. Digital Psionics once again proves that it knows how to bring it when it comes to psytrance. Kudos you Australian wonders and as long as you keep releasing stuff like this, I will keep buying it. 9/10

Mdk

• 12 years later...

Looking back on what I wrote over a decade ago could've been more accurately summed up this way:

3RtQ42h.gif

Hell yeah let's go back and listen to that full-on acid sound!

qiiuQOP.gif

Still good man!  It's a party!  But, can I get another hit?  I, I think the drugs are wearing off.  You said the blue ones right?

m98vBTG.gif

Why is the DJ repeating every song?

ZHfu668.gif

Can we go home now?  I've got a Google meet in a few hours!

My conclusion is the same riiiiight up to the part were I questioned whether it sounded "samey" or not.  It does and it is.  Good, intense psy with nice acidic melodies, but a bit of a rough road if you take it all in one go.