NEMO.BOFH

Site questions / Requests

darkill    1

Hey darkill, every reviewer does things differently, but I would recommend giving credit where credit is due by tagging and labeling inside the post.

Examples of information to give:

Album Artist

Album Title

Album Label

Artwork Artist

Mastering

Genre(s)

Date

File Size

----

Also, admins, how do users get that "Family of Light" added to their account? :P

Ok, since I already give label name, album and artist title in topic's name, I will add all these as tags as well.

What do you means by mastering ? You means the guy who has done the mastering ?

Ok, since I already give label name, album and artist title in topic's name, I will add all these as tags as well.

What do you means by mastering ? You means the guy who has done the mastering ?

Right, there is usually a specific person chosen for mastering since most producers do not do it themselves.

Procyon    12

I have an opinion and a suggestion. I think that the Off-Topic forum is great, you see there's a lot of people who post most times there than in other places in Psynews. But the 'Movies', 'Books', 'Arts' and 'Religion' sub-forums are not so visited and thus not so appreciated as they cold. I think it's because they're separated from the rest of the other topics, it's just some centimeters in a computer, but it's a barrier. Looks like a separate room in a library. My suggestion is to merge the sub-forum, but keeping them always in the top. Another suggestion is to create a 'Politics and economy' sub-forum. My 2 cents.

Rotwang    323

I have an opinion and a suggestion. I think that the Off-Topic forum is great, you see there's a lot of people who post most times there than in other places in Psynews. But the 'Movies', 'Books', 'Arts' and 'Religion' sub-forums are not so visited and thus not so appreciated as they cold. I think it's because they're separated from the rest of the other topics, it's just some centimeters in a computer, but it's a barrier. Looks like a separate room in a library. My suggestion is to merge the sub-forum, but keeping them always in the top. Another suggestion is to create a 'Politics and economy' sub-forum. My 2 cents.

Regarding the merging, I tend to agree. Those fora came about after the old off-topic closed, but mars wanted people to still be able to discuss some non-psytrance topics without the chaos of the old OT. Now that the new OT exists I don't see why those other subfora are still necessary. It's not up to me, but I'll run your suggestion past the rest of the mod team.

Richpa    900

I agree with you guys. To be honest, I'm only checking Sci-Fi movies and TV Shows topics, it wouldn't hurt anyone to have all the good stuff frome thoose sub-forums easily visible in Offtopic frontpage.

Imba    313

Am i blind or there is no search in this Deviant theme? Can't find it :huh:

Rotwang    323

Am i blind or there is no search in this Deviant theme? Can't find it :huh:

It's there for me, right at the top of the page:

tTwmEb9.png

Are you not seeing the same thing?

Richpa    900

It's there for me, right at the top of the page:

tTwmEb9.png

Are you not seeing the same thing?

I can't see it too, i'm using Firefox and same theme as Imba

Rotwang    323

Oh dear. Do you have Javascript enabled?

Imba    313

Me Google Chrome

I just checked, i have search but only when i am logged off :unsure:

Richpa    900

Oh dear. Do you have Javascript enabled?

Si senor.

Rotwang    323

Then I have no idea what the problem could be. I'll try to investigate.

Insejn    63

That's strange. I have Chrome and search appears on all skins.

darkill    1

Hey guys, sorry for my inactivity, not much time lately.

What about implementing a Shoutbox aera on this forum ? So people chat and quickly exchange some information. It could also help the forum being still activ.

Greeting @ all

Imba    313

I have also question on "Like This" button. Why does it exist if it's not allowed to like some posts? :)

I clicked just to see how it is and it says: "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day". And it says every time :)

• Like 1

Insejn    63

I have also question on "Like This" button. Why does it exist if it's not allowed to like some posts? :)

I clicked just to see how it is and it says: "You have reached your quota of positive votes for the day". And it says every time :)

Try now.

• Like 4

Rotwang    323

It works, but I can not see a counter of the votes.

Votes add to a member's reputation (visible in his or her profile). Doesn't look like scores for individual posts are visible.