Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I occasionally broke the review thread of Akshan - The Rise of Atlantis (2013). Posted something here and now the thread doesn't load. Have no idea how I did this  :blush:

Now I can't open the "Bluetech- lead into gold" thread in General Psytrance. It seems that when someone answers in a thread that has something other than letters and other basic symbols in the title the thread becomes not accessible (the page keeps loading forewer)

EDIT: The thread works again now  :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi guys, I feel sad that people refer to such a broad spectrum of electronic music under the "psytrance" umbrella term, ranging from old-school goa trance, all the way to full-on... I mean, when you search for goa trance music, e.g. on Youtube, psy-music.ru or on Spotify, you never know what to expect...It would be like mixing pop rock with hard-rock under one big genre. I like old-school goa trance music and neo-goa, but that's about it...I waste so much time browsing and discarding music online because labelled vaguely or wrongly... On Spotify, there are even playlists labeled as "goa trance", which are actually poor, minimalist, repetitive tunes of no interest to be. Certainly not goa trance music. Regarding the forum, maybe it would be a good idea to divide the top-level section into subgenres? Just thinking at loud...This was the rant of the day :)

Hi guys, I feel sad that people refer to such a broad spectrum of electronic music under the "psytrance" umbrella term, ranging from old-school goa trance, all the way to full-on... I mean, when you search for goa trance music, e.g. on Youtube, psy-music.ru or on Spotify, you never know what to expect...It would be like mixing pop rock with hard-rock under one big genre. I like old-school goa trance music and neo-goa, but that's about it...I waste so much time browsing and discarding music online because labelled vaguely or wrongly... On Spotify, there are even playlists labeled as "goa trance", which are actually poor, minimalist, repetitive tunes of no interest to be. Certainly not goa trance music. Regarding the forum, maybe it would be a good idea to divide the top-level section into subgenres? Just thinking at loud...This was the rant of the day :)

Although spot on about the term Goa that everyone uses regardless of the actual music produced I think the idea of dividing the forum accordingly would be a huge mistake. Think of us old schoolers, we wouldn't have anyone reading our rants about how bad NeoGoa is etc etc :P:P:P

• Like 1

I think it would make sence just to rename Psynews as Goa Olds. Most regular posters here seem to be not interested in anything but mid-90's goa anyway  :P

• 1 year later...
On 8/14/2017 at 7:34 AM, Goa Travellers said:

I feel like some labels are to blame for this. For a few months I thought progressive goa was Goa. Until I found Ra and Artha :)

I don't know if we should give them slack for simply referring to the birthplace 'Goa' when they label comps. Or if they use the word 'Goa' to refer to the genre. I still think it could be either. 

regardless Yellow Sunshine Explosion seems to love the word. Possibly encouraging other people to use the word when they use their music.   

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/18/2018 at 12:14 AM, Aspartic said:

One week without one single answer. This section of the forum is officially DEAD. :(

While we aren't getting answers to questions, can any tell me how to change a profile name? Seems impossible, maybe an admin can do it for me? tsotsi simply needs a capital 'T' in his name. Easy, pick a t, I don't mind.

• 1 year later...

The links to this interview are dead:

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/66164-artist-mindsphere/

Which exemplifies why putting links to an interview is a bad idea. Instead of pasting the whole interview text to the forum.

On 3/5/2020 at 4:18 PM, Diaks said:

The links to this interview are dead:

https://www.psynews.org/forums/topic/66164-artist-mindsphere/

Which exemplifies why putting links to an interview is a bad idea. Instead of pasting the whole interview text to the forum.

Thank you!

I deleted that thread ... it contained no content apart from these links anyway so just make a new one if you stil have the text. (and yes, please, links are a bad idea)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having major issues trying to upload/link a forum signature picture. I get the following error message, which makes no sense. Since that size restriction makes it impossible to upload any normally sized forum signature. Is there some kind of size limitation implemented globally on the site, due to spam/forum violations before? I've tried pasting url links to various image sharing hosts where I've uploaded the avatar, and also tried to uploading the image directly to the forum to no avail. 

Error message reads as follows:

"Signature Restrictions

Please ensure your signature complies with the following restrictions:

Maximum of 1 image

Images up to 800 x 100 pixels

Maximum of 1 URL

Maximum of 10 lines

Your chosen signature does not meet the guidelines."