Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

I've been wondering why doesn't the psynews.org link ever change? It's impossible to link to threads from here, having unique links would be good. It's really weird too, never seen it before, except in those flash sites.

errr??

right-click properties, ever heard of it?

here's a short tutorial for you:

1. right click link

2. click properties

3. copy the "http://.....www.blabla.org...."

4. go berzerk and pull out all your hair while screaming " NO! NOOOOOOO!!!" & wondering why you didn't think of this before....

5. realise you just posted the "most enteraining post of the week", you won a cookie.

6. eat your cookie

Jesus christ, what the hell did I do to you? I'm just saying that this is the first board I've ever seen where you have to manually fetch the link. Every single other board I've used has unique links ABOVE, you know, the rectangle box on the top, where you type in an url. It's just so much easier to copy a link from there.

• 3 weeks later...

This is just an idea..

Could we have a special sobforum in the reviews section for ambient/downtempo releases only? I've noticed there's quite a few ambient lovers on psynews so maybe we could have our very own corner of ambient music reviews? Just a thought..

good idea, we will discuss :)

This is just an idea..

Could we have a special sobforum in the reviews section for ambient/downtempo releases only? I've noticed there's quite a few ambient lovers on psynews so maybe we could have our very own corner of ambient music reviews? Just a thought..

Definitely a good idea. I think we should include electronica/IDM as well. Alternative electronic.

Hey, I just joined this site like, oh, lastnight and I kinda suck with uploads and stuff. I'm tryin to upload a tune onto a topic. Can somebody please fill me in?

Thanks

Sure, man. What you need is a free host site, which there are plenty of. YouSendIt, MegaUpload, Sendspace, etc. Upload the track to that site, copy the link to the upload that the site provides, then post it here as a link using the "Insert Link" button to the right of the smilies. Easy.

It looks like this for me.

It's funny how spyware is labeled as critical risk level, yet a troyan is only a medium security risk.

Anywho, I haven't been getting that spyware popup, however I did get some warning popup in opera asking me if i want to continue loading the page by accepting some "license agreement" of a cookie. Dunno what that is about.. but there's defo something going on.

Edit: btw psytime, what is that os that you're running?

It's funny how spyware is labeled as critical risk level, yet a troyan is only a medium security risk.

Anywho, I haven't been getting that spyware popup, however I did get some warning popup in opera asking me if i want to continue loading the page by accepting some "license agreement" of a cookie. Dunno what that is about.. but there's defo something going on.

Ubuntu :).

I too was getting the automatic redirection to that fake antivirus malware site. However, that has just stopped and now I'm getting the bar at the top of the page asking me to download files to my computer, which I ain't doing!

I've added this site to my blocked list (temporarily!) cos some of my stupid friends just allow everything regardless of what it is, despite my best efforts to educate them that there are bad people in the world...

Well spyware might get your cc info, wheras trojans just crash your computer.

GET RID OF THE FCKIN REDIRECTS AND VIRII/TROJANS.

Then send a mass email to all users and let them know you fixed it.

Your box is jinxed and its a complete mystery that no admin has looked into this already. Or maybe they have I dunno. Just fix it. Today fsecure caught one trojan and one virus.

hey hey hey, we have looked into it, and will look further. look in the thread about adwear in the meantime. Mars is looking into the server side at the moment as well.