Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Apparently the new forum software doesn't have separate profile photo/avatar images - the "photo" also serves as your avatar. For your avatar I see an image made using the South Park web app thingy - is that not what you're seeing?

I just tried changing my photo to a Mucha image, let's see if it works:

e: Yep.

This new avatar system is fucking crap though - I don't see why they removed the option of having separate avatars/profile photos, I don't see why we can't have animated avatars any more, I don't see why avatars all have to be cropped to a square and badly scaled so they're all the same size, it's just a load of completely stupid changes for no apparent reason. I'm sure the people behind the board software must have had complaints about this, so hopefully they'll do something about it.

Edited by Rotwang
Because you touch yourself at night

Apparently the new forum software doesn't have separate profile photo/avatar images - the "photo" also serves as your avatar. For your avatar I see an image made using the South Park web app thingy - is that not what you're seeing?

I just tried changing my photo to a Mucha image, let's see if it works:

e: Yep.

This new avatar system is fucking crap though - I don't see why they removed the option of having separate avatars/profile photos, I don't see why we can't have animated avatars any more, I don't see why avatars all have to be cropped to a square and badly scaled so they're all the same size, it's just a load of completely stupid changes for no apparent reason. I'm sure the people behind the board software must have had complaints about this, so hopefully they'll do something about it.

That is a bug then.

I see my old profile photo as my avatar.

In my profile view, I see the South Park avatar I changed it to.

I will check to see what happens when I change my profile photo again.

• 1 month later...

How do you make a picture link to a page?

Before the update we did it like this:

[url=http://psynews.org/][img]http://www.doublefine.com/images/psychopedia_uploads/sasha.jpg[/img][/url]

Let's see if it still works:

Posted Image

edit: Yes, but clicking on it also opens a frame with the image for no damn reason.

Edited by Rotwang
I HATE THE NEW SOFTWARE SO MUCH

Let's try with the new-style editor:

Posted Image

edit: I did that by using the "Image" button to post the image, then highlighting the image (by dragging the LMB over it - that made white squares appear around the edge of it) and then pressing the "Link" button to add a link to it. This made a blue stipple appear over the image, which I guess was the forum's way of telling me it had worked.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, I am having this problem: I access internet from 4 different machines, all my passwords are uptodated in all of them - but my Psynews one. I accessed the panel control when I tried to set up a new (and one I CAN remember, so I can update the rest of my computers). Very easy, except for one detail: my current password is a very complex one. It was generated some months ago by Psynews itself after I had forgot my original password.

What I am asking one of the moderators is if one of you can PM me with my current password, so I can reset it.

Thanks in advance.

If they can reset it, then I agree with it. They just have to PM me later with it, so I can change to a new PW. I really can't find the current PW, but I remember it's a long line of numbers and letters.

Thanks for your help.

Done.

• 4 weeks later...

it keeps happening..

I believe that the new-style editor is to blame for this: if one copies and pastes text into the editor from elsewhere, some of the formatting of the text is copied rather than just the plain text itself, and this sometimes seems to include colour tags. I've already mentioned it to the admins, I don't think they replied though.

• 2 weeks later...

hey fellaz, how do i change my avatar here? i only see the option how to change "your photo", but how do i change my avatar that appears besides my posts here?? sorry, i just don't find that option! :)

thanks for help!