Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Please make a thread saying that people shouldn't reply to bots. Bots gather statistics from all the websites they manage to get on to and post, and if they detect that somewhere their threads actually get replies, their activity will increase. I've seen it happen on a forum I used to moderate.

Are you in? :)

Of course I'd be in. :)

• 3 months later...

Thread derailed completely. Keep this genre/religion/drug crap out of this thread and make a new one for it in an appropriate section if you so wish. The thread is about what is wrong with goatrance musical-wise today. Thanks.

This especially applies to you, max. Also do use the multiquote button, everyone else can, why can't you? .

Off topic: Err... :mellow: multiquote button does not work with me. Also, everytime I log in, an "Error Occurred" message appears. But then I clickon "forums", and I am redirected to, voila' :rolleyes: , here.

Off topic: Err... :mellow: multiquote button does not work with me.

What happens when you try using it?

Also, everytime I log in, an "Error Occurred" message appears. But then I clickon "forums", and I am redirected to, voila' :rolleyes: , here.

Strange. What browser are you using? I'll try to draw this to RTP's attention.

Hi,

Off topic: Err... :mellow: multiquote button does not work with me. Also, everytime I log in, an "Error Occurred" message appears. But then I clickon "forums", and I am redirected to, voila' :rolleyes: , here.

What Rotwang said ... what happens when you try using the multiquote button?

About the error message after login ... do you have any more info or does the message just say "an error ocurred" and nothing more?

Here is a message from Invision about the browsers the board supports: We support modern, standards-compliant web browsers, such as IE 7+, Firefox 2+, Safari 3+ and Opera 9.5+. Internet Explorer 6 generally works with our products, but is not officially supported.

Are you using any of these?

Oh! When I click on MQ button, nothing happens. It started to happen some two months ago. The Reply one works fine.

Here's the message I get when I log in: [#10193] We encountered a problem processing your login request. Please try again.

I use two Macs, both Safari 5.0.5.

In the mean time you could do what I do and quote the first thing you want to, reply to it, but not post and instead copy paste it on a notepad then reply to another quote but again do not post it. When you're done with the quotes make a post by copying everything from the notepad. I don't use notepad though, I just reply to a post, copy that, reply to another and paste the old one, and copy all of that again and then post all of it the same time when I'm done.

My advice is to open all posts that you want to quote in multiple tabs and just C/P lines of texts into your first tab, something like this

[quote name='Procyon' timestamp='1305995093' post='977900']
Text you want to quote
[/quote]

Text you want to quote

[quote name='Procyon' timestamp='1305995093' post='977900']
Text you want to quote
[/quote]

And so on. Anways its the best solution if your MQ doesn't work :)

Oh! When I click on MQ button, nothing happens. It started to happen some two months ago. The Reply one works fine.

Here's the message I get when I log in: [#10193] We encountered a problem processing your login request. Please try again.

I use two Macs, both Safari 5.0.5.

In the mean time you could do what I do and quote the first thing you want to, reply to it, but not post and instead copy paste it on a notepad then reply to another quote but again do not post it. When you're done with the quotes make a post by copying everything from the notepad. I don't use notepad though, I just reply to a post, copy that, reply to another and paste the old one, and copy all of that again and then post all of it the same time when I'm done.

My advice is to open all posts that you want to quote in multiple tabs and just C/P lines of texts into your first tab, something like this

And so on. Anways its the best solution if your MQ doesn't work :)

Multi-quoted with Safari 5.05 on OS 10.5.8 to see if I have problems also. I normally use Firefox and haven't had problems. I don't get any errors with Safari, but I do see that the code Richpa put in the code tags doesn't show up (I only see the tags), in both browsers in both multi-quote and single-quote. I guess that's normal.

• 2 weeks later...

would like to have my username changed to LvB please. already PMed Ormion but no reply yet.

ok yes, i'm an impatient pussy! :)

I don't see a way to change a user's name, I guess one needs admin controls to do so. I'll try to draw an admin's attention to your post.

thanks! :)

What was wrong with goa-getter?

Does LvB have some meaning?

Just curious.

hehe, i was annoyed by the name goa-getter after 4 years. it's so constricting. LvB is short for Lee van Beat (somehow inspired by Lee van Cleef). a friend of mine said it's a cheesy sounding name. i said yes, it's cheesy, but that's rather good than bad :)

• 2 months later...

i have a site request...

can we make it so souncloud players work in the forums?

here is the guide to do it. it looks easy enough:

soundcloud forum guide

or do we already have this capability and im just too stupid to do it? so far especially in the free music promotion forum...i see a lot of links to soundcloud. it would be easier if the player was just there...no?

thnx.

i have a site request...

can we make it so souncloud players work in the forums?

here is the guide to do it. it looks easy enough:

soundcloud forum guide

or do we already have this capability and im just too stupid to do it? so far especially in the free music promotion forum...i see a lot of links to soundcloud. it would be easier if the player was just there...no?

thnx.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/60926-psynews-news/page__view__findpost__p__977765

It's been here for a while.

• 2 months later...