Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Hi, I dunno but I would think it was great if there was a section "Downtempo psychedelic" or something like that, discussing chillout in "general psytrance", but ofc, I don't mind doing it..just a thought.

I have a request. Two actually and the first is quite a sinch a la easy as cake.

First, over the years I have often forgotten that there is a review thread for classic album DOOF - LET'S TURN ON. This is because who ever opened the thread in 1996 failed to write "Doof." It inaccurately says: V/A - Lets Turn On, thus not producing an immediate result in the search engine when typing in "Doof." It would be more accessible this as "Doof - Let's Turn On" as the full artist/album title receptively.

From the actual V/A - Let's Turn On thread.

Why V/A and not a Doof album? i though everyone considered it Doof's first album, although there are other artists as well

Why is the thread title Various artists?

Can someone please fix this error? Delete V/A and add "Doof." ?

See here..

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=35142

Second, I've mentioned this before. A handful of forum posters agree, some appear indifferent and a few don't see the point. But a handful do. Is it possible to get a sub forum in either the psynews.ORG or the General Psytrance section called "Favorites" where all the general favorite threads can be placed?? A handful appear every year, sometimes doubles, often times remakes without he or she knowing that 10 of "Your top 10 Psytrance albums ever" reviews have been done before. Can we just have a "favorites" sub-forum? Can someone just do a search for "Best of" and "Favorite(s)" threads and place them there? I'm not sure how the site's coded so I don't know if this takes that much work or not, to create a subform and move these there. It would just be nice since "Favorites" are so ridiculously popular. Everyone can relate to favorites. Furthermore, the "Best of 2008" threads can be here as well I suppose, or not. That's up to the site masters. Is this doable?

Off-topic deleted??? That's like ZOMGGG!!! :o

So where are psynewsers taking refuge these days?

PM pls. :unsure:

miss ya'll

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger."

:huh:

e: It says your group is "Validating". How queer.

"This message can not be sent because the recipient has their personal messenger disabled or they are in a member group not allowed to use the personal messenger."

:huh:

e: It says your group is "Validating". How queer.

Yeahp, saw that now as well, I changed it to Members again, but I can not grasp how he could have posted if it was Validating!? :huh: Anyways, Rotwang, I sent you a PM just now. :)

Hi, I dunno but I would think it was great if there was a section "Downtempo psychedelic" or something like that, discussing chillout in "general psytrance", but ofc, I don't mind doing it..just a thought.

+1

I'd be interested in a Downtempo sub-forum, but I guess that "Other Electronica" is now an appropriate place to start threads about this genre.

+1

I'd be interested in a Downtempo sub-forum, but I guess that "Other Electronica" is now an appropriate place to start threads about this genre.

Actually, if by downtempo you mean psy-chill like Shpongle, Ultimae records etc., then plenty of topics about that get opened in the General section.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Actually, if by downtempo you mean psy-chill like Shpongle, Ultimae records etc., then plenty of topics about that get opened in the General section.

Nice avatar, by the way.

Yeah that's exactly what I mean. So it's OK to post about that type of stuff in General - that's good I'll post in there then, when I feel the urge, and not in Other Electronica.

Can't remember where the avatar came from unfortunately (somewhere on the 'net). It's a shame 'cos I'd really like to give whoever did it the credit they deserve.

Does anyone know if email notification for thread replies is broken? I have enabled instant notification and this thread says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies" but I never get any for this thread or the others I've posted on.

Does anyone know if email notification for thread replies is broken? I have enabled instant notification and this thread says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies" but I never get any for this thread or the others I've posted on.

I've never tried turning on email notification for thread replies, but I think that the email notification for PM's is broken at the moment. So it wouldn't surprise me if they are all broken. I've already spoken to Nemo about the PM problem, so hopefully it will get fixed soon.

peeps, read the thread. stop complaining. it aint coming back, thats it.

hello old fellow beer-man ....

ONE SINGLE QUESTION: Is there the slightest possibility that a different site than psynews.org can optain a copy of the OFFTOPIC and host it on its own?

i desperatly need an answer on this question! i'd like to host it ... and i'm sure others as well.

hello old fellow beer-man ....

ONE SINGLE QUESTION: Is there the slightest possibility that a different site than psynews.org can optain a copy of the OFFTOPIC and host it on its own?

i desperatly need an answer on this question! i'd like to host it ... and i'm sure others as well.

No. Thats the simple answer, but there are offtopic forums out there, with a similar people-set that were active on Psynews :D Send me a PM if you are interested.

oook. so basically only the hope is left that you (psynews.org) is taking care and preserves a copy of our offtopic outputs.

for now that's really easy peacy for me ....

i'm open for input .... preferred in german or english language (?literally?)

http://www.plutocracycaust.com .. there is a contact form.

and don't forget: be aware of the unconscious consciousness :ph34r: :posford: [respect the young and enjoy the old]

AND FOR ALL THE REST, here's a good read: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Censorship