Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

I did a quick hoover around off topic section to look for those bullshit topics, but I couldnt find it. It has all got deleted? What kind of bullshit are we talking about here? Flame wars? pure ad spam? Pure nonsense topics? hard Insults?

Seriously, I just wonder about it cause I was gone and couldnt see exactly what was. In the past, when ever something like that happened there would have a huge trail of closed threads to investigate on :P

locked, deleted or set invisible.

So there were threads that were really malicious that were hidden? If so, is that poster a suspect regarding the trojan?

I'm still getting the trojan attempts at work, by the way, using IE.

Yeahp, as Mars said, it has been hacked again after we cleaned the forum from the previous hack. I also mentioned that it was hacked just a little after we banned Sunwolf for the 2nd time. :D IPB are working on a fix, this is nothing we as admins can do. The only solution at this state would be to take the board offline completely, which we of course do not want to do. But as long as their is no fix for the hack, we can clean as much as we want, it will come back and back and back. :(

No.

whoops, wrong reasoning :D

I think I know it now though :)

I also mentioned that it was hacked just a little after we banned Sunwolf for the 2nd time.

*cough*

If anyone is wondering I had my laptop infected with viruses from visiting this forum.

I could switch to Firefox 3, but my school requires I stay with IE7.

Going to esketlabs is just as bad since it uses the same forum software! :(

If anyone is wondering I had my laptop infected with viruses from visiting this forum.

I could switch to Firefox 3, but my school requires I stay with IE7.

Going to esketlabs is just as bad since it uses the same forum software! :(

I did not receive any complaints by the other members there. Are you sure?

• 2 weeks later...

This has nothing to do with recent drama.

I find that a lot of people mistake the "Music promotion" area for "Artist and label news." Do you suppose some small change could be made? I don't think people are reading the actual descriptions when they drop by to promote stuff. They just come in and see "music" and head right for it. Maybe just calling it "Demos and promos" would work.

This has nothing to do with recent drama.

I find that a lot of people mistake the "Music promotion" area for "Artist and label news." Do you suppose some small change could be made? I don't think people are reading the actual descriptions when they drop by to promote stuff. They just come in and see "music" and head right for it. Maybe just calling it "Demos and promos" would work.

Are there really that many that make this mistake? I see one has been made this morning, but I do not see them that often, and we do move them when it happens (as we spot it). If it really is a problem, I think you are right, that we should rename the section to "Member Promos & Demos", Member is really important here, as "Demos and Promos" could be seen equally wrong by the same people that re doing the mistake now. Don't you think? :)

Mars, what do you think?

I actually like the idea. Member Promos & Demos sounds about right. At least it will keep members from posting their tracks in the music making section (this is often the case) & record labels posting in music promo.

I feel that mars will agree with us here, but I would still like to hear his input, and then I will make the change (ill msn him) :)

It seems that the closing of Off Topic worked great for the General topic.

I haven't seen General that active since the last year.

I feel that mars will agree with us here, but I would still like to hear his input, and then I will make the change (ill msn him)

I just realized that beneath the artist news and labels announcements instead of labels it's written lables! :blink: Am I the first one that noticed that?

So change that too! :)

NO! Not while I'm so close to 3k anyway :P

Edit: So what happened with the sepperate review areas idea? Droped?

it got rated for now. system update might do something about this though.

and NO more smileys! :D

Well, I actually had to read like the past 5 or so pages to get caught up with this whole mess. I remember the hacks but I didn't know exactly why Off Topic forum was closed off. I was almost afraid that it was closed off for good. But alas, there is still hope!

Anywho, I just registered on the 48 hour place and waiting for an ok there. I didn't that site even existed until now. O.o

As for reasons why Off Topic was closed, I can agree with them. I mean, it does seem to bring people out of the wood work, yes? Heh. Perhaps, people won't post as much bullshit when it gets opened up again. Then again, maybe not. For the sake of Off Topic forum's life, I hope people are chill with the bullshit.

It seems that the closing of Off Topic worked great for the General topic.

I haven't seen General that active since the last year.

yeah, funny, isn't it?