Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Wtf is that? :unsure::lol:

ITS A FORUM THAT WAS SET UP WHEN PIE WENT DOWN EONS AGO.. oops!! didnt mean to shout lol......

very few of us on there.. :) it can be a bit lonely at times...:( it`s purely off-topic

can we at least have one freestyle thread somewhere in the forum=?

That would be nice indeed :)

Other than that, I hope you find the culprit that caused this! :angry:

:rolleyes: that is a big no! you know where to spam ;) and please do not ask again where, just search this thread. :rolleyes:

Ah, nice, so I finally found the thread where people discuss this ... I already thought about starting a new one :D

What I find funny is, that just when I'm away for a few days or decrease activity, then something happens here.

This is getting suspicious :ph34r:

I mean, I still don't get what an attack has to do with closing the Offtopic (as far as I read up it has), but anyway...

i ve been holding back these days.

but i cant help but voice my opinion. so i think this move by mars SUCKS.

no, it doesnt simply suck. it is outright disrespectful to all of us who have been frequenting this site for ages.

disrespecting the same people who generate revenue nowadays for this site by reloading offtopic with its google ads every so often.

and no. i dont think 1 month off is okay so the hacking mofo will get bored. because 1st it seems this is actually part of a string of attacks in similar websites, so no proof it was someone from offtopic, 2nd do you really think if a member of the offtopic wanted to get revenge he/she wouldnt come back in the end of the month? or simply take down the whole site and not link a virus ad / whatever ? how exactly is this a revenge attack? not that it matters.

you are just discriminating against the offtopic. as ridiculous as this may sound, you are actually doing it.

there was a hack and an opportunity presented itself. shut down the offtopic and maybe a couple of the new members will leave.

why dont you just ban whoever you dont like?

and please dont come here saying i am oblivious to fact A or B, since there was basically no other explanation offered here. what are we supposed to make of this situation?

i am not provoking. not picking a fight. just voicing the opinion that i've formed about all this.

if there will be a reply to my post in the likes of an army lieutenant... it will just reaffirm what i have been speculating about in this post.

i ve been holding back these days.

but i cant help but voice my opinion. so i think this move by mars SUCKS.

no, it doesnt simply suck. it is outright disrespectful to all of us who have been frequenting this site for ages.

disrespecting the same people who generate revenue nowadays for this site by reloading offtopic with its google ads every so often.

and no. i dont think 1 month off is okay so the hacking mofo will get bored. because 1st it seems this is actually part of a string of attacks in similar websites, so no proof it was someone from offtopic, 2nd do you really think if a member of the offtopic wanted to get revenge he/she wouldnt come back in the end of the month? or simply take down the whole site and not link a virus ad / whatever ? how exactly is this a revenge attack? not that it matters.

you are just discriminating against the offtopic. as ridiculous as this may sound, you are actually doing it.

there was a hack and an opportunity presented itself. shut down the offtopic and maybe a couple of the new members will leave.

why dont you just ban whoever you dont like?

and please dont come here saying i am oblivious to fact A or B, since there was basically no other explanation offered here. what are we supposed to make of this situation?

i am not provoking. not picking a fight. just voicing the opinion that i've formed about all this.

if there will be a reply to my post in the likes of an army lieutenant... it will just reaffirm what i have been speculating about in this post.

Have you ever thought the other way around? That people are disrespecting MARS for acting like assholes, spamming HIS forum, and not following his rules? I am sorry, but the hack was NOT the main reason to close off-topic, it was merely the trigger. Have you ever thought about that maybe mars (and myself, and the mods) are getting tired of having to clean up after fights, reading bullshit reports from people and having to defend ourselves when we are taking action against someone that broke the rules?

I would say that if the bullshit continues, that mars WOULD decide to first close the offtopic again, and eventually the site completely (I dont know if he would do that, but I would think so)

I do not know how many times we have said this before: WOULD YOU piss in a corner of your friends house? Would you take a dump on his carpet? AND WOULD YOU kick his ass if he threw you out of his apartment afterwards? If you answer yes to any of those questions, obviously, you do not belong on this board. You do not like it? Dont like the rules? Well leave the forum and never look back. I would, if that was the case.

And furthermore, I think some of the "trolls" are just doing it to see how far they can go with their trolling. I believe that some of those people -with exceptions of course- behave super nice on other forums and just follow the rules, cause there you are out and out forever if you break the rules. We have given people SO MANY CHANCES, its unbelievable. Try the same on Isratrance, and you are persona non grata (I know of a couple) for ever! (Pavel, pun intended lol).

Dont see it as a punishment, see it as holidays for the mods, mars and myself :D (kind of, but still not really) :)

And furthermore, I think some of the "trolls" are just doing it to see how far they can go with their trolling. I believe that some of those people -with exceptions of course- behave super nice on other forums and just follow the rules, cause there you are out and out forever if you break the rules. We have given people SO MANY CHANCES, its unbelievable. Try the same on Isratrance, and you are persona non grata (I know of a couple) for ever! (Pavel, pun intended lol).

I have to agree with Nemo here. From all the forums I belong Psynews is the one that tolerate trolling behaviour the most. I have been banned from other forums just because I opened a slightly off topic thread. And AFAIK I don't have a troll attitude.

I understand both the members that will miss the off topic (including me, since it was a daily hobby) and Mars (since let's face it, the site belongs to him).

Peace!

nemo we have discussed this more than enough in the past.

you know i completely understand all your points and agree.

also it is obvious you, the mods and ultimately mars (more than anyone) have got tired of trolling.

but offtopic is not about trolling.

that's why i say point a finger with a last warning and kickban. don't close down the forum, as this is not a solution to anything. (and i like to believe we all know this)

if you guys want a holiday from offtopic then just say it and do it. clarify..

if the off topic is going to be scraped for good let us know.

its only the internet... :)

why get in a tizz about it?

its just that for a moment i said faq it and posted an opinion. i'm not angry or anything. in fact i am smiling the whole day even if its been a relatively rough one ;)

anyways,

you know some people have been part of psynews for like 7 years.

shouldn't there be a deadline after which something stops being "just the internet" and becomes something a little more serious?

in the end, the people here know each other IRL as well.

btw, janet.. you say you're not so upset about the offtopic, but the truth is you're a forum junky as well ;)

see you @ 48hrs.

nemo we have discussed this more than enough in the past.

you know i completely understand all your points and agree.

also it is obvious you, the mods and ultimately mars (more than anyone) have got tired of trolling.

but offtopic is not about trolling.

that's why i say point a finger with a last warning and kickban. don't close down the forum, as this is not a solution to anything. (and i like to believe we all know this)

if you guys want a holiday from offtopic then just say it and do it. clarify..

if the off topic is going to be scraped for good let us know.

We never said the hack was the reason, we have said a couple of times we are tired of the bullshit, and the bullshit kept coming... We SAID if the bullshit keeps coming, we close the off topic. Now, do not blame us for the bullshit, and certainly not for the closing of the off topic, right? :)

Yeah, see ya at 48hrs, sorry I deleted your account by mistake, too damn many .ru bots that registered (Same goes for anyone else that has tried to register the last 20 days, please let me know via PM here if you registered, and what the handle is, and I will approve the account. (Account approvals is not because im paranoid that assholes will get in there, its just, I dont get this damn captcha working as it should, and I have 200 bots registering every day) :D

We never said the hack was the reason, we have said a couple of times we are tired of the bullshit, and the bullshit kept coming... We SAID if the bullshit keeps coming, we close the off topic. Now, do not blame us for the bullshit, and certainly not for the closing of the off topic, right? :)

Aha!

Much clearer now :)

So the hack wasn't the reason, it was just a trigger.

And now I actually think I understand the reasoning behind it - member X got banned (I think I know who it is) and is therefore suspected to have caused the attack and since member X was already an ex-member prior to that and has been suspected for these kinds of attacks already some times before the resulting conclusion was that this circle - ex member coming back, behaving badly (even if there's no reference to his prior identity), getting banned, being pissed off and attacking - will continue forever if nothing's changed. And now OT is closed and a rigid policy is established to let only trance talk take place on the forum and thus to prevent ex members causing havoc. Is that the reasoning (kinda)?

btw, janet.. you say you're not so upset about the offtopic, but the truth is you're a forum junky as well ;)

see you @ 48hrs.

yes, i know :rolleyes: but i do have a life outside of my pc too:) i`m not in it to get as many posts as poss, unlike some guys:) Its just entertainment, and boy, this place entertains me no end:)

Aha!

Much clearer now :)

So the hack wasn't the reason, it was just a trigger.

And now I actually think I understand the reasoning behind it - member X got banned (I think I know who it is) and is therefore suspected to have caused the attack and since member X was already an ex-member prior to that and has been suspected for these kinds of attacks already some times before the resulting conclusion was that this circle - ex member coming back, behaving badly (even if there's no reference to his prior identity), getting banned, being pissed off and attacking - will continue forever if nothing's changed. And now OT is closed and a rigid policy is established to let only trance talk take place on the forum and thus to prevent ex members causing havoc. Is that the reasoning (kinda)?

No.

Let's open an investigation!!

I'm sending a letter to Haag even as we speak.

:lol:

:lol:

Wtf, I wanted to post that I just ordered some shrooms, but closed?! WEll I read a little earlier posts, I see the complaint, and I do agree. I haven't been much in the offtopic last months anyways.

Yeah WTF! :lol:

If you need to spam/troll/postwhore/spill your guts/be an asshole you can do it at 48hrs for a month :D

I did a quick hoover around off topic section to look for those bullshit topics, but I couldnt find it. It has all got deleted? What kind of bullshit are we talking about here? Flame wars? pure ad spam? Pure nonsense topics? hard Insults?

Seriously, I just wonder about it cause I was gone and couldnt see exactly what was. In the past, when ever something like that happened there would have a huge trail of closed threads to investigate on :P