Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Simply can I be banned? Or it'd be even better if my presence altogether could be deleted. I am requesting this not because of what's transpired recently on HERE, but because of what is happening with our world markets and our presidential election in the United States. I need to be banned from my addiction here. If anybody wants to hit me up, I'll be on aim as deviousvr6 :]

This is a serious request. I *REALLY* do need to focus on hoarding gold and silver and moving to South America. My son's future depends on my next move in life and that is happily requesting to smack myself in my face for my psynews addiction. Thank you for your time, management. :]

Your friend,

d

Any chance of an explanation why Off Topic is being closed? Seems like a reasonable enough request.

Have you tried behaving like this (not you Rotwang) on Isratrance? ;) Discussion is over about this, decision was taken, and it will not be reversed NOR discussed.

I doesn't work, you can't force people to talk about trance and let's be honest, trance isn't very interesting atm.

Mars, you've probably been listening to this kind of music as long as the rest of us, psytrance is in a creative rut has been so for a couple of years now. You can't blame people for being semi-blase about the music after 10-15 years?

I doesn't work, you can't force people to talk about trance and let's be honest, trance isn't very interesting atm.

Mars, you've probably been listening to this kind of music as long as the rest of us, psytrance is in a creative rut has been so for a couple of years now. You can't blame people for being semi-blase about the music after 10-15 years?

then why be at this forum at all?

then why be at this forum at all?

I'm just saying how I think it will pan out.

Me, I've talked a lot about trance here and contributed reviews etc...

Atm there's not many interesting releases/artists out there but maybe that's just me.

Oh well, have fun with caffein:me and hordes of 'Hi guys I liek Infected Mushroom, gizza torrents plox' people.

I'm just saying how I think it will pan out.

Me, I've talked a lot about trance here and contributed reviews etc...

Atm there's not many interesting releases/artists out there but maybe that's just me.

Oh well, have fun with caffein:me and hordes of 'Hi guys I liek Infected Mushroom, gizza torrents plox' people.

Yeahp, see ya around.

did I miss summat?

Actually, closing off topic has been good for me as i now read thru all the other parts of the foum and I`m getting back into the music again....

thanks from me:)

xxx

Off topic is closed? When did that happen, I didn't notice :rolleyes:

We used to have something in the profile of percentage of posts in the most posted in sub-forum. Whatever happened to this? It was interesting.

did I miss summat?

Actually, closing off topic has been good for me as i now read thru all the other parts of the foum and I`m getting back into the music again....

thanks from me:)

xxx

+1 I never get to the off topic section anymore, to fast and pointless :D

General is fine,

never visited this subforum until the off topic section was closed checking what is going on...

glad to see we can still discuss and share trance :)

Have you tried behaving like this (not you Rotwang) on Isratrance? ;) Discussion is over about this, decision was taken, and it will not be reversed NOR discussed.

:(

I was abroad for a week, and obviously something happened during that time. So could anyone tell me what? At least point me to some threads where this has been discussed. This forum (mostly off-topic, but other sections as well) has been important for me for about six years now, so I think I deserve some information. Please answer or PM me.

:(

I was abroad for a week, and obviously something happened during that time. So could anyone tell me what? At least point me to some threads where this has been discussed. This forum (mostly off-topic, but other sections as well) has been important for me for about six years now, so I think I deserve some information. Please answer or PM me.

sending you a pm.

the cultural and tech subforums of the off topic are closed as well.....they didnt deserve it

true that. but thats the way it is going to be for now. dont get me wrong here, I also miss offtopic and the tech talk. maybe it gives some space for thought though, and some time to spend OFF the internet? :D

true that. but thats the way it is going to be for now. dont get me wrong here, I also miss offtopic and the tech talk. maybe it gives some space for thought though, and some time to spend OFF the internet? :D

ye i know...i dont really care if the off topic closed...i mean i do, but not that much. am not asking u to reopen it...u had ur reasons to close it...

right now am pretty much online 9 to 5 (not getting payed though lol) but not just to be online...its cheaper than the phone if u get what i mean.. ;)

:D

Off topic is closed? When did that happen, I didn't notice :rolleyes:

We used to have something in the profile of percentage of posts in the most posted in sub-forum. Whatever happened to this? It was interesting.

hey that would be cool! I'd like to see how some people post on this forum.

and cheer up, At least we still have 1 offtopic thread left: it's called "psynews minicity"

it's in general though, i don't know the link with psytrance, it's just a gay game for bored people who spend too muh time on the net.

perfect for us. :posford:

pointing fingers is the solution! :D You KNEW the server was compromised? How did you know? By the symptoms you were getting? good, Plenty of sites with same SYMPTOMS have not been compromised! However you KNEW, so why did you not TELL US what was wrong, if you KNEW it has been compromised.

Ack, now I feel bad that I wasn't more proactive! I thought you guys knew what was up and and were working on it.

I've been doing a lot of reading into security matters as Ektoplazm has been under near-constant attack for close to two months now. Have you considered that the recent intrusion might have nothing to do with board politics--that this was a non-targeted attack? Generally speaking, when someone has a grudge and makes the effort to hack a site they usually go after juicy data (the database, for example). Inserting a few lines of code redirecting traffic--that sounds more like an automated process, the actions of a bad robot. The Internet is swarming with them. And here you are using Invision, a popular forum software package. Hmm :) something to think about.

I havent been up to things here in a while, so let me re-iterate what i understood so far:

Someone hacked the server, so the off-topic was closed for one month because it is believed that the hack was due to forum politics and in this month it is enough time for people to calm down. However, many forums were hacked lately so it isnt entirely sure if that was the case or if the hack was completely random.

I hope the latter was the case, it would really suck if someone took their online grudges to such an extreme level. But with some of the psychos around, I wouldnt even be surprised.

So, off topic is gonna open again or not ? Cause if not thinking of erasing my account. No off topic no fun.

What's the need to delete your account? If it's not fun just don't visit as much, then when off topic does open again you can come back :)