Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Hey everybody!!this forum kicks!especially the sale and trade topics!But, why can't I reply in topics in this part (sale&trade) of the forum?

Thanks for your help!

Are you getting a specific error message or something?

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Been getting a database error when trying to post in the DJ Mix area

On OS X El Capitan and have tried with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

www.psynews.org Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

• 5 weeks later...

Hei .. Id like to pretty much copy paste this http://www.psymusic.co.uk/forum/threads/crew-from-oslo-coming-to-london-11th-of-december-venue-wanted.76318/information on a suiting place here on Psynews. I first looked at the Party UK site, but Im not allowed to post there, since Im not resident Uk i guess. I looked at other places here on psynews but call here for help on where to best post my post / topic question. You see id like to get some impact wothout making multible topics in varies forum sections.. :) thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Been getting a database error when trying to post in the DJ Mix area

On OS X El Capitan and have tried with Chrome, Firefox, and Safari

www.psynews.org Driver Error
There appears to be an error with the database.

If you are seeing this page, it means there was a problem communicating with our database. Sometimes this error is temporary and will go away when you refresh the page. Sometimes the error will need to be fixed by an administrator before the site will become accessible again.

You can try to refresh the page by clicking here

This shit happened to me just now while adding a review :/

Everything is lost. Booooo psynews, not cool

• 2 months later...

How do I enable private messages? I turned them off and now I cannot find an option in my profile settings to turn priva msgs on..

How do I enable private messages? I turned them off and now I cannot find an option in my profile settings to turn priva msgs on..

Found it ;)

what's up with the "VA - PSYCHOFLUID Evolution" thread?

it's not particularly interesting to me, but if i click on it, i just see a page with "psynews driver error" and "there seems to be an error with the database".

It was caused by the tables encoding and gave me shivers and a great deal of work.

So we had several Driver error reports in IPB even though the thread's title was 100% in latin. Not the post it contained, though, but it wasn't obvious.

In the logs I found:  Error: 1366 - Incorrect string value: '\xEF\xBC\x9A-Ev...' for column 'cache_content' at row 1

a bit further in the logs we have a database error when the board tries to cache the post. Within that post one can find a link to the japanese site of Tower Records: <a href=\'http://tower.jp/item/4360597/Psychofluid%EF%BC%9A-Evolution\'class=\'bbc_url\' title=\'External link\' rel=\'nofollow external\'>
Psychofluid: Evolution、CD- タワーレコード

The faulty chars are there. And I noticed indeed that the psynews tables were still in latin and were never converted to utf-8 whereas IPB3 is supposed to have UTF-8 tables. So this issue is 10 years old actually...

Using a tool I converted all the tables' encodings and the problem was solved and won't happen again. Crazy shit.  :)
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

how can i make the votes in a poll visible?

In the "Manage Topic Poll" dialog, there's a checkbox next to "Poll Title" that says "Make votes public?". Note that you can't change it after anyone has voted, though.