Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Hi. I created a post in "DJ Promotion" under the title "DJ Procyon - Eerie Voices Chill Out set", only to discover, to my dismay, that 'eerie' is an English word associated with horror situations instead of dreamy or haunting ones in a positive way, as I thought. So, I changed the file name to "...haunting voices", but I couldn't change the title of the post. Can you guys do that favor to me? I appreciate that.

Done.

• 2 weeks later...

Why we have 3 cards for forums and 2 for members or how is correct name, headers?

1um-psynew.jpg

I don't know if is problem with my browser or is with everyone, but it doesn't look good :P

Just replied to a review of Goa Vibes Vol. 1. Discogs says it's from 1995, but it's in the 1996 section. Am I wrong? Am I right? Or am I just dreaming?

Yes, I worked a tune from Erasure into my request for you to move the thread.

You're welcome.

Mdk

I see more ads, but no search?

I still see search in both IP.Board and Deviant3. What browser and skin are you using? There should be a search box at the top of the page.

Using Firefox and the Deviant.

Same here. My search box is right at the top above the psynews logo, at the left-hand-side of the bar with the "Sign Out" button. Is yours not there? Can you provide a screenshot?

From Psynews's Faceboook (inbox):

Hello there,

Can you please approve my user "Anjuna" in the forums? I would like to post my new compilation released in Anjuna Records.

Ps. there's a psynews credit in this album for this great community

Rgs,
Tal

i've a question and I don't know where to ask it, so I do it here.

Shall I add some tags when writting some reviews (and opening a new topic for it) ?

It may look as stupid question, but like the autor and the title of the album is already in the title of the topic, I dont know what to add as Tags.

Hey darkill, every reviewer does things differently, but I would recommend giving credit where credit is due by tagging and labeling inside the post.

Examples of information to give:

Album Artist

Album Title

Album Label

Artwork Artist

Mastering

Genre(s)

Date

File Size

----

Also, admins, how do users get that "Family of Light" added to their account? :P

Also, admins, how do users get that "Family of Light" added to their account? :P

It takes years of work, I'm afraid. AFAIK there are only three people who have it.

i've a question and I don't know where to ask it, so I do it here.

Shall I add some tags when writting some reviews (and opening a new topic for it) ?

It may look as stupid question, but like the autor and the title of the album is already in the title of the topic, I dont know what to add as Tags.

I concur with Rotwang.

You have to be super awesome. ;)

Honestly, the Family of Light members were chosen for specific reasons.

why dont youtube videos get embedded when i paste the link and post .. what am i doing wrong ? Not sure where/what the plain text editor is !

why dont youtube videos get embedded when i paste the link and post .. what am i doing wrong ?

It's not you, it's the forum software.

Not sure where/what the plain text editor is !

In the top-left-hand corner of the reply box, there is a button that looks like a light switch. Press that to toggle between the rich-text editor and the plain-text one. The rich-text editor tries (and fails) to be clever with stuff you paste into it, and in particular if you paste something that looks like a URL into it then it sometimes (but not always, for reasons that escape me) puts tags around it. If it's a YouTube video the tags override the embedding function.

Hey darkill, every reviewer does things differently, but I would recommend giving credit where credit is due by tagging and labeling inside the post.

Examples of information to give:

Album Artist

Album Title

Album Label

Artwork Artist

Mastering

Genre(s)

Date

File Size

----

Ok, since I already give label name, album and artist title in topic's name, I will add all these as tags as well.

What do you means by mastering ? You means the guy who has done the mastering ?