Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

Guest neurogen

It is possible for Admins to delete you. But don't you think you're overreacting a bit? Why not sleep on it and see if you feel the same way tomorrow.

awesome.

delete me please. Good bye .

(im 100% sure.)

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Mr. umm, Wang. That worked perfectly!

It turns out I could have just changed it for you without having to fanny around with hexadecimal numbers and suchlike. Sorry, I haven't quite got used to being an admin yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Done.

In other news, I've only just noticed that you can preview a thread by clicking the arrow that appears next to the right of the thread title when one mouseovers it. MIND = BLOWN

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a malware warning browsing psynews by google chrome ??????

I got the choice to go back and browse further (what I did) or block Psynews totally...

I got it browsing this topic :

http://www.psynews.o...20#entry1006547

What's up with that :D

ps: I didn't take a print screen because it was in dutch so...

Malware Google chrome: http://support.googl...en&answer=99020

It happens to facebook and other sites too, I'll ran a scan and delete the junk...

I never have problems with that, I only visit 10 sites that's it :)

EDIT:

I ran a malware scan and everything was ok on my laptop.

+ there were many tabs open with different sites...

I think I have found out what it is. (not sure)

In my profile "about me" there is a LastFM playlist posted that updates the latest tracks.

After my malware scan I deleted one malware that I didn't recognize

and after that the playlist was gone...

It seems acceptable, it transfers personal information from one site to another...

Then again I don't know much of this malware stuff, and I do have no interest at all,

They can have my info :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Well, when I access Psynews from my smartphone, the topics that have multiple pages (like this very one) will open only in the first page. If I want to go to the last one - say, page 34 of this topic - it's impossible to jump from page 1 to 34. Unless I go all the way from 1, 2, 3...till 34. Is there a solution for that?

Just to mention, this is the only site that has this minor problem. Other sites I access I can stay on page 1 or jump directly to the most recent one, usually by clicking on arrows, numbers, etc...

^ On my mobile device thread links automatically take me to the last page of a thread, unless there are unread posts on an earlier page. Please copy and paste one of the thread links you're getting so I can see what it looks like.

Anyway, you can get to a specific page more quickly by manually appending "/page-<number>" to the end of the thread URL, e.g.

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/53032-site-questions-requests/page-34

<p>One of the topics that opens only in the 1st page is "What are you doing now?" I have given up posting on it from my iPhone because I can't go to the last page, unless manually. I will screenshot it and post here later.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Edit: I use a shortcut on my iPhone, so it links directly to the 'forums' page, not to a specif topic. So, very difficult to add a number after the slash.</p>

I use a shortcut on my iPhone, so it links directly to the 'forums' page, not to a specif topic. So, very difficult to add a number after the slash.

Huh? That shouldn't make any difference. Whenever you tap the name of an individual thread, your iPhone will open the thread in question by going to its URL (or you can hold the thread name for a second and you'll be given a menu that includes an option to copy the URL). When you're reading the actual thread, its URL should be visible in Safari's address bar.

Ok here's an example, when I open the Psynews shortcut, it opens the forums page, then I tap - say - on the off-topic forum, then I tap on the "What are you doing?" topic. At this point is that it sends me to the page 1, instead of the last one. EDIT: and if I want to go the last page, to see the latest posts, there's no way other than doing it manually.

Ok here's an example, when I open the Psynews shortcut, it opens the forums page, then I tap - say - on the off-topic forum, then I tap on the "What are you doing?" topic. At this point is that it sends me to the page 1, instead of the last one.

Yes, I know. You already said that.

Please copy and paste one of the thread links you're getting so I can see what it looks like. You can get the link by holding the "What are you doing?" link for a second instead of tapping it, then when the menu pops up choosing "Copy".

EDIT: and if I want to go the last page, to see the latest posts, there's no way other than doing it manually.

When you're in the "What are you doing?" topic, the address bar should contain the URL of the thread, possibly with a page number or post ID at the end of it; I just tried going there on my iPod and my address bar contains the URL

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/61212-what-are-you-doing-right-now/page-19&do=findComment&comment=1007259

Does your browser's address bar have something similar? If so then you can get to the last page by deleting everything after "right-now/" and replacing it with "page-19" or whatever page you wish to go to. If not, what does it have?