Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

4 hours ago, Penzoline said:

Members can set their own title after 2,000 content items and yes the title changes in specific increments. I'll still advice not to spam pointlessly.

Thanks! And yes I always try to strike a balance :) I didn't mean spam like in the bad sense where people might create nonsensical threads. But more like as in beeing active overall, and perhaps due to wanting to reach the next rank, participate more in offtopic threads which might lack a structure. ;) 

btw I noticed that the forum updated while I was posting, so it gave an update error. I logged out and in and cleared the cache, but I don't seem to be able to edit posts? Hence why I write a new post now instead.  :) Probably a temporary issue.

*nevermind found it.

And yeah that rank list certainly explains why it has felt like I've been on the "Impossible Vortex" rank for over 10 years, because I really have been. :lol: Wow 1000 posts between this rank and the next one is quite a steep incremental increase. And back in the day I never ever posted in the offtopic section. So the post count rate was kept very slow.

The main psynews logo at the top of the forum is super small now after the update, (I'm on the phone version of the forum). It seems as if the ads cover the space where the psynews.org logo previously was.

*edit* Now I see the edit button has changed. Found it.

please go back :(

this timeline cannot take any more drastic life-changing events like psynews changing theme:unsure:

was talking a walk and could not for the fuck of me even log in. there was no button to do it! had to switch to desktop mode to barely see a faint grey login. then when i switched back from desktop mode the fucker wanted me to login again. 

do we really need all that stress in the midst of this corona crisis!

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, astralprojection said:

lol .. i thought my sarcasm would come through. it was an attempt at humor. swing and a miss.

I use the other login button that is located at the bottom of threads. :) A good temporary solution.

One thing I can't seem to find tho is the inbox, anyone have any luck with that one? On mobile version.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Penzoline said:

Did it? I'm gonna make it the default theme as soon as I figure a couple things out. I already broke it completely once.

Yes and the penzonews theme also has all the other issues I've noticed fixed. Psynews logo normal size, the standard login is available etc. So yeah changing it to default and temporarily disable the current default one will solve a lot of headache :)

As a bonus it is a very nice color scheme for the eyes. Everything feels more clear and easy to read.

This new theme + the forum update I suppose, has the same snappy browsing experience as an app. A bit like the reddit app.

the old theme with the update looked a little broken but with penzonews it's all fine now. i actually like the new look. if i were pressed to find an issue, then i'd say that the new sidebar takes too much space away from the posts in some threads, but that really doesn't make a lot of a difference.

3 hours ago, Padmapani said:

the old theme with the update looked a little broken but with penzonews it's all fine now. i actually like the new look. if i were pressed to find an issue, then i'd say that the new sidebar takes too much space away from the posts in some threads, but that really doesn't make a lot of a difference.

I'll see if we can do something to make it smaller.

3 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

Yes and the penzonews theme also has all the other issues I've noticed fixed. Psynews logo normal size, the standard login is available etc. So yeah changing it to default and temporarily disable the current default one will solve a lot of headache :)

As a bonus it is a very nice color scheme for the eyes. Everything feels more clear and easy to read.

This new theme + the forum update I suppose, has the same snappy browsing experience as an app. A bit like the reddit app.

Yeah it does feel a lot smoother, especially on mobile.

• 1 month later...
On 7/11/2020 at 6:41 PM, RTP said:

I have a remark about his "stuck in mobile version" thing.

Turns out I was too (at least I think)! But I was able to zoom so far out that I practically didn't notice - only recently I realized that the navigation links at the top didn't work anmyore ... drove me mad ... almost wanted to post a bug report for myself ... then I found out that Penzo did a new default skin "Penzonews" and to that one I switched now and that fixed it :)

So: thanks @Penzoline :D ... and I'm now on the default skin aswell

• 2 months later...
On 1/13/2021 at 12:32 PM, Penzoline said:

Sorry, that took longer than it should have.

thank you ... I oversaw that :P

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, astralprojection said:

Seconded. Absolutely blocking lots of the view and is very intrusive.. 

These pop-up etc. ads are totally annoying and will become a psynews killer . org

@RTPand the owner and mod people. This can not continue.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, psytones said:

These pop-up etc. ads are totally annoying and will become a psynews killer . org

@RTPand the owner and mod people. This can not continue.

I agree, we can discuss things on reddit meanwhile. These adds are hella annoying.

Almost feels like my mobile browser is infected with 90’s pop-up malware lol. :blink::wacko::D  

• Like 1