Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

thanks for the update :) btw the "what are you listening to right now" thread has been very slooow when one post in it, which is surely due to all the links in the thread which the forum indexes? Perhaps a new thread should be started and the old one closed, as is common on other forums when threads reach too many pages? :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have a request for a feature on the forums, namely this:

https://community.soundcloud.com/share-embed-230064/how-do-i-embed-a-sound-cloud-player-into-a-forum-i-m-using-6395729

Would be neat to have the added functionality to add embedded small soundclound links, in signature as well as in posts. As the forum works now by default, if I add an embedded soundcloud link, it makes a huge preview, which is not ideal for the signature. Since it occupies a lot of real estate on the screen for users :) hence annoying. I is however useful in the promo section with the large embedded link.

The music production section would benefit from having some of the pinned threads removed, some are from 2005 and are hopelessly dated/irrelevant. Probably dead links galore.

It would make that forum section feel more inviting and fresh, since the amount of pinned threads makes for some unnecessary scrolling while visiting that section.

• 2 weeks later...

help. since today i seem to be stuck in the mobile version of psynews. everything is huge with no structure to the site and i couldn't even find the option to post a new thread. the site is displayed fine with chrome, but in safari i can't figure out how to get back to the desktop version. any ideas?

3 hours ago, Padmapani said:

help. since today i seem to be stuck in the mobile version of psynews. everything is huge with no structure to the site and i couldn't even find the option to post a new thread. the site is displayed fine with chrome, but in safari i can't figure out how to get back to the desktop version. any ideas?

I recognize that issue with some other forums, it's usually when you've bookmarked a site/forum from the mobile browser, and then browsing it on the laptop. Tried clearing your cookies?

3 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

I recognize that issue with some other forums, it's usually when you've bookmarked a site/forum from the mobile browser, and then browsing it on the laptop. Tried clearing your cookies?

i haven't looked a psyewns on mobile for at least a year. browsing on mobile is always cumbersome compared to desktop. i'll try clearing cookies anyway though.

edit: no luck with that sadly.

On 7/4/2020 at 1:11 PM, Padmapani said:

i haven't looked a psyewns on mobile for at least a year. browsing on mobile is always cumbersome compared to desktop. i'll try clearing cookies anyway though.

edit: no luck with that sadly.

Sorry, but I can't see an option to change it TO the mobile version on my laptop, so I can't figure out how to change it back. I would assume the forum detects the operating system and chooses mobile/desktop for you, so it's pretty weird if its choosing the wrong one.

What browser are you using?

On 8/10/2008 at 1:51 PM, reger said:

I want rating system for albums in review sections, ie, just like user start rating :)

That was actually a super good idea, anyone knows why it wasn't implemented?

On 7/4/2020 at 3:26 PM, Padmapani said:

In a thread at the InVision Community they suggest it's due to an automatic trigger which resolution your desktop has - if too low, the board will go into the mobile version.
Is the browser window maximized? If yes, can you try to set your resolution higher?
Super odd though that it works with one browser and with the other not...

that's all I could find: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/405727-desktop-browser-stuck-in-mobile-view-in-ips-forums/

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Veracohr said:

Sorry, but I can't see an option to change it TO the mobile version on my laptop, so I can't figure out how to change it back. I would assume the forum detects the operating system and chooses mobile/desktop for you, so it's pretty weird if its choosing the wrong one.

What browser are you using?

safari 13.1 on mac os 10.14.6.

neither do i see an option to choose the version. i did not change anything recently, so i also suspect the forum software to make the mistake here.

On 6/16/2020 at 8:29 PM, AstralSphinx said:

I have a request for a feature on the forums, namely this:

https://community.soundcloud.com/share-embed-230064/how-do-i-embed-a-sound-cloud-player-into-a-forum-i-m-using-6395729

Would be neat to have the added functionality to add embedded small soundclound links, in signature as well as in posts. As the forum works now by default, if I add an embedded soundcloud link, it makes a huge preview, which is not ideal for the signature. Since it occupies a lot of real estate on the screen for users :) hence annoying. I is however useful in the promo section with the large embedded link.

Hi - you can embed soundcloud links in signatures ... see below :)
I am using the embed function from soundcloud for it...

Should be available for everyone, no? :huh:

1 minute ago, Padmapani said:

safari 13.1 on mac os 10.14.6.

neither do i see an option to choose the version. i did not change anything recently, so i also suspect the forum software to make the mistake here.

It ceratinly is the forum software. The last thing I can think of is the resolution of the window, if you increase it it should be gone, I hope...

Ultima ratio is that I make a new skin with disabled mobile function, but I do not yet know how to do that.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RTP said:

In a thread at the InVision Community they suggest it's due to an automatic trigger which resolution your desktop has - if too low, the board will go into the mobile version.
Is the browser window maximized? If yes, can you try to set your resolution higher?
Super odd though that it works with one browser and with the other not...

that's all I could find: https://invisioncommunity.com/forums/topic/405727-desktop-browser-stuck-in-mobile-view-in-ips-forums/

thanks. the hamburger menu disappeared when i maximised it (though i don't get why it would switch to mobile when it's already a large window that covers 80% of the screen at 2560x1600).

ah, i just found it. i just tried manually setting the page zoom to 100% for psynews and now it looks normal again. i have no idea why it only display it zoomed way in for the last week, but i hope it's solved now that i set it to be at 100% all the time. thanks again.

10 minutes ago, RTP said:

Hi - you can embed soundcloud links in signatures ... see below :)
I am using the embed function from soundcloud for it...

Should be available for everyone, no? :huh:

Oh cool exactly what I was looking for, when I embedded a link to a track on soundcloud it made a huge preview link :D Gonna retry see what I did wrong.

1 hour ago, Padmapani said:

thanks. the hamburger menu disappeared when i maximised it (though i don't get why it would switch to mobile when it's already a large window that covers 80% of the screen at 2560x1600).

ah, i just found it. i just tried manually setting the page zoom to 100% for psynews and now it looks normal again. i have no idea why it only display it zoomed way in for the last week, but i hope it's solved now that i set it to be at 100% all the time. thanks again.

Phew, I'm glad that did it for you ... happy browsing on Psynews :)

1 hour ago, AstralSphinx said:

Oh cool exactly what I was looking for, when I embedded a link to a track on soundcloud it made a huge preview link :D Gonna retry see what I did wrong.

Cool ... in case of questions or if you want the code from my sig, just hit me up ... you just need to change the link to the video inside it...

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

I have a general question regarding the section previously known as "other art" which was merged with the offtopic section. Within those subforums there is none from what I can see where one can post art? Or have I missed something? :D My eyesight might be to blame as well. But yeah if there is a subforum or thread where one can post random digital art/visual arts, photography/street art and stuff like that.

Or perhaps that goes into the main offtopic section? I'm not so used to that section as I never frequented it before in its prime :)

• 3 weeks later...

I'm wondering why we can't see forum signatures in the mobile browser? Could that be enabled somehow via sysop/admin control panel? Or if an option could be enabled for forum users to toggle between this mobile view and the classical desktop view while on mobile browser? Some forums I frequent has this option.

On 8/18/2020 at 2:43 PM, AstralSphinx said:

I have a general question regarding the section previously known as "other art" which was merged with the offtopic section. Within those subforums there is none from what I can see where one can post art? Or have I missed something? :D My eyesight might be to blame as well. But yeah if there is a subforum or thread where one can post random digital art/visual arts, photography/street art and stuff like that.

Or perhaps that goes into the main offtopic section? I'm not so used to that section as I never frequented it before in its prime :)

I think the "other art" was just movies and literature ... so merging that with OT was the right thing to do.
For that what you _probably_ mean with art, you could use the "visual promotion" forum if you had art to post that's at least related to psychedelic trance...

7 hours ago, AstralSphinx said:

I'm wondering why we can't see forum signatures in the mobile browser? Could that be enabled somehow via sysop/admin control panel? Or if an option could be enabled for forum users to toggle between this mobile view and the classical desktop view while on mobile browser? Some forums I frequent has this option.

I have no idea, sorry :(

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2020 at 9:34 PM, RTP said:

I think the "other art" was just movies and literature ... so merging that with OT was the right thing to do.
For that what you _probably_ mean with art, you could use the "visual promotion" forum if you had art to post that's at least related to psychedelic trance...

I have no idea, sorry :(

Thanks Jedi!

Btw how about this one that I posted in the offtopic, copy pasted it here too:

"I don't get it, I've been spamming offtopic nonstop for what feels like an eternity, still my rank is the same as when I took a break from this forum many years ago I think. So anyone knows how many posts there are between the ranks? I'm guessing the required ammount becomes incrementally higher for each level reached?"

Members can set their own title after 2,000 content items and yes the title changes in specific increments. I'll still advice not to spam pointlessly.

Newcomme r0

Enlightened Ape 10

Small doses 50

Awaken 100

Happy mushroom 200

Visually distorted 500

Impossible Vortex 1000

Stepping to the Stars 2000

Hyper...Active...active...active 4000

Off limits 6000

secret 8000

secret 14000