Site questions / Requests

NEMO.BOFH

What browser do you use?

I figured out the problem - I had my Flash player preferences set to "Block all sites from storing information on this computer". Once I changed that, the SC player works in all my browsers. Didn't work in any of them before (FF, Safari, Chrome).

Since I'm pretty sure that I'm the only one who use IE9 here can somebody tries to browse with IE and check if the go-to-last-post links work for him?

"Internet Exploder cannot display the webpage"

I have version 9.0.8112.16421 (which I had to copy by hand, since IE's "About" dialog wouldn't let me highlight text. IE IS FUCKING TERRIBLE).

How hard would it be to create a custom theme for the forum here?

No idea, but I've already proposed a bunch of possible replacements for the old dark themes. Hopefully the admins will find time to sort something out soon.

• 2 months later...

How do I upload a photo that's in my computer to a post? I saw the URL window, but is there any other way to do it?

Test:

1349222629722.png

e: Go to the full editor (either by pressing the "More Reply Options" button or opening the "Quote" link in a new tab) and you should see an "Attach Files" section below the text entry box. Use the "Browse..." button to find the appropriate file, and press "Attach This File". You can add it to a specific place in your post using the "Add to Post" link to the right of the attachment; otherwise it will appear at the bottom of your post.

I made a mistake in my previous post. What I want to do is to upload an image (a flyer, actually) in the Party Announcement section. But when I start a new topic, there's no option to upload it. So, it's possible to upload it when replying to someone, but it can't be uploaded when starting a new topic? Or am I lost with buttons again?

I made a mistake in my previous post. What I want to do is to upload an image (a flyer, actually) in the Party Announcement section. But when I start a new topic, there's no option to upload it. So, it's possible to upload it when replying to someone, but it can't be uploaded when starting a new topic? Or am I lost with buttons again?

After experimenting, I don't think this has anything to do with starting a new topic; rather it seems that it's not possible to upload images in the Party Announcement forum, whether in a new topic or a reply. I'll ask the admins if there's a reason for this or it's just an oversight on their part. In the meantime, why not just upload the image to a dedicated image-hosting site (such as imgur) and hotlink to it?

• 3 weeks later...

neurogen: go to the last page of the thread called 'new skin available (beta)' or something similar in the Psynews.org subforum. There's a post there where I explain how to fix your problem. I'd post a link but it's a bit awkward at the mo since I'm posting from an iProduct.

Guest neurogen

neurogen: go to the last page of the thread called 'new skin available (beta)' or something similar in the Psynews.org subforum. There's a post there where I explain how to fix your problem. I'd post a link but it's a bit awkward at the mo since I'm posting from an iProduct.

and i thank you sir.

btw, will i have this problem again in the future? i surf this site tons on my android but also on pc.. oh well, i guess ill live :P

Personally I can browse on both my PC and iPod without any trouble - the iPod uses the mobile theme (in fact it seems to be impossible to use anything else on the iPod since the last upgrade) but any desktop or laptop where I log on gives me the Deviant theme. Using the mobile skin on your Android shouldn't affect what happens elsewhere. Let us know if it does (though frankly there probably wouldn't be much we could do about it; we're at the mercy of the idiots who maintain IPB).

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/53032-site-questions-requests/page__st__600#entry1001845

I linked this via my iPhone in less than 5 seconds:

1. Open the page you want to link

2. Click on the arrow/square in the bottom of the screen.

3. Click in 'copy'

4. In the page you want to paste it, click twice anyplace in the text area.

5. 'Paste' will pop up, just click on it.

Huh? I am lost here: individual posts have a link? Never heard about that, is there any button which shows the link of, say, your post above?

Edit: AFAIK, if you want to link, say, the page 29 of a thread that has more than 100 pages and you want to link to specifically to page 29, you just have to open it and copy/paste, like I did above. But if you want to copy/paste a link directly to a post in the page 29, then I never heard of that, neither in my Windows era, nor now using Apple. But it could be me.

Huh? I am lost here: individual posts have a link?

Yes, in fact you posted one such link a few minutes ago. That's what the '#entry1001845' on the end of your URL means.

Never heard about that, is there any button which shows the link of, say, your post above?

There is in the desktop skins, namely the post number at the top right corner of each post (#620 for this one, for example). I'm not aware of such a button in the mobile skin. How did you get to the page you linked to?

e:

Edit: AFAIK, if you want to link, say, the page 29 of a thread that has more than 100 pages and you want to link to specifically to page 29, you just have to open it and copy/paste, like I did above.

Actually you don't - if you hold down a link rather than tapping it, a menu will pop up that has an option to copy the link without opening the page.

But if you want to copy/paste a link directly to a post in the page 29, then I never heard of that, neither in my Windows era, nor now using Apple.

But you just did it! Can you remember what you did?

I am using my Mac, and visited Psynews with a Windows, and I understood what you meant:

While pasting from my iPhone the following subdivisions of www.psynews.org can be copied/pasted: pages/threads/subpages of threads. All these appear as distinct numbers/letters in iPhone. However, it can't be done with either Macs/Windows, which doesn't show psynews.org subdivisions.

The reason I don't know, it's up to the developers. But I want to make clear it's not an OS problem as you pointed, but the theme that psynews is using now. FYI, I am using the IP.board theme in Macbook. In iPhone it's a dark blue theme that doesnot show its name. But I use the following shortcut signed to my psynews app link: www.psynews.org/forums (which appears as the mobile version of psynews, unintentionally as it seems). Which works in a different way from the www.psynews.org mobile link (which appears just like in note/desks: the site is not resized to fit into the small screen, fonts are unreadable).

As for your comments:

1.Yes, in fact you posted one such link a few minutes ago. That's what the '#entry1001845' on the end of your URL means.

As said above, the url sudvision appears only in iPhone

2. There is in the desktop skins, namely the post number at the top right corner of each post (#620 for this one, for example). I'm not aware of such a button in the mobile skin. How did you get to the page you linked to?

The number #620 does not appear in the www.psynews.org/forums screen. As said above, the sub-sub-division of psynews.org appear automatically when copying in my iPhone, but not in Windows//Mac notebooks.

3. Actually you don't - if you hold down a link rather than tapping it, a menu will pop up that has an option to copy the link without opening the page.

OK. There are more than one way to copy a link, you may or may not open the page.

4.But you just did it! Can you remember what you did?

There's some misinformation here, from one of us. AFAIK, what I copied was a page of a thread, not a post. A post to me, is a individual writing of a member of, say, a forum inside a page. Like this one here, is a post from member Procyon number 621, posted in page number 31 of a thread called Site Questions/Requests. I understood I copied the page 31, not the post 31. That's why I said I know I can copy/paste pages (as I did with the page # 31 using iPhone), but not posts (like in post #621, #133). In brief: pages can be copied as I did, but not individual posts. Or am I wrong, or my definition of 'post' and 'page' in English is inverted?

Edit: Here's what I found twitching a little with the site: if you bookmark psynews site as www.psynews.org IN YOUR DESK/NOTE then all the pages, posts and subdivisons won't be shown in the url. But if bookmark it as www.psynews.org/forums, then the subdivisions will be shown in url.

Here's the link to this very page, from my Macbook:

http://www.psynews.o...s/page__st__620

Hope it helps the link copy/paste problem.

I am using my Mac, and visited Psynews with a Windows, and I understood what you meant:

While pasting from my iPhone the following subdivisions of www.psynews.org can be copied/pasted: pages/threads/subpages of threads. All these appear as distinct numbers/letters in iPhone. However, it can't be done with either Macs/Windows, which doesn't show psynews.org subdivisions.

When you say "doesn't show psynews.org subdivisions", are you referring to the fact that the URL that appears in the address bar always says "psynews.org", rather than e.g. "psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/53032-site-questions-requests/"? If so, that's only true if you browse the forum in a single tab. If you open any link in a new tab, the address bar will display the full URL.

The reason I don't know, it's up to the developers. But I want to make clear it's not an OS problem as you pointed,

I didn't "point" any such thing.

but the theme that psynews is using now. FYI, I am using the IP.board theme in Macbook. In iPhone it's a dark blue theme that doesnot show its name.

Does it look like this? If so, that's the mobile skin.

As for your comments:

1.Yes, in fact you posted one such link a few minutes ago. That's what the '#entry1001845' on the end of your URL means.

As said above, the url sudvision appears only in iPhone

I'm talking about the URL that was pasted into your earlier post. It looks like this: http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/53032-site-questions-requests/page__st__600#entry1001845

2. There is in the desktop skins, namely the post number at the top right corner of each post (#620 for this one, for example). I'm not aware of such a button in the mobile skin. How did you get to the page you linked to?

The number #620 does not appear in the www.psynews.org/forums screen.

No, because that screen does not display any posts. Like I said, the post number appears at the top right corner of each post. If you're using the IP.Board theme on your Macbook, it should look like this.

4.But you just did it! Can you remember what you did?

There's some misinformation here, from one of us. AFAIK, what I copied was a page of a thread, not a post. A post to me, is a individual writing of a member of, say, a forum inside a page. Like this one here, is a post from member Procyon number 621, posted in page number 31 of a thread called Site Questions/Requests. I understood I copied the page 31, not the post 31.

No. The URL you posted was for the individual post number 613 of this thread, i.e. this one. That's why the URL ends with '#entry1001845' (1001845 being the post's ID). If you click on the link you posted you should find that it doesn't just take you to page 31 - it takes you half way down page 31, so that neurogen's post appears at the top of the screen.

But I want to make clear it's not an OS problem as you pointed.

I didn't post any such thing

I'd post a link but it's a bit awkward at the mo since I'm posting from an iProduct

The rest is just some tech complications, no matter what OS one is using.

But I want to make clear it's not an OS problem as you pointed.

I didn't post any such thing

I'd post a link but it's a bit awkward at the mo since I'm posting from an iProduct

Yes, posting a link to an individual post would have been more awkward on an iPod than on a desk/laptop - not least because I have no idea how to get the link to an individual post on an iPod. This has nothing to do with the subdivisions that are visible in the address bar of a browser.

The rest is just some tech complications, no matter what OS one is using.

Please tell me how you got the URL (which links to an individual post) that you posted from your iPhone.

OK, I think I've figured out what's going on here. The links to individual threads in the mobile skin all have the form

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10000-topic-name/page__view__getnewpost

but when one actually opens the page, one is referred to a page of the form

http://www.psynews.org/forums/index.php?/topic/10000-topic-name/page__st__100#entry1000000

where the number on the end is the first unread post if there is one, or the last post of the thread otherwise. Obviously, this doesn't make it any easier to post a link to an individual post on a mobile device unless that post happens to be the first unread/last post of the thread.

heyyy

I was wondering, could we have a way to "see" soundcloud tracks directly on the forum (the same way we see youtube vids)? Since more and more artists are moving to soundcloud and this is esentially a music forum I suppose it would be a great feature tu have no?