Best Union Jack tracks

radi6404

Hello, I know I shouldn´t be here and hope I wont get into fights with some users here, please, I want it keep in peace this time. Anyway, for some months I am listening to Union Jack stuff from time to time, there are very good Union Jack tracks, some are too light for me but the track Vicious cycles - Union Jack RMX and the track Nicely - Away The Throttle Pedal Stop (Remixed By Union Jack) are very good, I like them quite a lot, also, Red herring, are there more Union Jack tracks to recommend?

Did you give the Union Jack album There Will Be No Armagedon a try? I really like it and it also has some downtemp/ambient tracks on it. My favourite is Water Drums, very beautifull.

Yes, I gave ti a try, I also like quite a few tracks there, but water drums I don´t like, it is very very kiddish.

What's childish in that track (no offense taken or anything, I'm just interested to understand what you mean)? I personaly like the singing in a lot.

OMG radi, i"m pleasantly surprised, that you, as hardcore goatrance freak started a union jack thread..

If you like the sound of Union jack, you should def also check paragliders, terra forma, art of trance, old Cygnus X, and everything related to Oliver Lieb (imo the posford of trance).

I think i have all union jack tracks, i'm a real old skool trance hardcore obsessed guy these days, more than i was ever into goa, my absolute fav of the moment is: fromage frais. I wish someone would do a decent remix out of this, rerelease it with a modern sound :(. This trance tickles my sense of music and tranquility in the same way goatrance tickles my sense of madness. I don't know if you'll like it, but if you keep listening to trance some day you will, it infests you because of it's open personality. I once bought a few trance CD's because they had a single man with no name track on it, and a few years later my psyCD's are dusting and i keep buying old expensive LP's and stuff.

paragliders - paraglider is on of my favs in this subgenre too. I think you'll like it more then the union jack track i posted. I bought this record in all it's several remixes i could find. YES, that's freakin crazy.

Oliver Lieb (imo the posford of trance).

that's truely a wrong comparison imo :lol:

hehe

i'd rather say he's the posford of present techno (but that's probably wrong as well ;) )

his trance back in the early/mid-nineties was pure genious

take Spicelab for example

that's truely a wrong comparison imo :lol:

hehe

i'd rather say he's the posford of present techno (but that's probably wrong as well ;) )

his trance back in the early/mid-nineties was pure genious

take Spicelab for example

techno?

spicelab is not techno imo but acid / acidtrance.

Oliver lieb has his roots in earliest trance and has since then a big influence & activity in the entire electronic music scene. He's one flexibel guy doing remixes of both faithless and hallucinogen tracks. But from all his alter ego's LSG and paragliders still stand out as the true Oliver Lieb sound. anyway, don't you think it's time for a decent Oliver Lieb appreciation thread? hehe, i'll spam it with every youtube vid of him i can find. Great music

*cough*LSG*cough*

yeah, he sure did techno and electro. he did everything! From goa with man with no name & hallucinogen, to trance, acid, techno, electro till pop music with faithless. I would not mind hearing any liveset in any genre from him. I bet they all pwn.

best track evargh from Ollie?

hey this thread is supposed to be about Union jack, not Oliver Lieb!

hah I'm surprised noone mentioned Cactus... it's my personal fave. The tribal chanting part is AMAZING, too bad it doesn't last longer.

And Ticon ripped the melody to make cheap success :angry:

ME TO

THE BEST TRACK ON THAT MIX I RECKON, AND EVEN LISTENED TO IT RECENTLY

NICE

AND MAYBE DRAX AND CYGNUS TO

I also loved the preceding track Trancesetters - Secrets Of Meditation (Shi-Take Mix) :D

• 2 weeks later...

If you like Union Jack, check this. It's a collection of tracks on Platipus records. probably one of the best compilations. Almost all of the tracks have to do with Simon Berry, of Union Jack. This is pretty much a showcase of his work. there are some pretty well known goa artists in there, Technossomy and MWNN, as well as another outsider, Robert Miles, (personal opinion alert!) whom I kind of have a distaste for. But over-all, definitely not a bad track on there.:)