mimesis-art imitating life

murphythecat

It sucked...

Honestly I never gave it a chance since I didn't reckon it deserved it- But I should pick it up again and see if things have changed <_<

oh! and now I'm stepping to the stars!

it sucked?????????

if this sucked, i have a hard time thinking of something that doesnt suck, or it means that you dont have enough big speakers, its so intelligent, smart, the ambiant melodies look a bit like the solerfields ambiant songs but even better, yes the melodys r better than solar fields, if he makes another album as good as this one, hes brillant, prodige! but dam listen to white, its perfect, as perfect as shpongle falls for god sake, it sucked? if you really thinks it sucked, well go having fun with abakus and rena jones, but this is above almost everything, it can not be more innovative and original

it sucked?????????

if this sucked, i have a hard time thinking of something that doesnt suck, or it means that you dont have enough big speakers, its so intelligent, smart, the ambiant melodies look a bit like the solerfields ambiant songs but even better, yes the melodys r better than solar fields, if he makes another album as good as this one, hes brillant, prodige! but dam listen to white, its perfect, as perfect as shpongle falls for god sake, it sucked? if you really thinks it sucked, well go having fun with abakus and rena jones, but this is above almost everything, it can not be more innovative and original

As stated earlier, I'll give it another chance, but at the time my conclusion was it sucked. And you can't surpass Solar Fields, that's a big nono :) (Being a fanatic fan) I'll give it a listen and come back to ya!

It still sucks and I'll tell you why, sure it seems very well produced with nice moods, soundscapes and so on...BUT the storytelling completely ruins everything, you can't concentrate on the sounds since you keep hearing his voice all the time. It becomes as some sort of audio book with ambient music in the background. No, not my cup of tea! Remove the voice and it might be an acceptable album.

lol, what are u saying, the voice doesn't ruin nothing, it makes the album even better, what the guy say is at the time really present but you can easily forget it and just being capture about the background insane ambiant(on 3 long song) an the melodies are more than acceptable, they r insane.

Okay I checked some samples on his myspace because I was interested...

...and the voice SUCKS Posted Image

No really, it does suck quite big time. As you compared it to Solar Fields I expected wonders, but this really doesn't come close. Not even remotely.

It's not that awful, you know, I didn't litterally chunder on the floor as the green smiley suggested, but it's really nothing special at all. And good ambient should be way, way better...

lol, what are u saying, the voice doesn't ruin nothing, it makes the album even better, what the guy say is at the time really present but you can easily forget it and just being capture about the background insane ambiant(on 3 long song) an the melodies are more than acceptable, they r insane.

learn to accept another opinion Murphy! Murphy's is not supposed to be bitter :ph34r:

as the great oscar wilde used to say; "life imitates art far more than art imitates life"

[/quot

thats ridiculous, you base your opinion on an album with the samples???? Look, its been 5 years im listening to electronic, and this one is impressive, whatever, go listen what you want, but dont judge an artist who make 15 minutes songs with a 30 seconds of samples, and sorry, but go look solar field samples, its sucks right??? you guys don't know whats the different between original good music and originality of every album, not because the quality of the sound is goood than the going and the soul and whats really electronic is about, for you it as to be first listening must be good, otherwise it sucks, but seriously,. the guy from psyreviews was the guys i respected the most in every reviews, and he said that this album makes simon posford aka shpongle,hallucinogen, look bad, ANd in my opinion, i just went listening to the best stuff from solar field,. and mimesis is something more important in my opinion, something never made before, and not only because of the voice, i dont even listen the voice, and you guys just hear the voice, whatever i give up, i just wanted to make you noticed one of the most impressive album i hear since a long long long time, what is the forum, i mostly hate it all, but this guys is something special, too bad for you if you cant appreciate it

thats ridiculous, you base your opinion on an album with the samples???? Look, its been 5 years im listening to electronic, and this one is impressive, whatever, go listen what you want, but dont judge an artist who make 15 minutes songs with a 30 seconds of samples, and sorry, but go look solar field samples, its sucks right??? you guys don't know whats the different between original good music and originality of every album, not because the quality of the sound is goood than the going and the soul and whats really electronic is about, for you it as to be first listening must be good, otherwise it sucks, but seriously,. the guy from psyreviews was the guys i respected the most in every reviews, and he said that this album makes simon posford aka shpongle,hallucinogen, look bad, ANd in my opinion, i just went listening to the best stuff from solar field,. and mimesis is something more important in my opinion, something never made before, and not only because of the voice, i dont even listen the voice, and you guys just hear the voice, whatever i give up, i just wanted to make you noticed one of the most impressive album i hear since a long long long time, what is the forum, i mostly hate it all, but this guys is something special, too bad for you if you cant appreciate it

Relax man, it's just an opinion. And I don't like it, music is one of the most subjective experiences available to man. If you like it and it's deeply touching and mind blowing to you, nobody is gonna judge you or think you are a moron or anything. And it's great you like it, and I understand you're situation but you need to realize that it's always impossible to make another person feel and experience you're own subjective experience. I've been trying to make people realize how great Solar Fields is for alot of people and many of them just think its "nice and relaxing" but I don't go rampage over that. What is enlightenment to you is something completely different for someone else.

Cheers

erik

Relax man, it's just an opinion. And I don't like it, music is one of the most subjective experiences available to man. If you like it and it's deeply touching and mind blowing to you, nobody is gonna judge you or think you are a moron or anything. And it's great you like it, and I understand you're situation but you need to realize that it's always impossible to make another person feel and experience you're own subjective experience. I've been trying to make people realize how great Solar Fields is for alot of people and many of them just think its "nice and relaxing" but I don't go rampage over that. What is enlightenment to you is something completely different for someone else.

Cheers

erik

i couldnt agree more and look, on this im kind of not thinking like you, ill explain why. A masterpiece is a masterpiece, so for me solar field is incredible and im able to say it even if i like more lets say shpongle, so mimesis is a masterpiece, so even if its not touching you, you should at least agree on the fact, cause its a fact that art imitate life is a masterpiece, its weird that comment is about trying to make me realize that the voice suck and the soundscape are normal nothing more???? because i lovve solar field, lot of respect, tons,i know that they kill ass, even i im not in love with it, im objective and really see there originality and talent, but if you come and tell me because of some samples or because of the voice, that you dont like mimesis, i find that its ridiculous, because you cant judge an album with few sample., i wish you would listen till you like it,and it would come eventually, cause at first i was like yeah its fuck top but i wasnt sure, but know, its obvious, mimesis album is undeniable fuckin awsome. But i respect you, its just that if you would give it a good whole album listening,. you will see that its complettly unique and not some normal soundscape, cause of course a soundscape is a soundscape, but men, mimesis is one whole fuckin crazy soundscape. whatever,listen to what you listen, but its crazy, you like solar field and you dont luike mimesis, i found it strange.

happy music

jason

i couldnt agree more and look, on this im kind of not thinking like you, ill explain why. A masterpiece is a masterpiece, so for me solar field is incredible and im able to say it even if i like more lets say shpongle, so mimesis is a masterpiece, so even if its not touching you, you should at least agree on the fact, cause its a fact that art imitate life is a masterpiece, its weird that comment is about trying to make me realize that the voice suck and the soundscape are normal nothing more???? because i lovve solar field, lot of respect, tons,i know that they kill ass, even i im not in love with it, im objective and really see there originality and talent, but if you come and tell me because of some samples or because of the voice, that you dont like mimesis, i find that its ridiculous, because you cant judge an album with few sample., i wish you would listen till you like it,and it would come eventually, cause at first i was like yeah its fuck top but i wasnt sure, but know, its obvious, mimesis album is undeniable fuckin awsome. But i respect you, its just that if you would give it a good whole album listening,. you will see that its complettly unique and not some normal soundscape, cause of course a soundscape is a soundscape, but men, mimesis is one whole fuckin crazy soundscape. whatever,listen to what you listen, but its crazy, you like solar field and you dont luike mimesis, i found it strange.

happy music

jason

It's not about making you realize the voice sucks, it's there opinion! And hehe, I'm gonna throw one at you, you can NEVER see something objectively, you can try but you'll never succeed. The only one being able to see things "truly" objectively is to me God. And if it would be a masterpiece it could only be told after many years and see what impact the album had on society or evolution of culture and so on.....:) To me Solar Fields is a masterpiece, but in the future when we can look back, only then can we see if it truly was a masterpiece. Someone might listen to some street musician in a third world country and be thinking that it's a masterpiece, but is it? Only in his subjective view, cause the impact that musician had on a large scale would be vanishingly small. ...and then there's that theory about a butterfly flapping it's wings on one side of the earth creates a tornado on the orher...so what do we know? nothing really..

It's not about making you realize the voice sucks, it's there opinion! And hehe, I'm gonna throw one at you, you can NEVER see something objectively, you can try but you'll never succeed. The only one being able to see things "truly" objectively is to me God. And if it would be a masterpiece it could only be told after many years and see what impact the album had on society or evolution of culture and so on.....:) To me Solar Fields is a masterpiece, but in the future when we can look back, only then can we see if it truly was a masterpiece. Someone might listen to some street musician in a third world country and be thinking that it's a masterpiece, but is it? Only in his subjective view, cause the impact that musician had on a large scale would be vanishingly small. ...and then there's that theory about a butterfly flapping it's wings on one side of the earth creates a tornado on the orher...so what do we know? nothing really..

euuuuuuuuuuuuuhhhh, all right mate!

Murphy, chill :)

but dont judge an artist who make 15 minutes songs with a 30 seconds of samples

The Kuala Lumpur sample is over 5 minutes long ... the rest over 3, so I think I have a bit of a right to base my opinion on it...

And if not, well, I still do it, so you should live with it...

you should at least agree on the fact, cause its a fact that art imitate life is a masterpiece

That's an opinion, not a fact. You must be able to distinguish between the two.

im objective

No, you are most likely not :)

Unless you studied music and totally focus on techniques and that stuff and exclude every last bit of emotion.

Which you don't. You got all stirred up because somebody else said something different.

whatever,listen to what you listen, but its crazy, you like solar field and you dont luike mimesis, i found it strange.

Well, I don't like the voice. That's how it is. It's not awful music, I just dislike the voice. Thus I won't buy the thing. That's it. Good for you if you like it. Good for me if I can steer clear of it.

And everybody's happy ^_^

you think your some god connaiseur of music, your pathetic with your little intelligent sentence, im sick of all you little i know electronic music, and this is not good, lol, and whats wrong with rena jones? everything!

she's hot

• 3 weeks later...

i really enjoyed this album. nothing ground breaking though but very nicely done. i even liked the voice but i would definitely have a different opinion after several listens ! but i can't call this a masterpiece. if i don't focus on the voice it's far from being a masterpiece among ambient releases and in story telling i prefer Archive - Lights....still it's definitely an interesting release

ps. leave rena alone :angry: