saw sunproj..i mean infected mushroom

thorn726

so friday i went out and saw the infected mushroom gig here in SF and well all i can say is

what happened to those guys??

wow that was not trance. I pretty much stayed upstairs where they did some decent psy all night, and kept going down and seeing if the massively overcrowded Infected room sounded any better but every track was the same- screaming guitar, bald dude ?singing? and doing all that "get the crowd in a ruckus" stuff.... it was really sad.

I mean if they want to be rock stars ok cool, lots of the people there seemed to be enjoying the hell out of it but

THAT WAS NOT PSYTRANCE. just go on tour with Def Leppard and get it over with!

otherwise an EXCellent party considering it was at THE mainstream club, still a great overall vibe, the psy djs did us right,

Random did a supposedly live performance not sure how "live" it was but his stuff is sounding pretty damn good these days.

Dr Spook of course tore it up in the main room after Infected finished whatever you want to call their set and he was as usual excellent but i do have to of course throw some crap at the flyer=

"San Francico's TOP DJS"? uh even if you are (maybe one of but not the), really cheesy to say so on a flyer.... don't be a gil Spook....

Spook is a helluva performer though, does a good job mixing great tracks and running the visuals at same time and of course the behind the decks theatrics get the kids going, got to love it..

Yeah, i had a feeling i wasn't really going to see Infected Mushroom but on the off chance they had improved, I didn't want to miss it. At least the promoters do bring in lots of other talent to go with them so it was still a great party but I definitely never care about seeing them again.

SAD because the first time - UNREAL< aMAZING- actually like the first three times i saw them, so wild.. All down hill ever since.

so friday i went out and saw the infected mushroom gig here in SF and well all i can say is

what happened to those guys??

wow that was not trance. I pretty much stayed upstairs where they did some decent psy all night, and kept going down and seeing if the massively overcrowded Infected room sounded any better but every track was the same- screaming guitar, bald dude ?singing? and doing all that "get the crowd in a ruckus" stuff.... it was really sad.

I mean if they want to be rock stars ok cool, lots of the people there seemed to be enjoying the hell out of it but

THAT WAS NOT PSYTRANCE. just go on tour with Def Leppard and get it over with!

otherwise an EXCellent party considering it was at THE mainstream club, still a great overall vibe, the psy djs did us right,

Random did a supposedly live performance not sure how "live" it was but his stuff is sounding pretty damn good these days.

Dr Spook of course tore it up in the main room after Infected finished whatever you want to call their set and he was as usual excellent but i do have to of course throw some crap at the flyer=

"San Francico's TOP DJS"? uh even if you are (maybe one of but not the), really cheesy to say so on a flyer.... don't be a gil Spook....

Spook is a helluva performer though, does a good job mixing great tracks and running the visuals at same time and of course the behind the decks theatrics get the kids going, got to love it..

Yeah, i had a feeling i wasn't really going to see Infected Mushroom but on the off chance they had improved, I didn't want to miss it. At least the promoters do bring in lots of other talent to go with them so it was still a great party but I definitely never care about seeing them again.

SAD because the first time - UNREAL< aMAZING- actually like the first three times i saw them, so wild.. All down hill ever since.

so what is with the s.u.n project title

do you dare even put them in the same catagory as those demon mushys????

they may have stared away from their roots and do the guitar thing but come on

so what is with the s.u.n project title

do you dare even put them in the same catagory as those demon mushys????

they may have stared away from their roots and do the guitar thing but come on

ha ha ..... i wondered if anyone would take offense at that...... i really dont have any idea what sun project is like anymore i saw them in like 99 here and we all thought the guitars might be a cool addition to the trance and .......... they weren't... at least not then. If Sun Project is pretty good these day well sorry to put them in with what was infected mushroom

ha ha ..... i wondered if anyone would take offense at that...... i really dont have any idea what sun project is like anymore i saw them in like 99 here and we all thought the guitars might be a cool addition to the trance and .......... they weren't... at least not then. If Sun Project is pretty good these day well sorry to put them in with what was infected mushroom

Comparing SUN Project from 99 to IM today is an insult to both groups :lol:

UNREAL< aMAZING

If it wasn't amazing then it never deserves the term Unreal, it also doesn't deserve the term odd ... it was just crap :P:)

IM is very connected to the word "crap" in my brain anyway ... and your experience strengthens the bonds and bolts.

And I'm again SO HAPPY I still got to see them before tha Superviz0r album back then ... that was already almost five years ago ^_^

They came again to Vienna, last year I think, but that time in a big commercial clubbing hall ... with VIP zone where you can enter if you pay more - already when I read that on a psy party it makes me gag Posted Image ... that's not shanti, that's über-commercial moneymaking shallowness, because don't think you can even see the artists from a distance in the VIP ... not that I wanted to, but still.

Needless to say I saved the 30 Euro that the crap would have cost me already in the basic version (it would've been more because of drinks and train tickets) for good...

Apparently it was worse visited than expected because this event called "Electric City", which was intended to become periodical, IM being the kickoff sorta, never took place again. Mission successful ^_^

If it wasn't amazing then it never deserves the term Unreal,

uh, not sure what yer getting at, i think you misread my poor use of the > symbol....

to clarify the first few times Infected was AWESome. but since around 01 - not...

YEAH- supervisor- now every track has bald dude doing that vocal nonsense... (sorry i never have figured out which guy is which)

i would say i didn't quite waste $30 (the other djs/performers were excellent)- but IM did add at least $10 if not $15 to the admission and that much was wasted. They really don't deserve any more money from psytrance fans if they aren't gonna play psytrance!! wtf!

get off our circuit!!

uh, not sure what yer getting at, i think you misread my poor use of the > symbol....

you are right, I misread :lol:

I get all wushy when I read the word "Unreal" somewhere, you know :wub::rolleyes:

Nevertheless, what IM are doing now, is nothing else but crap :P

you are right, I misread :lol:

I get all wushy when I read the word "Unreal" somewhere, you know :wub::rolleyes:

Nevertheless, what IM are doing now, is nothing else but crap :P

what for you is crappy, makes another man happy ;)

what for you is crappy, makes another man happy ;)

yeah, unfortunately :rolleyes:

The first time I saw Infected Mushroom in Paris back in 1999, I had one of the best parties in my life, they blew the dancefloor awayand caused so much damage and heat that the bouncers had to open the safety doors to let some steam out ! That summer, their tracks were played everywhere, I mean....everywhere...Marvellous times.

Then I saw them 4 times in 2000-2001, twice in Paris, twice in London and it was good, yes burt each time a little less good than the previous time. DJs were keen on playing their tracks still...but not since as far as i know.

Then I saw them in the FullMoon festival in 2006. That was a disaster. I hadn't bought any Infected release after BPEmpire, and it reminded me why. What a shame...the same as you felt, Mr. thorn726.

What a shame Erez wastes his youth making such shitty music with lousy co-workers. I mean...if what IM does can be considered as electro-pop, it must be cool. Which means it's the good type of music for the wrong crowd...or the contrary, who knows ? And I can also perfectly understand it's more lucrative and easy to make this kind of music for a broader audience, than top-notch uplifting psytrance.

However, if the guy would make (real) Psytrance again, it would make me the happiest guy. Else, my advice is to use his skills into something really bigger, like movie soundtacks for example, or even different kinds of music, with real singers and a real band, I mean.

Erez, please, if you read me, make us dance, or make another crowd dance, but stop this masquerade...thanks.

yep, over last weekend at another party even the promoters were agreeing with me infected belnogs on a rock circuit rather than trance these days but for now they have the $$/promo to get clubs and we'lll just ride along in the other room with real trance when they do.... sad really/

Yeah old infected is long gone.. kind of sad actually, i mean Erez is one talented composer. Perhaps they are inspired by Daft Punk or something today, but at least Daft Punk dont got that bad english that mr Duvdev has.. he sounds like borat :blink: who ever convinced him he could sing did a mistake.

And as Jon Cocco pointed out in one of his reviews of an Infected Mushroom album i also agree on that it was quite cool when they had som fucked up voices as an effect carefully placed out in some parts of their tracks, kind of like ornaments.. but it all went way wrong on that track: I Wish, from the Converting Vegetarians album.. then the Skazi remix on that same track lol that was some of the worst shit i have ever heard i think.. from there it only went downwards IMO.

However their old tracks still sounds fresh and nice when i listen to them today, my fav tracks by them must be: Symphonatic, Montoya (Remix), Return Of The Shadows.. wich has a very nice sinister style and the track: Classical Mushroom that wasnt on the album with the same name for some strange reason.

I saw them in Perth, Australia a couple of months back and would have felt very gypped if it hadn't been for some good X and a cool DJ called Outrage who came on after and gave us some good D&B.

I spent most of the IM set outside because I didn't want to be moshing with metal heads. But when Outrage came on the metalheads left and we got to do some serious dancin'. :)

Then I saw them in the FullMoon festival in 2006. That was a disaster. I hadn't bought any Infected release after BPEmpire, and it reminded me why. What a shame...the same as you felt, Mr. thorn726.

What a shame Erez wastes his youth making such shitty music with lousy co-workers. I mean...if what IM does can be considered as electro-pop, it must be cool. Which means it's the good type of music for the wrong crowd...or the contrary, who knows ? And I can also perfectly understand it's more lucrative and easy to make this kind of music for a broader audience, than top-notch uplifting psytrance.

However, if the guy would make (real) Psytrance again, it would make me the happiest guy. Else, my advice is to use his skills into something really bigger, like movie soundtacks for example, or even different kinds of music, with real singers and a real band, I mean.

Ah yes, that was the first time I saw Infected. Bloody embarassing! I remember laughing and booing because I couldn't believe my ears, and there was this old English dude that caught my eye, and he told me 'if I wanted to see a good rock show, I'd go and see Metallica, but this is just bad!'

And he was right.

Bashing IM does get old, but why attempt to sing when you know you can't sing? And it appears that it's not even the right music for the wrong crowd ... I always felt like a minority disliking IM's liveact. Same can be said about 1200 Mics, which was probably the worst show I've ever seen, but the whole crowd (and I mean E V E R Y B O D Y ! ) loved it. Incredible.