Psychaos!

exotic

What a fine goa artist. Very underrated tho. Whatever i have heard by joti sidhu (the name sounds very indian) is fantastic. I was going through the distance to goa and destination goa series. Some amazing work this artist has conjured up!

http://www.discogs.com/release/50967

Blasting comp!! :posford:

Tracks like free radical, keyboard window and mad lane and are top notch IMO.

Havent heard his album 'New Sensations' . Looks very full-onish. Is it like the goa he produced back in the day?

Cause And Effect is one hard album, havent given it appropriate listen, only to some tracks here and there, must say it is good :)

ps. never thought of psychaos as underestimated and unknown producer, dont know, maybe its just me, but those couple of tracks if mentioned are so powerful and unique on their own way that i doubt someone who has heard of him perceives it as underrated :D

I have an album from 01 i cant read my writing so im trying CDDB.........Electronic Uncertainty

not bad at all, been listening to it for years.

some day ill get some newer stuff, geez my collection is dated

Joti underrated? I don't think so.

He's a Psytrance legend all these years.

Anyway, this guy was way ahead of his time. Go listen to the Psychaos track back from 1995, one of the best tracks ever made!

Another masterpieces are Perception Of Reality, Keyboard Widow, Flexual, Sonic Chemist and Free Radical!

I don't like his sound too much. A few nice tracks but overall not on the bar with the best.

e. What the f... I thought when writing this? Shame on me.

Psychaos early old school tracks are some of the best in the whole genre, no doubt.

Joti Sidhu/Psychaos has released a lot of great tunes over the years. He has progressed from raw acid-driven Goa trance to techno-oriented psytrance and on to Ibiza-style full-on. His more recent material is rather fungible, but he still belts out a good tune every now and then. Some favourites of mine:

OLD SCHOOL

Perception Of Reality

Intellect

Psychaos

Keyboard Widow

Chaos To Order

Free Lemonade Remix

Future Rocks

Reality Hack

Off Limits (with Tim Schuldt)

PSYTECH

Acidica (Live)

Mad Lane

Flexual

Esoterical

Sonic Chemist

Electronic Uncertainty

Spinner

Juice

X-N-Trick

DJT (with Tim Schuldt)

Black Eyes

The Player

Creative Anomaly

Down Pusher

Punktuator

Chaos To Order (Remix)

FULL-ON

Party Animals

Long Long Arms (with Simon Posford)

Acid Music (with Earthling)

Looking through his discography I find that there are still a good 12 or 15 songs I haven't heard (mostly newer stuff on Spun Records and such)... surely there will be some good ones not on this list. And, as you can see, I really enjoyed his techno-oriented mid-period. Not everyone will though.

Joti Sidhu underrated ? :lol:

He is one of the very first goa trance producers, starting back in 1993, with Simon Posford and Dino Psaras on Dragonfly label.

He has been releasing numerous goa singles in the past before his incredible Cause & Effect masterpiece.

And, yes, Basilisk made pretty accurate list of his singles. Shame he started producing full on nowadays.

I am surprised how one indian haven't been aware of their true and original producer, born in England though. :unsure:

Guest antic

What a fine goa artist...

Havent heard his album 'New Sensations' . Looks very full-onish. Is it like the goa he produced back in the day?

Yes, he's a genius and his old stuff is wicked - hard, twisted and psychedelic.

The last album you mentioned was pretty weak, but do check Puntuator - it does have couple of awesome tunes! In fact all tunes are great until the last one with Eskimo, but the ginger boy can ruin everything so there's no surprise really... My favourites are 2, 3, 5 and 7.

Joti Sidhu underrated ? :lol:

He is one of the very first goa trance producers, starting back in 1993, with Simon Posford and Dino Psaras on Dragonfly label.

Ive never heard people speak of him as much as they speak of simon posford ,taking psynews as a benchmark. Infact i just discovered that psychaos = joti sidhu , i had no idea. i always thought of joti as full time into full on. I consider him underrated compared to posford who i think is far too overrated. having not heard of his album 'cause and effect' mosdef makes him underrated. he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

Guest antic

Ive never heard people speak of him as much as they speak of simon posford ,taking psynews as a benchmark. Infact i just discovered that psychaos = joti sidhu , i had no idea. i always thought of joti as full time into full on. I consider him underrated compared to posford who i think is far too overrated. having not heard of his album 'cause and effect' mosdef makes him underrated. he deserves a lot more credit than he gets.

That's a generalisation. People don't talk much about Cosmosis, Doof, GNOTR, Shakta or Total Eclipse either, but still no one denies their deserved place in goatrance' history - the same with Joti / Psychaos.

And your lack of knowledge does not prove anything ;):D

Psychaos/Joti Sidhu has (and rightly so) plenty of street creed in the psy trance world. And as others have pointed out, he has a long pedigree by the scene's standards.

We don't speak much about him nowadays because he has done not anything special in last few years and, frankly speaking, may not do so again.

Pedro

Joti underrated? I don't think so.

He's a Psytrance legend all these years.

Anyway, this guy was way ahead of his time. Go listen to the Psychaos track back from 1995, one of the best tracks ever made!

Another masterpieces are Perception Of Reality, Keyboard Widow, Flexual, Sonic Chemist and Free Radical!

+1

I don't like his sound too much. A few nice tracks but overall not on the bar with the best.

says the one that worships goatfart :P

Total Eclipse-Free Lemonade (Psychaos remix)

Best remix ever!

Good one indeed, first one i ever heard from total eclipse, i wish all their tracks were like that :P:)

unfortunately no

check PSYCHAOS - CAUSE AND EFFECT album

I totally forgot, or maybe all together missed he made and album under the psychaos alias :o damn! I like like a lot of the compilation track I have w him, so I guess I need to check it out!\

I find his new stuff boring though... heard him live too, boring!

Total Eclipse-Free Lemonade (Psychaos remix)

Best remix ever!

I agree this one is marvellous.

It took me a long time to understand Cause and Effect, but I like it very much. However, EP & compil tracks released before are all killers.