oldschool at boom

Quazzi

I'm going to boom this year but i've been disconected from the scene for some time now so i don't know what's going on. The only contact i've been with it is thru the psytrance radios (chromanova, etc) wich i listen from time to time. I notice that it has become very popish, with lots of vocals and looooooot's of movie samples, wich i really hate i've to say. I would like to know wich acts at boom still play trance with that oldschool melodic feeling that's i listened back in the days.

http://www.boomfestival.org/boom2008/arts_.../dancefloor.php

Thank for your time :)

• Like 1

As far as i can see from the lineup, none does.. but hey i could be wrong im not to familiar with all names there.. how ever i think you picked the wrong festival if you want old school :D

This year? None

Last time? None

The time before? None

wrong festival my friend... if you want old school melodies only Belgium, Sweden and Israel seem to be valuable options... And next year Hungary... but you'll hear more about that soon I guess :D

This year? None

Last time? None

The time before? None

wrong festival my friend... if you want old school melodies only Belgium, Sweden and Israel seem to be valuable options... And next year Hungary... but you'll hear more about that soon I guess :D

I still have hopes for Boom 2010 :)

This year? None

Last time? None

The time before? None

errr.. that wasn't exactly what you were telling me when trold was playing last time, although you thought it was transwave. anyways, both of us werent too sober at that perticular moment so wtf =)

r u coming this year or are you off to finland?

quazzi:

there's a lot of fairly unknown groups on the line up so far. i wouldnt put my hopes up too high, there is definitly some thruth in what jos says.

but then again you wont find out unless you check it out!! last time i had the best dance at the sacred fire, its all instrumental there but i swear that music got a lot closer to the 95-98 sound than everything on the main dancefloor!!

hope to see u there =)

I doesn't have to be old school, it can be stuff like talpa, filteria, infected (old ones) and stuff. Just the ones you think aren't going to play theis late pop trance <_<

Boom is not usually a big-time purveyor of pop trance (although there have been a few horrible exceptions over the years). So, you don't have to fear for pop trance.

At the same time, as it has already been pointed out - old style psy-trance is not what is usually being dished out either (thank god!).

But there will be a wide enough variety of psy-trance (and a bit of other genres too!) to keep most of us entertained.

At night-time the music in 2006 did seem to go overboard on the dark side - that is perhaps my only concern. Although, others would disagree with me and claim that the night music was the highlight of the festival.

Recommended.

Pedro

Note: After four years of typing away in the psynews.org, I have finally earned enough posts to become a happy mushroom. I do sprout slowly...

Pedro

r u coming this year or are you off to finland?

well, Trold was the most old schoolish they went last year... Transwave was a joke... :)

Anyway, this year no boom, I will be doing nothing in the mountains between Spain and France around that time... 3 weeks of only nature and no trance... Will I survive? Afterwards I will go to Greece for Aurora... That's my summer :P

Anyway, this year no boom, I will be doing nothing in the mountains between Spain and France around that time... 3 weeks of only nature and no trance...

Afterwards I will go to Greece for Aurora...

:druel:

nice one dude!

Filteria is playing at Aurora in Greece this year, this is 100% oldschool. And Hallucinogen, Pleiadians, and a bunch off others as well, and they usually play rather melodic :)

If you want Goa you should go to Ozora Festival this year! Omg, their line-up is totally wicked! :ph34r:

Im going to boom because of the whole "boom experience" thing. :clapping: :posford:

I guess you will be badly dissapointed, you really think people like BPC play goa trance? Even 3 years ago it was very progressive already when he played at my party (maybe a few goa influenced tracks)

Most of the "old goa masters" don't mind anymore, if you want goa these days, only trust the new generation :)