Infected Mushroom and Youtube

Ormion

I was watching some random videos on Youtube when I checked IM-Becoming Insane and saw that it has over 4 million views!

I felt that this is sad that a crappy track like that got so many views, but soon I realised that their classic track Psycho has almost 2 million views!

That's both bad and good IMO. Good cause Psycho is a REAL Psytrance track that represents both old school and more new sound and although popularity can kill the quality ofa music scene (IMO) a track like that can show to some outsider what REAL psytrance is.

From the other hand if you check the comments you'll notice that many outsiders (ppl unrelated to the psy scene) think that Psycho is a great track-which it is- but also Becoming Insane!

They refer to both tracks as Psychedelic Trance! I don't want ppl to believe that Pop Psy like Becoming Insane has anything to do with Psytrance at all!

I'm afraid of the consequences. Random ppl going to parties to listen Rap 'n' Psy? This is the future of our scene? Hell no!

But once again seeing ppl love Psycho maybe motivating them to check other Psy classics like Transwave, Simon or Etnica which is eventually good.

Discuss

I agree with you. I wouldn't want the psytrance scene evolving into something horrid if enough people started consuming that kind of material. Yet, at the same time I would love people to get more exposed to psytrance roots and such.

We lost the name years ago. Psychedelic trance sections in record shops are filled with Skazi, Tube & other acts that are in no way psy-trance but label themselves as it.

The music is still there, it's just time for a re-branding :wank:

Well its not a new phenomena that some tracks gets very popular on youtube and lots of other places. There are videos of cats doing random stuff that probably has more views then the above mentioned video by infected mushroom, the ammount of views is by no means some seal of quality. In this case its the result of easily digested music that appeals to a broad public and the work of good promotion from infected mushrooms label, and not to forget the hard work from the musicians them selves over the years IMHO. Because its not like this becoming insane track is like some one hit wonder they made.

I agree with you. I wouldn't want the psytrance scene evolving into something horrid if enough people started consuming that kind of material. Yet, at the same time I would love people to get more exposed to psytrance roots and such.

already there.

It's too late allready, if you haven't figured it out.

hehe

We lost the name years ago. Psychedelic trance sections in record shops are filled with Skazi, Tube & other acts that are in no way psy-trance but label themselves as it.

How about PSYELECTRONICA? :D

The fact is that IM's brand prospers in spite of what you, the "elite psytrancers" think, and in the mean while Psy-Trance goes straight to poopers. While 2007 was a bad year, 2008 is going to be even worse. Even my MP3 folder has only one album from 2008 and needless to say I haven't bought any Psy Trance album this year.

:drama:

who is this skazi?

is he good :huh:

At work now and am listening to some of their old material like Cat on mushroom and Psycho Live and I don't mind them doing a rap album with Duvdev on the mic and Dali on verses. They've done their share to enrich my lousy life. They can do whatever their wallet tells them to do, I still got BP Empire and all the big hits from their good times. :posford:

I was watching some random videos on Youtube when I checked IM-Becoming Insane and saw that it has over 4 million views!

I felt that this is sad that a crappy track like that got so many views, but soon I realised that their classic track Psycho has almost 2 million views!

That's both bad and good IMO. Good cause Psycho is a REAL Psytrance track that represents both old school and more new sound and although popularity can kill the quality ofa music scene (IMO) a track like that can show to some outsider what REAL psytrance is.

From the other hand if you check the comments you'll notice that many outsiders (ppl unrelated to the psy scene) think that Psycho is a great track-which it is- but also Becoming Insane!

They refer to both tracks as Psychedelic Trance! I don't want ppl to believe that Pop Psy like Becoming Insane has anything to do with Psytrance at all!

I'm afraid of the consequences. Random ppl going to parties to listen Rap 'n' Psy? This is the future of our scene? Hell no!

But once again seeing ppl love Psycho maybe motivating them to check other Psy classics like Transwave, Simon or Etnica which is eventually good.

Discuss

Don't be too optimistic...

Your figures could also mean that 2 million people saw Becoming Insaneand thought it was so great that they watched it a second time and then they checked out Psycho and thought "what a crap" and thus watched the video just once :D

"Rap 'n' Psy" - "R'n'P" ... :lol:

But face it, that's how it will probably be.

More and more singing comes into psy.

Crowds are already almost like those on pop and rock concerts!

It's THE HORROR! :ph34r:

Don't be too optimistic...

Your figures could also mean that 2 million people saw Becoming Insaneand thought it was so great that they watched it a second time and then they checked out Psycho and thought "what a crap" and thus watched the video just once :D

"Rap 'n' Psy" - "R'n'P" ... :lol:

But face it, that's how it will probably be.

More and more singing comes into psy.

Crowds are already almost like those on pop and rock concerts!

It's THE HORROR! :ph34r:

xenomorph brings the future. gothic psy. (hissy vocals included)

Psycho Psy classics like Transwave, Simon or Etnica

exactly 20 hours ago i was playing all of these in front of 200 ppl and they all loved it! (party with agneton live and ephedra live)

highlight was of course psycho, played during nightfall, such an intense trip!

next week: virtuel vojege +1

Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Funny. In the early 90's you could hear the same kind of reactions from old hats of the Goa scene, complaining about the disastrous aftermath of the first Goa LP released in Europe, attracting "fake" goaheads on the Indian shores. "This is the future of our scene? Hell no!"

Some things never change in this world. ;)