3. Sectoid

4. Waves from the crypt

5. Gyroball

6. Death Monsture

7. Scratches

8. Intoxicated

9. Aries Madness

Samples

That’s the third album by Psyfactor and the second dance one.

Here we have a very nice atmospheric dark album that really stays away from the stereotypical dark sound of the last two years.

All then tracks are powerful and energetic, but I would call this ‘’a gentle powerful album’’.

There’s no random madness, or over-the-top heavy beats, instead the tracks build very nice with some scary gothic-ish pads and nice melodic lines floating over the kick and the bassline.

The high filtered, chainsaw styled synths are here again, giving to the album a schizofrenic attitude.

All tracks are top notch, but my favorite is Sectoid, a really scary fairytale reminds me a bit of the LOS-Otherside.

Other great tracks are Scratches a dark track filled with eerie sounds and very haunted pads, Waves From The Crypt and Intoxicated.

The production/mastering is AAA and don't be confused by the cover there's no satanistic samples inside ;)

Overall that’s a great album, one of the best dark psy of 2008.

It’s highly recommended to anyone interested in dark psytrance with a melodic touch and some chilling moments.

8/10

• 3 weeks later...

I cry myself to sleep every night over the fact that Psyfactor choosed to abandon the chillout style after his superb Endless Universe.

He didn't abandon it. His second ambient album is at works! :) :posford:

an ambient tracks are all complete for new ambient album...but in Ajana records started a traffic problem - 2 artists before me... so i really hope that Mouka will take me in this year not 2009 well anyway it will out for sure - the music is still Space melanholic but more breaks there) 11 tracks, each not more then 8 minutes)) hehehehe no more long tracks))

i dont stop to make night psytrance and ambient music so far)))

an ambient tracks are all complete for new ambient album...but in Ajana records started a traffic problem - 2 artists before me... so i really hope that Mouka will take me in this year not 2009 well anyway it will out for sure - the music is still Space melanholic but more breaks there) 11 tracks, each not more then 8 minutes)) hehehehe no more long tracks))

That's all I wanted to hear! :posford:

Actually, I wanted to hear this as well, since the breaks truly make his music stand out. Check out the second part of Molecular Design, for example, absolutely beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 14 years later...