Best ambient floor ever

RTP

You guys, you guys...

Last night I was on a party and experienced the best ambient/chill floor ever. And really, it probably was!

This party was held in a planetarium and they opened the observatory dome for the guests (they normally never do this). And they played pure ambient there! It was sooo cool ... I assume you guys have been to planetaria already, you know, this biiig dome where they can project the star constellations on with a huge projector device. And they switched it on! It was like sitting on the starlight deck in a space station, to watch this big star dome that showed a big part of our milky way galaxy and so many stars, rotating with an endlessly slow speed ... some cool ambient visuals flowing in from the sides sometimes as they put up rotating projectors ... and all that to an ultimae-style panoramic sound ... comfy seats ... AWESOME I tell ya! AWESOME! The best ambient floor I have ever been to ... I mean, I haven't been to many yet, but I think it's not easy to top this, isn't it?

Man...

Unfortunately they closed it at 5 <_< ... and I was really pissed off about that, because what are you supposed to do after such a massive panoramic chill session - go to the fullon floor? Ridiculous. But still ... I'm so happy I have been there ... it was sooo cool...

wheres the pics sport?

I'm sorry, no pics. I guess you know how a planetarium looks like :P ... and if not then it's time to go to one :)

Besides you wouldn't have seen anything it that almost-darkness anyway ... and photos with flash would have been cruel to everybody in there.

It was undoubtedly the best ambient experience I had so far apart from smoking Shisha to CBL's Hydroponic Garden.

I now want to rent that planetarium just to put some of my Ultimae CDs in and listen to them ... I mean, this was so great...

Are there other locations that great for ambient music? A real sky full of stars maybe, but you almost never have a view that good, besides you must be out of the city to have no light sources near that dim the star light...

Gothic buildings such as churches must be awesome locations aswell ... in the french town Guebwiller there's such a location called "Les Dominicains de Haute-Alsace" ... and there they already had ambient concerts with Solar fields for example ( http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=tccKOgYFMZo ) ... looks awesome, but I wasn't there.

I'm even too stupid to attend these concerts around here. I missed Solar Fields as he was playing here ... and I also missed an ambient concert in a church once (that was Sunn O ... I could bite my ass for that :( )

Planetariums as chillout arenas are cool as cool can be B)

Failing that take you portable music player loaded with spacey chill out into the country on a summer's evening lie back on the grass & stare at the stars :ph34r:

Planetariums as chillout arenas are cool as cool can be B)

Failing that take you portable music player loaded with spacey chill out into the country on a summer's evening lie back on the grass & stare at the stars :ph34r:

Yep, I really really hope they are going to repeat that some time again ... they can even bring terrible Skazi music on the fullon floor, doesn't matter, I'll go there nevertheless just to chill in the planetarium :wub:

Well, see, that's the problem ... the sky is almost never clear and even if it was then it's difficult to find a good spot ... and "out in the countryside" is easier said than done.

they did this once here in Belgium, in a real planetarium, with all ambient acts

really cool ... have you been there?

You know what's interesting? The combination, that once man becomes calm, relaxed and chilled to ambient music - or even without - the best stuff that fits visually is sights of masses and masses of stars, galaxies, the endless universe ... nothing terrestrial like a forest or such (I mean, that fits aswell, but not in that extent, you know - at least in my opinion) ... I guess it has something to do with where we came from and where we will return to ... in a way ... don't you think?

I'm getting huge south park flashbacks... :D

I don't get that :huh:

really cool ... have you been there?

well, i just saw on formik's myspace they had to cancel the event because of a lack of presales

i myself couldnt attend this one, as i didn't have time back then

but i think i should write them about postponing it or something, and then do some publicity for them myself :-)

these are definately initiatives/ideas that should be supported imo

well, i just saw on formik's myspace they had to cancel the event because of a lack of presales

i myself couldnt attend this one, as i didn't have time back then

but i think i should write them about postponing it or something, and then do some publicity for them myself :-)

these are definately initiatives/ideas that should be supported imo

lack of WHAT?

goddamn, it's a Platetarium, IT CAN'T FREAKIN' GET BETTER THAN THAT!

If not even this event sells enough tickets to actually come up for the costs to organize it, I abandon my hopes for ambient gigs altogether :(

lack of WHAT?

goddamn, it's a Platetarium, IT CAN'T FREAKIN' GET BETTER THAN THAT!

If not even this event sells enough tickets to actually come up for the costs to organize it, I abandon my hopes for ambient gigs altogether :(

well, they probably didnt have the budget to risk major losses, and the rental-price of the planetarium probably costed heaps

i'm assuming something like that

well, they probably didnt have the budget to risk major losses, and the rental-price of the planetarium probably costed heaps

i'm assuming something like that

Yeah, I bet renting the Planetarium here wasn't cheap either ... although they sometimes rent it out for parties (I can somehow sense they got a bit monetary problems), but they never allowed people to rent the dome room until last time (there hasn't been an ambient floor till that night).

But it was combined with a big (fullon <_< ) party, so the guests there also paid the rent for the dome room with their entry fee...

I think that's - on the long run - the only way not to make a loss.

Yeah, I bet renting the Planetarium here wasn't cheap either ... although they sometimes rent it out for parties (I can somehow sense they got a bit monetary problems), but they never allowed people to rent the dome room until last time (there hasn't been an ambient floor till that night).

But it was combined with a big (fullon <_< ) party, so the guests there also paid the rent for the dome room with their entry fee...

I think that's - on the long run - the only way not to make a loss.

well.. i think this one was more of a concert than a party.. u know a musical event, not a dance event :)

well.. i think this one was more of a concert than a party.. u know a musical event, not a dance event :)

Even better and even more cool :) ... but well, you see how well the tickets for it obviously sold <_<

It's sad, but if they had made the ambient standalone here, without the party connected to it, I assume just as few people would have come :(

In a SP episode they go to a Planetarium where they brainwash them to think it was the most awesome ever. :P

Haven't seen that one yet ... wouldn't even have found it cool before that experience though :D

I'm getting huge south park flashbacks... :D

You love the plane'arium! The plane'arium is your life! To not think about the plane'arium will bring you icky pain!!

:lol:

• 1 month later...

I HAVE BEEN THERE AGAIN!

Absolutely wonderfully amazing :wub:^_^

I'm for a law that every citizen of this country must visit a planetarium ambient session at least once a month! Would make our society a lot more chilled :rolleyes: