Dark Goa

Redington

definition of psychedelic:

• Fantastic, metaphysical and surrealistic subject matter

Kaleidoscopic, fractal or paisley patternsBright and/or highly contrasting colors

Extreme depth of detail or stylization of detail.

Morphing of objects and/or themes and sometimes collage

Inclusion of phosphenes and other entoptic motifs

Repetition of motifsInnovative typography and hand-lettering, including warping and transposition of positive and negative spaces

well yeah.. just referring to the content of psychedelic art ;)

Psychedelic art is art inspired by the psychedelic experience induced by drugs such as LSD, Mescaline, and Psilocybin. The word "psychedelic" (coined by British psychologist Humphrey Osmond) means "mind manifesting". By that definition all artistic efforts to depict the inner world of the psyche may be considered "psychedelic". However, in common parlance "Psychedelic Art" refers above all to the art movement of the 1960s counterculture. Psychedelic visual arts were a counterpart to psychedelic rock music. Concert posters, album covers, lightshows, murals, comic books, underground newspapers and more reflected not only the kaleidoscopically swirling patterns of LSD hallucinations, but also revolutionary political, social and spiritual sentiments inspired by insights derived from these psychedelic states of consciousness.

I would have posted sooner, but I was at my uncle's for a BBQ most of the day. MMMMmmmmm good chicken.

Anyway, I refer to it as "Dark Goa' because that's pretty much what my friend called it. I guess you could say it's darkpsy but I'm not entirely sure. He would play stuff from a private internet radio station named Mindkiller (at the time) and he called it "dark goa". I think there was some Hux Flux in there. He also played some Juno Rector, well Mutant Message anyway. He didn't play all "dark goa" but majority of it was. I just wanted to find some of that again.

I still like psytrance though. No doubt about that. But I guess, I have an... urge... to get some of that dark, "hardcore" shit again. By "hardcore" I don't mean necessarily the high tempo beats and weirdo sound affects, just dark... as dark as you can get it.

Space Tribe - The Future is right now

MFG - Project Genesis

Tandu - Multimoods

UX - Ultimate Experience

Tim Schuldt - Single Collection

Planet BEN - Trippy Future Garden

Cydonia - In fear of a red planet

Infected Mushroom - the Gathering

i am with nemo, i dont like any of the above but from what i can smell is that this dude is looking for, i guess he might just want some general raeccomendation of modern dark psytrance (the psychotic russian stuff) and i suppose these are.. i heard a few tunes of these artists and well, not for me.. grapes of wrath are insane madness i can agree but definetely mindfucking stuff.. why is there this vibe again? is the exact opposition of the values of the spiritual goa trance.. is hard, evil and with a lot of twisted sick sounds to get you in a kind of state of agressivity ad anxiety, do u people really like it ?

peace for the wicked

I know this is a mainly psytrance forum but what about dark goa?

Does anyone listen to it at all? What are some good ones? Edit: I'm talking about the hardcore dark stuff.

I used to have a friend that played it a lot and I got hooked on it. But now I'm not in contact with him anymore so my dark goa listenings shriveled up to zero basically. So does anyone like it dark?

I've never heard any Goa track that qualifies as "hardcore dark". That term makes me think of Winter Demon or something.

If you want Darkish Goa try MFG - Project Genesis or Cydonia - In Fear of a Dark Planet. But Goa never really get purely Dark.

There is one track I heard though which might qualify

Tim Schudlt - Pretty Poison

Also Transwave - Phototropic has this Skazi-esque guitar distortion thing in parts.

I remember some 10-12 years ago when I swapped some dats with Matt Boom that I got some tracks that were pretty much very hardcore, and psychedelic as well. BPM range 150+ can not remember the names of the tracks, and I think most of them were never released. Good news is though, I still have the tapes, and I will check some time when I am in Sweden :) I know one track for sure was on that tape : Battle of the Future Buddhas - Domestic Bliss, did not like it then, do not like it now :D

I also guess you could check out Early BooM! Records or Schlabbaduerst :D

Well, so far I haven't had much luck getting a-hold of certain artists I wanted that were suggested here. But I have gotten Infected Mushroom's The Gathering and it doesn't seem dark enough. Although, I do like the album a lot. It's just not the kind of dark I'm looking for if that's considered dark.

That and I don't have too much money to waste on music atm. <_<

Well, so far I haven't had much luck getting a-hold of certain artists I wanted that were suggested here. But I have gotten Infected Mushroom's The Gathering and it doesn't seem dark enough. Although, I do like the album a lot. It's just not the kind of dark I'm looking for if that's considered dark.

if u want real dark trance, i could hook you up on some, just drop me a PM ;)

but i personally find most goa not dark enough

and the true "Dark Psy" sounds too much like schranz to me

if u want real dark trance, i could hook you up on some, just drop me a PM ;)

but i personally find most goa not dark enough

and the true "Dark Psy" sounds too much like schranz to me

you mean Schwanz :lol:

• 3 weeks later...