Dark Goa

Redington

I know this is a mainly psytrance forum but what about dark goa?

Does anyone listen to it at all? What are some good ones? Edit: I'm talking about the hardcore dark stuff.

I used to have a friend that played it a lot and I got hooked on it. But now I'm not in contact with him anymore so my dark goa listenings shriveled up to zero basically. So does anyone like it dark?

Probably but... what is it?

good guestion

When I hear the term "Dark Goa", I'm thinking of something like Battle Of The Future Buddhas...

When I hear the term "Dark Psy" I'm just thinking "not again... <_< "

Anyway, get Gappeq - Speaker Seeker.

and i think dark goa aint really dark music ;)

Of course it is darker music in the mood, thing is i think this whole new dark-psy style has destroyed the word "dark" because now if something is dark people simply associate it to this high tempo non sense crap with random noises, the old dark goa was something else.. it often had substance and a story in the track, talking melodies.. at least if we are talking about UX, Slide, Darshan, Psychaos MFG, etc and to some extent i also think Hallucinogens tracks had a darker/mystic vibe to it.. overall i think the old uk goa was darker.

Of course it is darker music in the mood, thing is i think this whole new dark-psy style has destroyed the word "dark" because now if something is dark people simply associate it to this high tempo non sense crap with random noises,

and of course not all new dark psy music is high tempo nonsense with random :blink: noises..

that's maybe what my grandma woud say.

Of course it is darker music in the mood, thing is i think this whole new dark-psy style has destroyed the word "dark" because now if something is dark people simply associate it to this high tempo non sense crap with random noises, the old dark goa was something else.. it often had substance and a story in the track, talking melodies.. at least if we are talking about UX, Slide, Darshan, Psychaos MFG, etc and to some extent i also think Hallucinogens tracks had a darker/mystic vibe to it.. overall i think the old uk goa was darker.

well yeah, everything i heard so far, containing the "DARK" label wasn't really dark imo

sure some oldschool goa like UX has a certain depth that meets dark music, but to call it dark (imho).. not really

but i get your point anyways, and don't necessarily disagree :)

and of course not all new dark psy music is high tempo nonsense with random :blink: noises..

that's maybe what my grandma woud say.

To me it is :)

if you want what some people are calling "darkpsy":

my favorites:

Furious

Kulu

Psykovsky

Polyphonia

Kraft

Metallaxis

Bodhisatva 13:20

Alien Mental

Grapes Of wrath

Syntax Error

Quasar

Fractal Cowboys

Dronebixie

Mussy Moody

Onkel Donkel

Atriohm

Annoying Ninja's

Hallucinogenic Horses

Derango

Kindzadza

i like to call the genre hardpsy...

my favorites:

Furious

Kulu

Psykovsky

Polyphonia

Kraft

Metallaxis

Alien Mental

Grapes Of wrath

Syntax Error

Quasar

Fractal Cowboys

Dronebixie

Mussy Moody

Onkel Donkel

Atriohm

Annoying Ninja's

Hallucinogenic Horses

Derango

Kindzadza

ONKEL DONKEL :lol: :lol: :lol:

I dont like any of the above. :(

I'll subscribe with the German connection there.

X-Dream/Delta and all their bastard children

And also the Swedish night acts like Hux Flux, old Logic Bomb and more.

And of course, Sandman, the king of the night Goa.

my favorites:

Furious

Kulu

Psykovsky

Polyphonia

Kraft

Metallaxis

Alien Mental

Grapes Of wrath

Syntax Error

Quasar

Fractal Cowboys

Dronebixie

Mussy Moody

Onkel Donkel

Atriohm

Annoying Ninja's

Hallucinogenic Horses

Derango

Kindzadza

You have failed to mention any Goa artist in your list.

my favorites:

Furious

Kulu

Psykovsky

Polyphonia

Kraft

Metallaxis

Alien Mental

Grapes Of wrath

Syntax Error

Quasar

Fractal Cowboys

Dronebixie

Mussy Moody

Onkel Donkel

Atriohm

Annoying Ninja's

Hallucinogenic Horses

Derango

Kindzadza

this list is more dark psychedelic trance,

I think he's searching for dark tinted "goatrance",

goatrance what was dark within it's concept of time compared to all other melodic goatrance...

like indeed

ux

some space cat (1999)

cydonia

hux flux stuff

sandman

M.O.S maybe

tandu

slide

flying rhino compilations with darshan, slinky wizard should be your taste ;)

there aren't many I guess...

You have failed to mention any Goa artist in your list.

i am aware of that , thank you.

i was thinking that he maybe wanted psytrance names because of his edit

thats why i said IF you want darkpsy artists...

What are some good ones? Edit: I'm talking about the hardcore dark stuff.

my favorites:

Furious

Kulu

Psykovsky

Polyphonia

Kraft

Metallaxis

Alien Mental

Grapes Of wrath

Syntax Error

Quasar

Fractal Cowboys

Dronebixie

Mussy Moody

Onkel Donkel

Atriohm

Annoying Ninja's

Hallucinogenic Horses

Derango

Kindzadza

i am with nemo, i dont like any of the above but from what i can smell is that this dude is looking for, i guess he might just want some general raeccomendation of modern dark psytrance (the psychotic russian stuff) and i suppose these are.. i heard a few tunes of these artists and well, not for me.. grapes of wrath are insane madness i can agree but definetely mindfucking stuff.. why is there this vibe again? is the exact opposition of the values of the spiritual goa trance.. is hard, evil and with a lot of twisted sick sounds to get you in a kind of state of agressivity ad anxiety, do u people really like it ?

i am with nemo, i dont like any of the above but from what i can smell is that this dude is looking for, i guess he might just want some general raeccomendation of modern dark psytrance (the psychotic russian stuff) and i suppose these are.. i heard a few tunes of these artists and well, not for me.. grapes of wrath are insane madness i can agree but definetely mindfucking stuff.. why is there this vibe again? is the exact opposition of the values of the spiritual goa trance.. is hard, evil and with a lot of twisted sick sounds to get you in a kind of state of agressivity ad anxiety, do u people really like it ?

U have a point certainly but that's not the case will all of that stuff .

certain artists like derango or Psykovsky or Electrypnose or Procs can put u in very mystical states as well..

The aggresive&anxious etc stuff is a face your inner demons kind of stuff.. Unleash all the negative vibes through hard dancing ... IMO.. :)

So it can be certainly 'spiritual'...

I get tired of the psychotic style too, plus it has become way too generic & formulaic & uninspired..

certain artists like derango or Psykovsky or Electrypnose or Procs can put u in very mystical states as well..

The aggresive&anxious etc stuff is a face your inner demons kind of stuff.. Unleash all the negative vibes through hard dancing ... IMO.. :)

So it can be certainly 'spiritual'...

+1

i've noticed when people talk of goa (not the ones that are hardcore goa freaks) they usually are referring to psytrance or its other variants like full-on or darkpsy. so i wont be suprised if redington was referring to the evolved goa sound.

artists like derango , psykovsky , ghreg on earth ,gappeq and silent horror definitely fit the bill (hardcore dark stuff) ;)

grapes of wrath are insane madness i can agree but definetely mindfucking stuff.. why is there this vibe again? is the exact opposition of the values of the spiritual goa trance.. is hard, evil and with a lot of twisted sick sounds to get you in a kind of state of agressivity ad anxiety, do u people really like it ?

hmm i must disagree, the artists i posted are far from evil and agressive! mindfucking? yes.

the opposition of spiritual goa trance? i think these artists have way more to do with the old goa vibe then some random pop-trance artist... and what is the meaning of psychedelic again??? ψυχή (psyche), and "manifest," δήλος (delos)... mindchallenging, and thats what this music is al about

if you are talking about a random killaa harcore 200bpm "psy"trance artists i agree...