DUB, Experimental recommendations

PsyGoatDelic

I've recently got the compilation Dub Planet (planet dog / Mammoth records), there is a track on this compilation of Full Moon Scientists, it was combination of Dub and Experimental and I got sucked into it really bad :) I've ordered their albums and still waiting for them to arrive,

can anybody recommend me of some interesting experimental dub, also some psychedelic dub (sorry for the weird definition)

These should be the obvious choices for psydub:

Ott - In Dub

Ott - Blumencraft

For more expiremental stuff (haven't heard the track you mentioned, so it is probably much a much different style, since 'experimental' is a vague concept) you may want to check out (samples first, though):

Kukan Dub Lagan - Life is Nice

For more traditional (psy?)dub, I can recommend:

VA - Youth - A New Chapter In Dub Vol.2 - The Secret Language Of Ordinary Objects

Pitch Black!!!

Check out their myspace for some tunes and also moshcam for a complete live recording on one of their sets.

Also, (sorry I'm gonna kind of hi jack your thread here ;)) I've really been digging the more upbeat dub stuff from the likes of pitch black and red seal. Most of the dub i have in my collection is aimed towards the chill out, which i also like, but I'd really like to find some more dubby stuff that has enough energy to make you want to DANCE (and preferably with a psychedelic edge to it to). The best example of this I have found so far is pitch black's big trouble upstairs/house plus (can be seen/heard on the moshcam vid), where you get a sort of dubby-trance hybrid. So any recommendations along these lines would be greatly appreciated :)

try any one of the first three albums by Pole, simply called 1, 2, and 3, or yellow, red and blue

also, the first album by Kit Clayton is worth checking out, and Burnt Friedman and the New Dub Players.

These last albums come from the label ~scape, owned by Pole (the first guy I mentioned) which often deals in dub/IDM crossovers.

I love psydub :)

Here's my favourites:

• Dream Lab - Suspicious Minds (Easily Embarrassed Remix)
  • Gargoyles - Evil Do'ers
  • International Observer - Welcome
  • International Observer - Vale Bengali
  • Kuba - Making U Sadly
  • Kuba - Serious Bug Situation
  • Kuba - Road To Find Out
  • Kuba - Give it Time (Indian Summer Mix)
  • Kuba - But Your Dreams May Not
  • Ott - Scilly Automatic
  • Pitch Black - South Of The Line
  • RND - Morose Dub
  • Shpongle - Around The World In A Tea Daze (Ott Remix)
  • Umberfold - Neon Tetra
  • Vibrasphere - Fuzzy Vibes
Check out Easily Embarrassed - Idyllic Life album too, great album with a couple of great dub tracks.

try any one of the first three albums by Pole, simply called 1, 2, and 3, or yellow, red and blue

also, the first album by Kit Clayton is worth checking out, and Burnt Friedman and the New Dub Players.

These last albums come from the label ~scape, owned by Pole (the first guy I mentioned) which often deals in dub/IDM crossovers.

Where can find one this Pole?

• 4 weeks later...

If you like psychedelic music and dub, here is a shortlist of the most psychedelic dub artists from France, and France is where its at, at the moment...

-High Tone - Start with the album Acid Dub Nucleic and carry on from there :)

and their collabs like WangTone, Highvisitors, Kaltone...

-Kaly Live Dub

-Lobe Raidant Dub System - Echo Chamber Oddysey (put this album on, crank the volume up and just wait for an audio meltdown)

-Brain Damage - Always Greener on the Other Side

-African Head Charge - Visions of a Psychedelic Africa

-Zenzile - Sachem in Salem

and more of an electro infused dub

Ez3kiel and L'oeuf Raide comes to my mind

El Brujo is right.

Although I REALLY CAN'T stand the search engine, cause I know for a fact that there have been several topics like this one before, with A LOT of good recommendations.

Damn that shit. :angry: