Psytrance in YOUR countrey

2kijad

Great scene in Funland! We have a few bigger party organizers who really put in a lot of effort. I like suomisaundi and well, you can guess what they mostly play here. :) Even the full-on DJs seem to have better than average taste and you don't have to witness awful full of breaks sets so often.

Forest parties are very well thought thru. If they're legal, the organizers contact the authorities to make sure everything's fine. Illegal parties are somewhere so deep in the forest police really doesn't even bother...

Example of tonite's party: The organizer makes the bar owner to pay the PA and promises lots of people buy drinks to cover the costs. All the artists come to play for fun and ask zero cash. Therefore: the damage is 0 euros to get in. :)

And what you'll hear is goa, good full-on, progressive... like in the rave days when it was just about hearing great music and having good time all the time. :)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Lemmiwinks, I don't agree, there is heron for 25 euro, 3 stages, what about that ?

although goa is highly present in Belgium I don't have the feeling our scene is contaminated by the profit-making virus

as you describe it...

we have great artists and line ups booked every year...

yes there still are a handfull of organizers who bust their asses to give us quality stuff for little euros, thank God for that... but you have to agree that they are a minority in today's scene :) and BTW even if Heron is relatively cheap by today's standards it still is 50% more expensive than a festival from 2000... ok we had inflation since then but not 50% ;)

who are you to judge, 80% of the people maybe actual like goa @ a party but don't like listening at it @ home,

I have a lot of friends let's >90% where's that the case,

and you can take drugs everywhere, there are plenty of drugscénes,

don't think if you don't like goa you only go to take drugs, I couldn't stand it for a minute...

I get your point don't get me wrong, but your vision is as usual ;) to black/white tinted,

seek for the grey zone my friend :)

LOOOOL and just why do you think they like goa @ a party but don't like listening at it @ home...?

yes there still are a handfull of organizers who bust their asses to give us quality stuff for little euros, thank God for that... but you have to agree that they are a minority in today's scene :) and BTW even if Heron is relatively cheap by today's standards it still is 50% more expensive than a festival from 2000... ok we had inflation since then but not 50% ;)

LOOOOL and just why do you think they like goa @ a party but don't like listening at it @ home...?

if it's for the drugs they can take drugs at home too you know ...

Psytrance in my country...

Hmm it's really hard to define since i haven't been out much (17 years) will not get you very far.

officially there's about 5-6 parties a year (that i know of) other wise it's relatively quite underground (i don't go out much)

my brother said that most psy-trance parties he's been at where either private underground parties, after parties or/and some clubs playing it, but that was back in 1999 - 2003.

So most of the time, there are no dj's, but psy-trance seems to gain more ground, (it's coming up again) slowly but steadily.

Music wise.. it's hard to buy cd's at record shops - even the bigger ones only have a few cd's which either is old stuff like "Infected Mushroom's - Classical Mushroom" or goa you might call "dance" (Oforia)

but lately i've seen more cds than i used to see 1 year ago.

most of the music i buy is through the interwebs.

of all the people i know, perhaps 100+ i only remember 3-4 people listening to goa.

To conclude: Denmark isn't a very "psy-trance" friendly country.

but drugs are supposedly very easy to get a hold of, even though christiania has been shut for almost 4 years.

Sounds like when I still lived in Sweden hehe. They even started this thing called "The Rave Comission" which was special police the infiltrated parties. I was busted 4 times making parties, 3 of them I told the Police to fuck off, and they left, as it was private property, 1 of them I was convicted for, as I "Broke into" the land that we were using. Party was closed down at 1PM and had been going on for 14 hours :D

I was interviewed by the local paper AT the party, and they asked me "So, on these rave parties, are there drugs?" and I said "Well, I guess, but I also guess you will find more cocaine at the local rock bar in town"...(I had taken Acid and had WAY too much beers when they interviewed me hehe) Best outdoor we ever made :) Line UP: Dara Lee, Psyko Disko, Drop and me of course :)

hehe nice :)

What about swedish underground forest parties btw? Do they exist or it's a myth, psychedelic trance deep in the forest, closer signs of civilisation being some km's away ? ;D

Well here in greece there are a lot of parties, most of them full-on & commercial & expensive though, and some dark too.. Some free parties take place at unis too, but generally the whole scene (as in crowd/listeners/organizers etc) is getinng worse all the time, since long ago.

Psytrance has become more widespread, but much much les PSYtrance... :\

There are still some parties worth going from time to time though :)

in belgium a lot depends on the parties you choose to go to, smaller parties still have the friendliest crowds :)

we are lucky indeed to have this much choice in parties of different styles in psytrance.

in my opinion most of the organisers here still give parties cause they like partying, the money makers are a minority, not the other way around. and even they shouldn't be judged that hard, they make parties possible with line ups you can't realise with low budget parties in low budget locations. if you don't like these large raves, don't go ... there are plenty of smaller parties too, you won't have to stay at home for more then one week in a row. on these smaller parties you'll find the "real freaks".

greetings from belgium !!!

if it's for the drugs they can take drugs at home too you know ...

hehe that might be true for Es and mary janes, maybe even mushies but once you're talking lsd it's much harder to find if you don't go in special places. Also everything in a psy party is made to enhance your psychedellic experience (the music, the artwrok, the people, the fact that it lasts until 9-10AM which is more or less the time you come down...), you just can't get the same experience at home or anywhere else IMO. Anyway I just wrote my initial post to express my personal views on the scene in Belgium, I'm not here to argue, you are free to believe whatever you want to believe ;)

Time_Trap: What about swedish underground forest parties btw? Do they exist or it's a myth, psychedelic trance deep in the forest, closer signs of civilisation being some km's away ? ;D

Sometimes they exist, not so often these days... But when they do, you acctualy can dance with ogres, trolls and faeries. And of course the grizzlybears.:)

We swedish people have this nature all over so its not so special for us. For example I meet a deer just outside my house couple of days ago. he or she stood 5 m from me in 30 sec while eating grass. And I live 10 minutes with train from the south parts of Stockhom. This isn´t so common, it was a rare experience, but we have this marvelous nature just around the corner...

always thought belgium , sweden, germany and israel had a great scene..especially considering the number of hippies who have made arambol. goa their hometown..and not to forget the crazy japanese hippies..they are fun to be with..

btw arambol doesnt have big psytrance parties , but during the season time you can find some day parties by the arambol lake ...but arambol is a great hippie village..i like that place :)

Well, I am from Serbia (now you probably think that I am evil and bloodlusting :ph34r: , but assure you that you are wrong ;)) ), and here things stand quite confusing:

There are three bigger organizations, one of which makes parties relatively often, but it is full-on parties. These parties visit children and people because of which my country has bad image. The second organization is serious and a little better, but they make parties much less often, and a third began to xperiment with other genres (electro, eurotrance), which is actually quite cool. Also, we have a multitude of small organizations that mostly play dark, which is not my cup of tea. There is almost no 604 <_<

Sorry for my Tarzan english :rolleyes:

are you serious ?

heron hadn't the line up it had 3 years ago so come one,

you are a fool thinking they just come for drugs, there are better places to take drugs then a goa party crowded with people,

we do have something like "clubs", "dancings" other parties, ever heard of that....

in 2000 there were maybe one live act in a 3 day festival, ok senseblender really rocked but that was it, AND an exception,

dance a delic you had to pay also 25 euro's, and no way they offered what heron offered right now,

pffffffffffft

ah man I have the feeling there's no way having a discussion with you NEVER,

If I see you discussion with others, you just can't let it go...

you're right lemmiwinks, keep op spinning in your own world :rolleyes:

but I still respect you perspective, to bad for you men...

maybe you don't have entrance to the offer ? lot's of goaparties don't appear on the internet anymore,

the big ones yeah,

but the small ones don't, maybe that's why ? :unsure::unsure:

@ long ripps nice post, well said,

there's enough offer in Belgium, for such a small country...

long time no seen btw, how are doing ? ;)

respect (I tried :D ), koen

I don't like black guys being my drive bro , sorry no deal :ph34r:

is it tomoty leary on your pic? he is funny acid father)))

trance in my country is from israel and india))

kidding ;)

• 2 months later...

Psytrance scene in Bulgaria is very very poor. The parties are small, sometimes open-airs but they are the same. People who listen to Goa/Psychedelic Trance are only scorec of the people who listen to electronic music at all. The most played styles to the rare parties are Full-on and Dark Psychedelic. For people like me, who love Classic Goa sound, this is not so good. :)

In Belgium you are happy! Hahah!

In the United States, things have blossomed over the last few years. From west coast to central, from east coast to central. All across the US, there are organizations/groups who put on parties. The only problem is, most of them think charging 80 dollars for a 2 day event with only one kind of music is *worthwhile*. This would be like paying 250 dollars to listen to Hanson for a week. Would it be worth it? To some, sure, but to most, no. The dark psy phenomenon has taken the masses by storm. But there are a few far and between the dark psy masses that do love the original sound of psychedelic/goa trance before it split off into 350 dark psy, psy stomp, forest psy...whatever genres. This has been talked about before by me, and whatever....and whatever, but I do realize there's a lot more chill out being played at events now which makes up for the missing warmth of the psychedelic/goa sounds. In fact, I prefer the chill out stages. :-)

So in America, our economy may be falling, our infrastructure may soon collapse and we may be the most hated in the world, but our party scene for psychedelic events is constantly growing and getting bigger...and bigger....and bigger! I thought back in 1996 when I heard Juno Reactor and Astral projection for the first time...that the music would NEVER get by here, and even acid techno people mocked it [and they sounded so similar, almost!] But it's growing so much even the arrogant non loving fuck the world types [like myself :-)] are partaking in it bwahah! Really, it appeals to everybody here which is awesome. I actually like being around 800 people all drugged up on something. There's no hate. But then you put me in a room of 10 people all drunker than shit and 4 of the 10 want to beat the fuck out of each other. Weird huh?

I say dose the world for a day and have the moon turned into a monster of a speaker and just play psytrance for 24 hours, YEAH!

d