Psytrance in YOUR countrey

2kijad

well Im from Georgia where psytrance is not populised and psychedelic trance culture is not spread AT ALL. only few people listen to this music. tell us how it is in your countrey? how does psychedelic trance culture express itself in your countrey?

in clubs and open air we'v got only MINIMAL TECH and breakbeat patyes here because making psytrance party is full madness. no one should come :(

so tell us YOUR experiance, what made psyculture spread over there?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Sweden we have a little bit of everything i think scenewise, but its not always so easy to find the parties and often the cops find the parties first :blink: I think over here we have always had plenty of artists that are known world wide.. could be because we have a very good economy thus enabling almost anyone who wants, to dedicate them selves to electronic music production.

Computers and synthesizers are easy to get cheap. We also have some Swedish Synthesizer manufacturers like for example: Clavia who makes the Nord Lead series.. and tons of software manufacturers as well. And since there is winter here during most part of the year, people tend to stay inside a lot in front of the computer :D

cops find the parties first

what makes problems with cops? :unsure:

i guess the economic development is one of the main elements but other kinds of electronic music are well developed over here. for example idm: nikakoi, tba et.c are all geos

I live in Mumbai , India and here every party gets busted these days..we have really nice cops and journalists who make psytrance listeners sound anti-social and worse than terrorists.

but still, come november,the party scene goa starts with some commercial full on and shit 180 bpm darkpsy parties..

apparently skazi was touring india last week and charged rs.2000 for entry..

thats it..

what makes problems with cops? :unsure:

i guess the economic development is one of the main elements but other kinds of electronic music are well developed over here. for example idm: nikakoi, tba et.c are all geos

Well the cops often close the parties :) thats a problem..

I have no clue really why georgia is not so well represented in the psy genre.. i cannot really name one single artist from georgia :(

Anyways if you want something to happen, make it happen ;) organize some small parties with some friends or something.

yes i'v heard indian population has a problem withp sytrance partyes :(

well here it's ok about that, but noone likes psychedelic trance :angry: national problem lol

Anyways if you want something to happen, make it happen wink.gif organize some small parties with some friends or something.

sure, but that doesn't make change ;)

I have no clue really why georgia is not so well represented in the psy genre.. i cannot really name one single artist from georgia

fiery down, otory (ananta records) but they don't try to promote themselfves here because it's realy stpid to do that :D

I live in Mumbai , India and here every party gets busted these days..we have really nice cops and journalists who make psytrance listeners sound anti-social and worse than terrorists.

but still, come november,the party scene goa starts with some commercial full on and shit 180 bpm darkpsy parties..

thats it..

Totally, I'm from Pune and I agree that Indians 100% misunderstand electronic music. They know nothing about it and think electronic music=rave=drugs period. The media are only too happy to hype things up. There was this big bust in Pune a year ago which didn't help matters. As a result the scene here is non-existent afaik =| and we're or I am reduced to listening to psy at home :angry:

Btw a friend from Bangalore who went for Skazi said it was "surprisingly good"

thats it..

Sounds like when I still lived in Sweden hehe. They even started this thing called "The Rave Comission" which was special police the infiltrated parties. I was busted 4 times making parties, 3 of them I told the Police to fuck off, and they left, as it was private property, 1 of them I was convicted for, as I "Broke into" the land that we were using. Party was closed down at 1PM and had been going on for 14 hours :D

I was interviewed by the local paper AT the party, and they asked me "So, on these rave parties, are there drugs?" and I said "Well, I guess, but I also guess you will find more cocaine at the local rock bar in town"...(I had taken Acid and had WAY too much beers when they interviewed me hehe) Best outdoor we ever made :) Line UP: Dara Lee, Psyko Disko, Drop and me of course :)

Sounds like when I still lived in Sweden hehe. They even started this thing called "The Rave Comission" which was special police the infiltrated parties. I was busted 4 times making parties, 3 of them I told the Police to fuck off, and they left, as it was private property, 1 of them I was convicted for, as I "Broke into" the land that we were using. Party was closed down at 1PM and had been going on for 14 hours :D

I was interviewed by the local paper AT the party, and they asked me "So, on these rave parties, are there drugs?" and I said "Well, I guess, but I also guess you will find more cocaine at the local rock bar in town"...(I had taken Acid and had WAY too much beers when they interviewed me hehe) Best outdoor we ever made :) Line UP: Dara Lee, Psyko Disko, Drop and me of course :)

Nice line up, sounds like good times :)

Nice line up, sounds like good times :)

It was a really nice party :) The best visual effect was when the Helicopters hovered over the party with lights.... trippy as fuck! :)

It was a really nice party :) The best visual effect was when the Helicopters hovered over the party with lights.... trippy as fuck! :)

UFO Missions ;)

UFO Missions ;)

Dude, it was almost like that haha. Can you imagine? The party was called MoonCr8or and it was in this old Chalk mine hole in the middle of nowhere. It was like being on the moon, it was all white dust and a lot of craters, totally surreal surroundings. I have some photos, Ill post them :)

@ Nemo

I always thought sweden had a excellent scene since most of my fav acts like CBL, vibrasphere, ticon are from sweden..didnt know they had a seperate commision to bust the parties...

last month i was at a local psytrance gig in a club and suddenly the cops came in and started searching everyone ..fuck they came with huge van and all to get us arrested ..luckily they couldnt find any substance so they let us all go..

on the other hand there are these plush lounge bars and disc in mumbai where the bollywood junkies snort cocaine and drive around the city like mad pigs and the cops are very happy to let them off ..

it is always easy to arrest to bunch of hippies and get ur ass on tv rather than tracking the terrorists...sigh .

i dont know how the season this yr is gonna be in goa after last scarlett's murder and stuff like that..

anyway hoping for the best to happen.

@karan

i was too lucky to miss the pune gig but feel sorry for my friends who got arrested..that was a fuck all scene with the media making the most of it...

i remember the cops claiming that they seized 3 litres of LSD from the scene :lol:

cant stop laughing at their ignorance ..

@ Nemo

I always thought sweden had a excellent scene since most of my fav acts like CBL, vibrasphere, ticon are from sweden..didnt know they had a seperate commision to bust the parties...

last month i was at a local psytrance gig in a club and suddenly the cops came in and started searching everyone ..fuck they came with huge van and all to get us arrested ..luckily they couldnt find any substance so they let us all go..

on the other hand there are these plush lounge bars and disc in mumbai where the bollywood junkies snort cocaine and drive around the city like mad pigs and the cops are very happy to let them off ..

it is always easy to arrest to bunch of hippies and get ur ass on tv rather than tracking the terrorists...sigh .

i dont know how the season this yr is gonna be in goa after last scarlett's murder and stuff like that..

anyway hoping for the best to happen.

I do not know what it is like now though, it could have changed, but from what I have heard, its almost impossible to do any outdoor parties today. The special comity I do not know if they exist, but I guess they are. :( Ticon, Son Kite, Vibrasphere and the likes are getting mostly Club gigs though afaik at the moment... Which says a lot really. I remember the last time Son Kite actually played at an outdoor in Helsingborg, and heck, that party was busted as well. I think each and every party was busted in the end where I come from :/

The thing is, that if they would spend more time (like you said about the lounge bars) on getting into the clubs, they would bust far more people on drugs than on outdoor parties. I was at a club in Sweden 2 years ago, and my friend asked if I could score some cocaine for him, and I said that I dont know anyone, but that I would try. I took the first person (did not know him) that I found on the dancefloor and asked him if he had some cocaine, 20 minutes later I had some. That tells a lot, does it not?! Fucking stupid police men and government, they have no clue. Or they DO have a clue, but since the clubs are actually paying tax money, selling taxed booze they get off with having LOADS of drugs there.

Another funny fact was when I was in the UK, and a friend told me to swipe my finger across the toilette when I was in there (on the lid) and so I did. My finger was WHITE afterwards :lol: This was a normal bar in a small town in the midlands! :lol!

well Im from Georgia where psytrance is not populised and psychedelic trance culture is not spread AT ALL. only few people listen to this music. tell us how it is in your countrey? how does psychedelic trance culture express itself in your countrey?

in clubs and open air we'v got only MINIMAL TECH and breakbeat patyes here because making psytrance party is full madness. no one should come :(

so tell us YOUR experiance, what made psyculture spread over there?

mate you are LUCKY!!! Having no scene at all means that you can start over from scrap, your scene isn't contaminated by the profit-making virus. You can still have parties for fun and hire little-known acts. That's what the whole psytrance scene was all about before it got taken over by profit-making organizers who don't give a fuck about the quality of parties as long as they make money off it. In Belgium (I'm from Belgium BTW...) I remember a time when you could go to a 3-day festival with top acts and pay less than 15€. Ah those times are far-gone :(

In Sweden we have a little bit of everything i think scenewise, but its not always so easy to find the parties and often the cops find the parties first :blink: I think over here we have always had plenty of artists that are known world wide.. could be because we have a very good economy thus enabling almost anyone who wants, to dedicate them selves to electronic music production.

Computers and synthesizers are easy to get cheap. We also have some Swedish Synthesizer manufacturers like for example: Clavia who makes the Nord Lead series.. and tons of software manufacturers as well. And since there is winter here during most part of the year, people tend to stay inside a lot in front of the computer :D

oh I FINALLY understand why so many Swedes make music now ;)

Totally, I'm from Pune and I agree that Indians 100% misunderstand electronic music. They know nothing about it and think electronic music=rave=drugs period. The media are only too happy to hype things up. There was this big bust in Pune a year ago which didn't help matters. As a result the scene here is non-existent afaik =| and we're or I am reduced to listening to psy at home :angry:

Btw a friend from Bangalore who went for Skazi said it was "surprisingly good"

LOL that's how it is all over the World!!!

well, we can be lucky here in Belgium

Very vivid scene, between 2-4 parties every weekend within a range of 100 km... and all subgenres are active... most popular must be dark trance and old school goa trance at the moment, but progressive and full on have a crowd as well :)

Cops seem to think goa is ok lately, not many interventions, as long as you don't disturb the neighbours :)

In stockholm are the underground scene almost dead. In general are the outdoors parties commercial as hell. I remember these days, when you had to call 10 phonecalls to get some info about a party:)

I listened to the intervjue with the Suntripguys yesterday...And they sad that the Goascene In sweden is quite good. Hmm, we have some artists who make goa, Filteria, Ethereal, Diaks, Indica Project, Merlin for example, but they never plays at parties. We have two goa-djs in Stockholm I think, Ukiro an myself, but we don´t spinn so often, couse

everyone want Fullon and Dark, and maybe some electrohouse at the dawn in a marvellous forrest :huh:

Nemo: a curious question... When and where did you arrange parties in Sweden?

hmm yeah I think I should mention that the main question is just what do you consider "a good scene". Psytrance sure has a LOT more following now then it did 10 years ago but it's the QUALITY of the scene that's going down the drain. Personally I prefer the days when you only saw a handfull of freaks (the same at EVERY party lol) but the party itself was great rather than today when you get overcrowded parties but 80% of the people there don't know what psytrance is, they're just there because of the abundency of drugs...

well, we can be lucky here in Belgium

Very vivid scene, between 2-4 parties every weekend within a range of 100 km... and all subgenres are active... most popular must be dark trance and old school goa trance at the moment, but progressive and full on have a crowd as well :)

Cops seem to think goa is ok lately, not many interventions, as long as you don't disturb the neighbours :)

+1 from Belgium too,

@ Lemmiwinks, I don't agree, there is heron for 25 euro, 3 stages, what about that ?

although goa is highly present in Belgium I don't have the feeling our scene is contaminated by the profit-making virus

as you describe it...

we have great artists and line ups booked every year...

We are very lucky like jos says

imo ,how psychedelic trance is evolving in Belgium, the parties are still what you make of it,

ok we have some problems with the cops, but Belgium is so sophisticated considering the law,

it's not possible to stop a subculture... although they try...

and the fact we live in small country with a high population density, indeed the neighbours can be a problem,

what is normal, but still we don't have to complain,

take rhakti dei for example, 3 days goa in a neighbourhood open air, lot's of people living actual 300 meters from the festival...

don't know but that seems very tolerant to me...

hmm yeah I think I should mention that the main question is just what do you consider "a good scene". Psytrance sure has a LOT more following now then it did 10 years ago but it's the QUALITY of the scene that's going down the drain. Personally I prefer the days when you only saw a handfull of freaks (the same at EVERY party lol) but the party itself was great rather than today when you get overcrowded parties but 80% of the people there don't know what psytrance is, they're just there because of the abundency of drugs...

who are you to judge, 80% of the people maybe actual like goa @ a party but don't like listening at it @ home,

I have a lot of friends let's >90% where's that the case,

and you can take drugs everywhere, there are plenty of drugscénes,

don't think if you don't like goa you only go to take drugs, I couldn't stand it for a minute...

I get your point don't get me wrong, but your vision is as usual ;) to black/white tinted,

seek for the grey zone my friend :)

^^

+1