I'm looking for new (psy)trance

Flaringo

I posted this on another forum, but I might try here as well -- different forums, different replies! I hope you all don't mind, as it's a request thread.

Hi! About one month to two months ago I started listening to Infected Mushroom because a friend recommended it to me. I usually listened to death metal and other types of metal, but this was awesome stuff! I remember I used to listen to it ALL the time, and almost nothing but that for several weeks. After a while I got a little bored with them, so I went out and looked for some similar stuff. I learned that finding anything similar to IM is impossible, but I did however find a couple of artists I liked: Vibe Tribe and Bubble. I listened to three albums (Vibe Tribe - Wise Cracks, Melodrama and Bubble - Airless) for a little over a week until I got a tiny bit tired.

So here I am, looking for something new. I'd like something that isn't very "cheesy", but very melodic.

I don't know if this is the right forum section or even the right forum to be asking in, but I'll take my chances.

Thank you!

If you haven't heard neither Vibe Tribe nor Bubble, here's some songs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZetvSKolA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kxJqi8Q3xPU

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/msh/msh1cd001.html

Try old Pleiadians/Etnica :rolleyes:

You can find a few trax on utube:

Etnica - Starship 101

pleiadians - zeta reticuli

pleiadians - headspin

try also:

the muses rapt - spiritual healing

bizarre contact - peaches on the moon

hux flux - time slices

:-]

the first thing popping up in my mind when you mentioned IM was "Yahel" He makes some melodic (psy)trance as well. many would argue over it, but he makes somewhat the same kind of music as IM did before the Supervisor Album. You might allso try some of Juno Reactors older stuff.. he made some good things in the past, but for god's sake avoid the last two albums, it'll make you cry.

For now i can't come up with more. the Psy geeks will probably fill you in much better than i can :D

Oopie:

I didn't like the three first tracks all that much, they're very "calm", in a way... I'm not sure how to describe it. The three second tracks however, they're more the type of thing that I'm looking for, especially bizarre contact - peaches on the moon, I think. Thanks! :)

I'll have to spend some time listening to what you've all suggested, but I'll report back as soon as I have!

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it!

Headspin is "calm"???? :blink:

I'm not losing hope on you yet :lol: , and recommend you to check it again, try also Moon In Your Window, Etnica - Resistance, and, hell, even Pleiadians - Electra!

But from what I can deduce from the links you posted this indeed might not be the things you like. To be honest, the tracks you posted sound bad to me, but to each his definition of psy, and Trance.

SO I think that, as Caffein said, Yahel might suit your taste. Another great psytrance album is the Crystal Skulls series (Mystery and Secret of the 13 crystal skulls) by TIP World. I think that's the best "modern" psy I've heard yet (but I haven't checked alot). Try perhaps also Silicon Sound - Pure Analog.

I'm not losing hope on you yet :lol: , and recommend you to check it again, try also Moon In Your Window, Etnica - Resistance, and, hell, even Pleiadians - Electra!

But from what I can deduce from the links you posted this indeed might not be the things you like. To be honest, the tracks you posted sound bad to me, but to each his definition of psy, and Trance.

SO I think that, as Caffein said, Yahel might suit your taste. Another great psytrance album is the Crystal Skulls series (Mystery and Secret of the 13 crystal skulls) by TIP World. I think that's the best "modern" psy I've heard yet (but I haven't checked alot). Try perhaps also Silicon Sound - Pure Analog.

+1 to everything you just said! :D

Great minds think alike :D

SO I think that, as Caffein said, Yahel might suit your taste.

+1 to everything you just said! :D

Great minds think alike :D

You were mostly thinking about this part, didn't you? :D

You were mostly thinking about this part, didn't you? :D

neh, i meant the part about "Crystal Skulls series" and silicon sound - But i was not sure about suggesting them because it was suppose to be like IM

Yeah, you're right. I suck at describing music. And I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. What I'm searching for might be in a complete different genre, I have no idea.

I took a quick listen through Yahel - Journey Into the Unknown, and, well, I don't like saying this, but it sounded... ahh, I don't know... sort of repetitive in a way... and not as... uh... energic? as say Vibe Tribe. I have no idea if that makes any sense. I feel that it's leaning towards the more classic side of psy, very trippy and atmospheric (again with the music describing, it doesn't make any sense), like I guess it's supposed to sound, since it's psychadelic and all, while Vibe Tribe is more on the happy melodic I'll-make-tunes-that-get-stuck-in-your-head-so-you're-not-able-to-stop-listening-to-me side.

I have no idea if this makes any sense or will help anyone understand what I'm after at all, but at least I'm trying.

Thanks so far for your help, everbody! Again, I really appreciate it. I'm happy the internet's full of great and helpfull people like all of you!

I posted this on another forum, but I might try here as well -- different forums, different replies! I hope you all don't mind, as it's a request thread.

Hi! About one month to two months ago I started listening to Infected Mushroom because a friend recommended it to me. I usually listened to death metal and other types of metal, but this was awesome stuff! I remember I used to listen to it ALL the time, and almost nothing but that for several weeks. After a while I got a little bored with them, so I went out and looked for some similar stuff. I learned that finding anything similar to IM is impossible, but I did however find a couple of artists I liked: Vibe Tribe and Bubble. I listened to three albums (Vibe Tribe - Wise Cracks, Melodrama and Bubble - Airless) for a little over a week until I got a tiny bit tired.

So here I am, looking for something new. I'd like something that isn't very "cheesy", but very melodic.

I don't know if this is the right forum section or even the right forum to be asking in, but I'll take my chances.

Thank you!

If you haven't heard neither Vibe Tribe nor Bubble, here's some songs:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZSZetvSKolA

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kxJqi8Q3xPU

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/msh/msh1cd001.html

you want melodic but not cheesy,

very hard to find these days... but then again I experience bubble as cheesy...

well head's up, let's give a try

The Misted Muppets - from the legend

panick - lab o matic (maybe)

all yahel is cheesy btw, it's his trademark, but I like it, the older stuff...

euhm...

try the artist LOUD, principles of flight...

some old skool UX, space cat (1999)...

SO I think that, as Caffein said, Yahel might suit your taste.

Try his first album you might like that, the rest he has made is pure cheese is u ask me, but the first is really good!

If u want some melodic with a heavier drive I would recommend you some of Glowing Flame Record's releases... In particular Trold, tracks from Yudhisthira & Imaginary Sight.

If u want "dark" melodic try Battle Of The Future Buddhas or Ka-Sol.

Hey Flaringo :) considering what you enjoyed, seems like you enjoy good melodies, yet you prefer the modern day dynamic rolling basslines... so I'm kinda the wrong guy to tell as I'm old school to the bone. :)

Nevertheless...

My friend Intriga has made some great music you ought to enjoy...great melodies but with up-to-date production. :)

Intriga - a ghost story

http://d5.mikseri.net/m/9d8/100008006415/I...ost%20story.mp3

Intriga - Stupify

http://d4.mikseri.net/m/9f0/80005295597/In...es%20goa%29.mp3

Hey Flaringo.

I think maybe you listen to almost the same kinda tunes I do. I'm out for the unique outstanding tunes too, and yet not all confusing and random sounds/tunes.

I'm not a hardcore psytrancer myself as I've been on it for only a year now or so.

My favourite psytrance artist(s) of all time will forever be Vibe Tribe.

Here's my favourite tracks.

Vibe Tribe - Big Tasty (awesome bass, and the awesome unique sound at 3.13 exactly)

Vibe Tribe - Memories (unique sound at 2.26 exactly)

Perplex vs. Vibe Tribe - Meteora - Unreleased 2007

Vibe Tribe - Melodrama (awesome sound at 2.59)

Vibe Tribe - Melodrama (Intersys Remix) ------ ( 2.15 unique sound originally made by Vibe Tribe but strengthened by Intersys ) Ona da best dude

That's pretty much it for Vibe Tribe. I like the Stringadelic too.

Then comes other artists such as Bizzare Contact, Perplex and Astrix.

Astrix - Poisen (awesome melody at 5.23)

Astrix - Mescaline (good melody at 5.13)

Bizarre Contact - Terra Magica (awesome melody at 4.29. Lasts only around 30 secs.) If someone knows a track with the extension of that sound and melody I'd be very interested.

Bizzare Contact - Peaches On The Moon (listed already)

Bizzare Contact vs. Electro Sun - Visual Sunny Day (Part 2) (Long and kinda boring until 4.53. Rapes your skin!)

Perplex - Monterrey (this one is simple. Not any ground breaking sounds, but simple and psychdelic.)

Phanatic vs. Bizzare Contact - Numbers (This one is awesome. One of my favourites. Cool sound at 1.50 which gets repeated later on)

Now comes something which definitely will rock your sox if you haven't already been there.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=124428834

That link leads you to Vibe Tribe's myspace. Listen to In Core. That demo has the freaking most awesome sound you'll ever hear in your life. It comes at the end

and ends unfortunately rather fast. Can't wait for the third album :)

The one Called Destination Unknown is quite cool too. Rest is bad as for me.

Then there's Spade. Former Vibe Tribe. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=160651734

Unfortunately I think he has taken down his demos, but damn they rocked. I've ripped them though. You can add my msn releak@mail.com if you want to talk more psytrance and stuff.

And btw thanks for the links, suggestions and stuff here. I'll be looking into it too as I think some of them will apply to me.

Oopie: Thank you, I enjoyd those songs! Your friend is very talented. :)

Releak: Wow, great post! You really hit the sweet spot, this is exactly what I'm after! I've listened through most of the songs you listed, and they're all very good, even though Vibe Tribe's still my favourite! I'll check out the artists further tonight.

Oh yeah, and the new Vibe Tribe demo was great! I really can't wait! Do you know when they'll release the new album?

Again, thanks to everybody for helping, I appreciate it!

the new Vibe Tribe demo was great! I really can't wait! Do you know when they'll release the new album?

Vibe Tribe is now consisting of only Stas Marnyanski. The other dude, Elmar has gone solo under the name Spade.

Spade:

SPADE is leading by artist Elmar Ivatrov 22 years old, located in the sunny southern parts of Israel Elmar is a highly experienced artist, he has been taking an active role in the Vibe Tribe act, he was involved in the production of Melodrama CD (2005), and Wise Cracks CD (2006).

- Myspace

On Stas' (Vibe Tribe) myspace is written that he's working on the third album. Think it's been standing there for more than a year.

http://www.vibetriberecords.com/. "Coming soon". Yes, right. Has also been more than a year now I think. If not more.

You really should experience Spade too. I'll upload some of his demos somewhere later for you to listen.

P.S. Just tell me if there's some of the tracks you've problems finding. I'll help you.