Zolphinia - Utopia, OLDSCHOOL Goa-Trance album

digitoxin

===============================================================================

Phototropic Records presents:

Zolphinia - Utopia

===============================================================================

Posted Image

Release Notes:

This is the debut album of Zolphinia, a journey to Utopia. Zolphinia is known for his track on Jelly Marbles (Time Travel) and OiG 3 (Land of Gods).

Release Info:

Genre: Oldschool Goa-Trance

Tracks: 8

Playtime:87:29 min

Catalog#: PHTRCD04

URL: www.phototropicrecords.com

email: info@phototropicrecords.com

Release Date: 21.Jun.2008

Tracklist:

01 - Anunnaki (11:01)

02 - Mental Universe (10:13)

03 - Fifth Dimension (8:33)

04 - Planet Colour (10:40)

05 - Innerspace (9:21)

06 - Utopia (11:09)

07 - Land of Gods(Remix) (9:21)

08 - End of Society (7:11)

Credits:

Coverart by Vajra @ Buddha Mantra

Mastered by Digitoxin @ Phototropic Records

Ok, wanted to post this in the new releases section, don't know how it ended up here (i probably should't do this kind of stuff before the morning coffee kicks in). Well, if you want to review, thats the right place i guess :)

• 6 months later...

i've listened to the zolphinia album quite a few times now and i must say its not really what you'd expect from oldskool goatrance as it's a bit slower then what we are used to. However its own style of melodies i find pretty entertaining :)

it doesn't really has that extatic climax feeling or that very special emotional thrill, but in return it gives you smoothly floating tracks (which sometimes make me think of ethereal - whom i reeeeaaaally like ;)) and since its a bit slow, but still nice storytelling, it makes me think about the album "Zorba" :drama:

so, looking at the reviews i read here, imo people underestimate this album a bit... For me its not a dancefloor album, to me its perfect at home or in the car while driving :) easy to dream away ;)

• 2 months later...

Well, i really think that release worth more good comment because it s a solid and mature work into goa trance sound.

The freshness and the melody are there, favorite track are : Planet Color, fantastic sweet track, and Utopia

8.5 / 10