The marketing of FullOn music

mars

Hard to believe , but its on top20 charts in psyshop

http://www.psyshop.com/shop/Charts.html

:unsure:

I don't get what's so bad about that chart...

Audiomatic on 2nd place, yay! :posford:

No, it's being replaced by this:

This, on the other hand, makes me chunder right onto the carpet floor ... Posted Image

Yet most likely just this is the stuff that gets these overmotivated and exaggerated reviews ... I can already picture one of 'em in my head ... "massive achievement" ... "gigantomanic live gig" ... "music from the heart" ... yuck, I guess I have to chunder again...

But that's how it is, it's how it has to be. It was like this for years. "Never go buy one of those albums with these reviews that make it sound like the best of the best" ... it's a rule.

Bring the MAXIMAL back mother fuckers!!!!! :D

U want maximal?

Check out da video that Mike A posted!

Maxxxximal crowd r0x0r!

*vomits violently on the floor* Posted Image

At the sight of such pathetic makes-me-wanna-hang-myself-psy-music (hey, a new genre!) it's a relief to see these Psyshop charts, really, come on, admit it!

U want maximal?

Check out da video that Mike A posted!

Maxxxximal crowd r0x0r!

*vomits violently on the floor* Posted Image

At the sight of such pathetic makes-me-wanna-hang-myself-psy-music (hey, a new genre!) it's a relief to see these Psyshop charts, really, come on, admit it!

The music in Mike's video has nothing to do with maximal!!!

Pop full on IS minimal in a different way.

I want pure psy! :D

The music in Mike's video has nothing to do with maximal!!!

Pop full on IS minimal in a different way.

I want pure psy! :D

The maximum number of sounds that blend together & actually add to the music maximal?

The maximum number of sounds that blend together & actually add to the music maximal?

The IFO maximal ;)

hey, i'm just the messenger. please don't hang me. :huh: :huh:

Hey, I didn't say anything about you :)

BTW NP: Subra-Enchanter Of The Dunes. That IS maximal! ;)

I would also enjoy if there was released more maximal music... seems to come by rarely these days, or perhaps I'm not keeping up very good?

Full On seems to rely on two things: the rolling bassline which is ok by me. The 2nd is those really long, strecthed breaks where you wait 10-30 secs to get the bassline back...fuckin tiresome :rolleyes:

More layers, less breaks, thanks.

I like Space Tribe's full-on, they have some awesome acid tweerps and squeals, and never rely on the all too familiar bassline, nor do they use typical psy sounds.

I usually don't fancy bitching, but there's something worth ranting over in this thread, so...

I agree with Ormion, more than anybody else here.

The whole minimal aesthetic used to be fun. Yes, we got the kicks out of it, and yeah, we assimilated the whole less is more philosophy, but for fuck's sake!

Where's the energy?

Where's the rawness?

Where did all the pure power disappear?

Where's the wild out and get rowdy type music?

Sure I am happy that our predictions about the future of music back when we were kids actually came to be, but damn, if it goes any further in this direction, then hitting yourself with a pen across your forehead with rhythmic intervals will be considered an avantguarde electronic music composition.

I don't want more!

I want ... well, not exactly less, but ... more on a different level.

Seriously, the Psyshop charts are kinda right up my sleeve. Nice music that focuses not on intensity, but on creative use of elements and thus brings forth energy on a totally different level than other music does. I mean, I know what you mean, I fortunately had the possibility to experience oldschool magicka myself, but that stuff is so intense I can't bear to listen (or dance) to it more than one or two hours. It's also the same reason why I actually never put my Sky Input album into the player except if I got my headaches (Filteria cures 'em ... with phantastic closed-eye visuals, don't ask me how he does it!). IT'S TOO INTENSE! I already have enough intensity in life. I need a different kind of energy!

You know?