VA Chronika Chapter III (Boshke Beats rec)

soundmute

VA Chronika Chapter III (Boshke Beats rec)

http://www.boshkebeats.com

As I always follow up Boshke Beats releases, I also took this one, put in my stereo, and sat back. Play and go!

Many good, actually very good names on this CD make my expectation so big. So far, BB never let me down and this time the same thing happened. On my big pleasure.

1. Alic - Underwater Shufflemonster

It's about two really great producers from a well-known net label Digital Diamonds as owners. Sound that this project makes is pure style of Boshke Beats concept. From the very first beginning track starts with the sound that older generations could hear in many 2D games. I've spent many years, as a child, in front of many different game consoles, injected with that sound in my head so I can say that I feel some sympathy for that sound. When I hear this sound in some tracks its makes me feel, I don't know, some kind of happiness...

In addition, one of most interesting stuff in this song is rhythm, which has kind of two times slower tempo of bassline then kick. Color of bassline is typical electro old school, which is actually really great move from the producers' side. So much of the new technology in electronic music results with so much overacting in arrange of track and colors of sounds that main theme in track easily lose on simplicity and point of story in song/track.

This track holds that simplicity and point, which is the most important for my taste. Other elements I don't have to comment too much ‘because they fit in track like a hand in a glove! :-)

2. Midimiliz - The Missing Guest (Tony Rohr Rmx)

I don't know why this track sounds so familiar to me but it does. However, from the start of the track, kick and bass draw my attention really hard. Soft bassdrum and deep bassline is the thing that I like the most. Acid theme is great. I like stretching sound of synth. Honestly, in this track I need more hats and rim shoots, shallow percussion that can give the drive to the rhythm and complete the whole pleasure of techno meaning. Everything else is pretty cool.

3. Fuzzin - Free Tibet

Oh, now, see, this is not the classic style of this artist, according to his earlier works that I've heard. Elements of this track are actually great. Colors of samples and everything, just dynamic is not that much demonstrated. In one moment, everything goes powerful and suddenly, in my opinion, before it should, some elements that give that dynamic in track turn off and that slow me down.

4. X-Dream - March

WOooooooooohohooooooooooooo, I don't need to say anything here especial twice. Everyone who read my review of the new X-Dream EP knows how I feel about this track.

X-DREAM - March EP revire by Lara

Lately, Extrawelt was on the first place on the top of my artists, but after this release, it shares that place with X-Dream and The Delta, with new album definitely! Actually, in the last 10 years those 4 producers with all of they projects and from release to release, non-stop, change my decision about first place on my top artists list. And thank you for that haha.gif

5. The Rockitmen - Ego Tripping

So lets continue in same style of this V/A. A bit of electro breaks can be pretty refreshing. Maybe someone would say that they don't like when artists from compilation sounds similar, and as a matter of fact, I do. You can, kind of, have friendly tracks for DJ set, which is very great. This track is perfect for intro part of DJ set or even for middle of the DJ set, after high light moment, to put you on dancing level and prepare for the next few tracks, which will bring you in next euphoric part.

6. Metalogic - Road Rage

With this track, I would like to interlock with the previous track, in compositional way, of course. Very nice club drive. The exchange of the percussions and bassline, with delay stretching on the kick rhythm. I like that moments. Many artists use that kind of tricks, but most of them over force it.

7. Midimiliz - Format Phono (Fuzzion Revizzio)

Get back on wild part again. Definetly an excellent track. Fuzzion with this remix, I suppose, corrected impression on me in total!!! Great club energy presented through the sound. Very, very nice electro motives that he used in this track. Makes a pudding on dance floor for sure! UUUH! Perhaps, so far, the best one on this V/A!

8. Triple Distilled Vs Fuzzion - Midnight Circulator (The Delta remix)

I can express my enthusiasm ‘cause The Delta's back on tech scene! This is the rhythm that I prefer the most haha.gif Beside the rhythm, which is the most important thing for me in track, pads that I hear in this song have very nice emotional drive. Sample-like guitar distortion freaks me out in totally positive way. This is the one of my favorite on the new album. Can I say that I can't wait for the new album to come out! haha.gif

9. Fuzzion - Frog On The Run (Extrawelt's Remix)

DISCO!!! Excellent for warm up and preparation for blasting DJ set! Purely erotic on the dance floor. The biggest impression on me, in this track, leaves the synth that sounds like playing on metal pipe. I can't remember if it's the sound from original mix or remixed version melody, but this is one of the best part in this track.

10. Jurek Przezdziecki - My Bass Friend

Bass is my friend too haha.gif So, from the very beginning we have something in common. Cool! Relaxing express of electro and techno put in one unit. This track is more like home edition. Of course, that can be played in club, but for my taste, this is the kind of music I prefer to listen at home. I saw that this artist prepares to release EP for Boshke Beats and I'm so interested to hear what he has to present. According to this track, I think I'm pretty curious.

11. Glimmertitz - Now Or Nunca

This one is totally outro track. Moreover, in the right place on the V/A. Amazing night theme filled with lots of reverb. I totally like its bassline, which is more in background of track with part to hold rest of elements on surface of this track. No matter what, this track has the potential for club drive, and I like when artist strictly holds this kind of ambient form with lots of electro motives and break beats. Home edition too, which I appreciate so much to hear on V/A.

I am positively sure that we have here one really nice club release and that most of this track should be in DJ sets of any steady techno DJ. Also, big plus that here we have promotion of upcoming and previous releases and the fact that we have 11 tracks on compilation which is really generous of the publisher. I really enjoy in this one and now please excuse me i will put this on repeat for a while.

Good night and sleep tight winks.gif

Lara

http://www.soundmute.org

http://www.soundmute-recordings.com

Yep, certainly one of the better releases around at the moment.

Soundmute with the nice rev also. Cheers.

Whole thing is just so fucking phat n' phunky!!!

X - Dream's March may steal the show initially, and its "less is more" approach

will put a massive smile on faces for sure. Brilliant. No weak trax though, and as is usual with a release you just got and instantly loved, I'm changing my fave trak each listen!

Trippy to see the MidiMilz rmx's on here and the latest Horns & Hoofs comp, 'Unconventional'. Always a welcome listen.

New X - Dream and a Delta remx, wicked. Whats the B side trax like on March single?? Must get.

Massive cheers to Boshke beats crew for another stunning release that shakes the ground big time!!

The X-Dream track on this Compilation is the one that I enjoy the least of the 3 tracks on the EP. It is good, but the other 2 are way better. I all in all enjoy this release in full (The compilation) though. Great quality weird minimalistika :)

10. Jurek Przezdziecki - My Bass Friend

Bass is my friend too haha.gif So, from the very beginning we have something in common. Cool! Relaxing express of electro and techno put in one unit. This track is more like home edition. Of course, that can be played in club, but for my taste, this is the kind of music I prefer to listen at home. I saw that this artist prepares to release EP for Boshke Beats and I'm so interested to hear what he has to present. According to this track, I think I'm pretty curious.

This artists is Praecox (Epi Centrum, Fiasko, Mass Turbo) and a member of Bigwigs ;)

Thank You for info. Always great to know more. Epi Centrum have awesome track on "Five Tone of Flax" for Mechanical Dragon, but i didn't know that is about same artists as on this VA. One more thank You for info ;)

• 4 weeks later...

Chronika Chapter III was much awaited by myself. It is a good compilation, but it is not quite as impressive as Chronika Chapter II - the best Boshke Beats release in my opinion.

There are some fine tracks; my favourites are 4,5,6,9 and 10. Extrawelt remix (track 9) is a significant improvement on the original. But the best track is indeed the X-Dream one (no. 4).

Recommended.

Pedro

• 8 months later...

V/A - Chronika Chapter III (Boshke Beats Records) 2008 (BBCD007)

Posted Image

01. [7:02] Alic – Underwater Shufflemonster

02. [8:51] MidiMiliz – The Missing Guest (Tony Rohr Mix)

03. [6:28] Fuzzion – free Tibet

04. [6:08] X-Dream – March

05. [6:30] The Rockitman – Ego Tripping

06. [5:28] Metalogic – Road rage

07. [6:52] MidiMiliz – Format Phono (Fuzzion Revizzion)

08. [6:27] Triple Distilled Vs. Fuzzion – Midnight Circulator (The Delta Remix)

09. [7:16] Fuzzion – Frog On The Run (Extrawelt’s Run N Bass Remix)

10. [6:06] Jurek Przezdziecki – My Bass Friend

11. [4:46] Glimmertitz – Now Or Nunca

In 2001 Alex Tolstey Kaplan and Boris Michailov founded Boshke Beats, and by September 2002 after multiple vinyl releases they officially released their first CompactDisc with the by now well known V/A series, Chronika. The the main reason for the labels birth was an idea to deliver the freshest productions from the new and unknown acts around as well as already well established artists into the world of electronic music. It was to be a gathering of artists who are to date continuing to search for new-breaking sounds of boundary pushing styles within electronic dance music and making it at the highest quality level possible to destroy and remove all norms. Influenced by massive deep baselines to pulsate a room way below the ground or inside an abandon warehouse, these guys at Boshke provided the world of psychedelia with some of the strongest and most breathtaking tracks of Techno/Electro/Tech-House influenced music with extreme trip-kit masseurs and volumes that would impress and for some, distress . It is said that a good base can give your ears healthy orgasms if played on the right speakers with perfect sound – With this album played on a sound system fitted for its brilliance, you will be sure to receive multiple orgasms until fluid squirts out of your ears (This statement may be wrong and harmful, please do not take literally). Throughout the album you’re thrown into a thick hot soup of deep pulsating beats, mesmerizing effects, enchanting atmospheres and nerve pushing sounds that are bound to make you weep of pleasure or fear. Each track stands strong on its own but also delivers a complete picture of a perfect compilation of varies artists pushing together with their equal ideals and different imaginations. They are all incredible in expertise, mood and passion. This compilation covers a wide field of being hypnotizing and serious while playful with sluggish sprawls and strange visions in multiple rolls covered in complex effects of deep thoughts mutating into circlets of heavy industrial techno machines covered in dark aurous ready to shine on you if you accept the deep pressure it brings along. It’s all very tasty and heavy... But fear not because as the album progresses to its near end they tighten the tribal tempo in moist aluminum techno frogs who are fancy in bleeps, flickering in light and pleasurable in movement while being covered in driving beats and funkadelic mushroom strings as it once again slows down to a sluggish yet groovy snail speed with a nice purple hat, and a cigar rolled in the finest hemp ensured to make the stars you thought where lost shine once again on your crazy diamond.

Recommendation: If you’re after deep thumping baselines with crocket sounds of caterpillars slowly but heavily moving sluggishly inside your brain to groove your pants off, this record label is a safe and exiting bet. They are known for their massive releases of deep trippadelic-Tech’noish House music, and this release is no different as it will set you in delightful awe and trance in sweet darkness.

Favorite Tracks: 2(!), 3(!), 4(!!), 5(!), 8(!!), 10(!)

Where to buy and other links:

Boshke Beats Records: http://www.boshkebeats.com

Boshke Beat MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/boshkebeats

Saikosounds: http://www.saikosounds.com/english/display...ase.asp?id=7320

Psyshop.com: http://www.psyshop.com/shop/CDs/bbs/bbs1cd007.html

Beatspace: http://www.beatspace.com/dettagli/dettaglio.asp?id=4144

Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/label/Boshke+Beats+Records

MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/psytonesmusic