Chi-A.D.

reger

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not sure if this is the same album he was talking that might be released as CD too, i asked about it in email minutes ago, lets wait for an answer, but go and check whole site yourself ;) Theres some info there too. Now, when i read latest news in his webpage, im not sure if this is the same brand new album he was talking about earlier in his old page, perhaps theres something more coming :o?!

I emailed him asked if there is a soon chance to have Earth Crossing as FLAC too, lets see what Dave says :posford: !

some answers..

the new album is blasting, i like it very much.. i was in contact with dave these days and he said that the online shop will be the exclusive way for fan to get his music, which to me is a nice idea as we directly support him and his music this way! After that I also asked about a proper release of the album but he said that for now there is the digital download option and with the FLAC we do have the same deal as the original. As someone was asking, yes, there is a way to convert them to wave but i can tell you that nero should be able to burn them directly to cd transforming them to wave but anyway http://flac.sourceforge.net/ this is the official flac website where u can download the frontend program to do all the conversions u may need! about itunes i think the mp3 can be imported directly no?

more news is that he is probably going to release more music on the website, an ambient cd collection and eventually some old never released tracks :)

some answers..

As someone was asking, yes, there is a way to convert them to wave but i can tell you that nero should be able to burn them directly to cd transforming them to wave but anyway http://flac.sourceforge.net/ this is the official flac website where u can download the frontend program to do all the conversions u may need! about itunes i think the mp3 can be imported directly no?

more news is that he is probably going to release more music on the website, an ambient cd collection and eventually some old never released tracks :)

Thanks for the advise! I will try and look into it.... :)

yes the mp3 can be imported directly into iTunes, but no reason to buy both the mp3 and FLAC version ;) and I prefer loss-less of course :rolleyes:

ED: and my version of Nero does not support FLAC :( so that "short-cut" is not possible...

2nd ED: problem solved with Burrrn :)

some answers..

the new album is blasting, i like it very much.. i was in contact with dave these days and he said that the online shop will be the exclusive way for fan to get his music, which to me is a nice idea as we directly support him and his music this way! After that I also asked about a proper release of the album but he said that for now there is the digital download option and with the FLAC we do have the same deal as the original. As someone was asking, yes, there is a way to convert them to wave but i can tell you that nero should be able to burn them directly to cd transforming them to wave but anyway http://flac.sourceforge.net/ this is the official flac website where u can download the frontend program to do all the conversions u may need! about itunes i think the mp3 can be imported directly no?

isnt this one on his site that reg posted a mix of live stuff?

pretty sure his new album is a full studio album so there should be more to come

anyway going to buy this of dave right now

nice

Didnt ask him abotu ambient and oldies, but about flac he said that Earth Crossing FLAC should be out next week and that this is the album he was talkig about, the one that got released now :)

Must give it more listens, takes time to get in :rolleyes:

So, an ambient you say?! WOW, that will rock :clapping: !

don't expect an album released in a label cause the maney they offer are not many.

Well, an amount that is enough for all other artists :P But ok, the scene is indeed not about money at all anymore

But I'm glad to see Dave is still active anyway :) I hope the music reaches the old level! Specially the ambient made me super curious :D

Favourite tracks on first listen is: Hint Of Goa, Sense Of Eden and White Fire

Because these sound most goa to me, the rest of the tracks are a bit darker/progressive something in the vein of that old track by Delta-As A Child I Could Walk On The Ceiling, so those are not my prefered tracks so to say, cool to see hear that he still makes goa (if those tracks arent unreleased old tracks?) :)

But ok, the scene is indeed not about money at all anymore

Oh I don't know, I got 3 grand for a DJ gig last week.

It paid for a taxi home & a bit of food :ph34r:

Its Chi AD, been there, done that, not newcommer, that says much that ones music doesnt sound like sell out shite after all these years ;)

Exactly i mean no offense against mindsphere and afgin but chi-ad is a veteran compared to them i mean i basically grew up listening to chi-ads tunes mindsphere and afgin are both newer acts and where not active in the 90´s

These tracks i mentioned above from chi-ads new album are really something special true goa trance right there :)

just like afgin did and mindshpere even releasing a free album,

true :)

Those guys are ok, but for me, they are 'trying' too much, like every new goa trance producer.

I started to get turned off by newcommers doing similar thing as before, nothing is progressing there, just the same melodic and acid lines.

Don't get me wrong, they are making good music, just I don't hear any innovation or sound development in their music.

Those guys are ok, but for me, they are 'trying' too much, like every new goa trance producer.

I started to get turned off by newcommers doing similar thing as before, nothing is progressing there, just the same melodic and acid lines.

Don't get me wrong, they are making good music, just I don't hear any innovation or sound development in their music.

i totally agree with you about the 'new commers',it's nice music for sure,but it misses a sopt,im having trubles

getting into and loving that crystal clear sound in the music,i simply hate that crystal clear sound!

way too much digital IMO.

that doesn't happen a lot with you seraph but I do disagree, each it's opinion off course ;)

for many years on this forum for example people have complained about the fact that there are no goatrance releases anymore,

now there are, but they are trying to hard ?

they stick to much to the main sound, well we wanted goatrance didn't we ?

the new RA, and RA is a producer who has been around for a long time too had many comments it wasn't refreshing and to

typical like the old sound ?

I'm confused :blink:

so what do you/we/I want ?

that doesn't happen a lot with you seraph but I do disagree, each it's opinion off course ;)

for many years on this forum for example people have complained about the fact that there are no goatrance releases anymore,

now there are, but they are trying to hard ?

they stick to much to the main sound, well we wanted goatrance didn't we ?

the new RA, and RA is a producer who has been around for a long time too had many comments it wasn't refreshing and to

typical like the old sound ?

I'm confused :blink:

so what do you/we/I want ?

We (the humans) always wants the stuff we cant get ;)

We (the humans) always wants the stuff we cant get ;)

Amen :)

Also, I think the new goa trance sound is a little different from the old style...

For instance, can people give me more cds in the style of Ra - 9th? Good sound quality, warm, analog, soft and melodic but with power? :)

+1, not an expert myself, but some seem to try too hard to copy, maybe im mistaken, who knows. Either way, Artifact303 rocks sox :posford:

i totally agree with you about the 'new commers',it's nice music for sure,but it misses a sopt,im having trubles

getting into and loving that crystal clear sound in the music,i simply hate that crystal clear sound!

way too much digital IMO.

Couldnt care less about crystal clear sound, but agree to seraph :)