oldest psytrancee video?

draeke

i call that one house :)

ah ha! thanks for the info..

beside that i found another video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SExbj4JM7Q...feature=related

radiotrance - plazma.. someone mentioned it in a post, cant remember where but looks awful to me ahaha :D

dunno if u can call it psytrance, but it's a funny clip though =)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=5WW1ZhYsBpk

:clapping:

the MOST goa trancish track i have ever heard.. KILLARRRGH :D ahahha! watch out.. i'll put it in my next mix :D

Here is a serious contender for the title of earliest psytrance video... I've posted it a few times already but here it is again! Koxbox's Birdy/Pipfugl (1993):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3V-XX0sqxg

if u call that psytrance, then orbital - lush is as serious as contender as that one :)

http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=I66UrRQgkbA

it has the same buildup, timbre and beat innit

what's the difference then ?

yeah, I rest my case. in 1993 you were 10 years old. You are not allowed to judge what was going on then. Sowwy, you are out of the discussion.

yeah, I rest my case. in 1993 you were 10 years old. You are not allowed to judge what was going on then. Sowwy, you are out of the discussion.

so u know when my interest in this music began do u ? :lol:

better give me real arguments please ;)

so u know when my interest in this music began do u ? :lol:

better give me real arguments please ;)

all of you youngsters come with the same argument, that you went to raves when you were 11 and that you been into this blah blah blah blah blah, dude, you were not there, you were not even interrested in that music back then, I am sorry, but you just were not. I respect your love and interest in the music now, and I think you have a good view on it, but you just dont know jack shit about the past to be honest.

I KNEW you were 81/83, cause most people with your kind of comments are that age range. :)

Love and Peace!

N E M (O)

p.s. And please do not point out how arrogant and how much of an asshole I am, I know those things already :P

all of you youngsters come with the same argument, that you went to raves when you were 11 and that you been into this blah blah blah blah blah, dude, you were not there, you were not even interrested in that music back then, I am sorry, but you just were not. I respect your love and interest in the music now, and I think you have a good view on it, but you just dont know jack shit about the past to be honest.

I KNEW you were 81/83, cause most people with your kind of comments are that age range. :)

Love and Peace!

N E M (O)

p.s. And please do not point out how arrogant and how much of an asshole I am, I know those things already :P

where are the arguments ?

u can't just say "i know better" without giving some perspective onnit ;)

and yes, my opinion is mostly made out of the illusionary quest of psytrancers NOW for their roots in other scenes BACK THEN

labelling the wrong things as being psytrance (cause it mostly was plain house back then)

where are the arguments ?

sorry being from 83 does not excuse calling these two tracks similar!!! :P Just listen to the music man!

I'm from 81 and I can for damn sure hear the difference!!!

maybe because when I was 13 I got all the mix.tapes from my bro who was a party-organizer (to convince u Nemo :rolleyes:)... :lol: no not really he was feeding me industrial techno instead... bastard! <_<

The koxbox track is pure psychedelica... while the orbital track is.... I dunno what it is, but its not psychedelic!

It is that twisted quality that sets early psytrance apart from the rest of electronic dance music. I like early Orbital but their work wasn't twisted the way Koxbox were from day one.

In these discussions of origins it is important to establish continuity... by that I mean that we should be able to construct an argument about how a piece of music fits into the history of the genre. To simply take an example of some freak track that has some psytrance-like qualities is not enough... with Koxbox it is easy to make an argument about how influential they've been and how their early work is definitely psychedelic. For some others (especially these one-off projects that are sometimes quoted in such threads) a similar case is difficult (if not impossible) to make.

The koxbox track is pure psychedelica... while the orbital track is.... I dunno what it is, but its not psychedelic!

lol :rolleyes:

with Koxbox it is easy to make an argument about how influential they've been and how their early work is definitely psychedelic.

okay, i agree on that one

My arguments? Your ears! :lol: I know what it was and what we called it, you can not say we did not... If you LISTEN to the tracks that were put in the Genre already back then, you will HEAR the difference between "ordinary rave music" or techno/acid. But I guess that if one only started listening to Psy/Goa in the late 90s.... well enough said :)

Same goes for people can fly by astral projection.. one of the greatest tracks ever, but the video is lulul :D

I have that video on dvd and I love it, I show it to other people and they dont even know how to react, or what to think.

I know what it was and what we called it, you can not say we did not...

okay, gotta repeat this one it seems,

i'm NOT trying to discuss that part !

don't feel assaulted or attacked bro ;)

i come in peace hehe :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have that video on dvd and I love it, I show it to other people and they dont even know how to react, or what to think.

:D:lol: Maybe they are shocked by the awsomeness of 1990´s CGI technologies ;)

BTW what DVD is it on?

ahaha I DO have konzept vinyl lol.. but i wouldnt define it as proper psytrance.. it surely had some trance feelings but calling it proper psytrance seems a bit too much.. well but is personal opinion.. i think the proper sound was around 93.. maybe god's eye on goa or suck my dang a long from 92 had a bit of it.. but again is just a personal feeling :)

thanks for all the interesting answers i am checking some tunes here and there.. too bad i never heard that smile ep though.. how was it ?

well it was as goaish as a track made in 1990 could be ;) Also don't forget that there were parties in Goa long before goatrance existed :)

ah ha! thanks for the info..

beside that i found another video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SExbj4JM7Q...feature=related

radiotrance - plazma.. someone mentioned it in a post, cant remember where but looks awful to me ahaha :D

mate that one is a KILLER!!! I can't believe that an oldschooler like myself missed out on that one completly. Kindof sounds like Green Nuns of the Revolution ;)

Yeah but have you noticed that almost all of the "pre-1980s" generation seem to be extinct? It's like this in Belgium as well: Belgium was THEEE capital of newbeat which later morphed into trance, EVERYONE here was into newbeat back then. And since we know that most very early trance tracks were released as B-sides of Belgian new beat records I'd like to have some input from newbeat DJs... but it is impossible to find a Belgian who was involved in the newbeat scene!! Yet these are supposed to be people who were in their 20s in the late 1980s which would make them about 40 today. It's not THAT old yet you'd think they're all dead by now... maybe it's the drugs lol

It is that twisted quality that sets early psytrance apart from the rest of electronic dance music. I like early Orbital but their work wasn't twisted the way Koxbox were from day one.

In these discussions of origins it is important to establish continuity... by that I mean that we should be able to construct an argument about how a piece of music fits into the history of the genre. To simply take an example of some freak track that has some psytrance-like qualities is not enough... with Koxbox it is easy to make an argument about how influential they've been and how their early work is definitely psychedelic. For some others (especially these one-off projects that are sometimes quoted in such threads) a similar case is difficult (if not impossible) to make.

sorry mate but it's arguments like these that throw music history research off track!!! This is how most people think about old tracks: an early track was made by an influential artist so that artist MUST be one of the main elements in the creation of the genre. Fact of the matter is that even a big-name artist started small and was influenced by other artists who were there before him. There is also the commercial factor: if an artist is well-known today it doesn't necessarily mean that he made revolutionary music, just that he made music that sold well at the time... It's like that for every art genre: you have true underground pioneers who spend their time trying out new things and die poor and misunderstood cause their stuff was too ahead of their time to be apreciated, and you have artists surfing on the wave of popularity, taking already existing elements and making "sellable" art. And the problem is that with your argument you'll give all the credit to the people surfing on the wave rather than the true creators. And let's face it, Ian Ion might have made some great early psytrance but he has also done some of the crappiest eurodance around (Wow Mr Yogi)... people tend to forget that ;)

sorry mate but it's arguments like these that throw music history research off track!!! This is how most people think about old tracks: an early track was made by an influential artist so that artist MUST be one of the main elements in the creation of the genre. Fact of the matter is that even a big-name artist started small and was influenced by other artists who were there before him. There is also the commercial factor: if an artist is well-known today it doesn't necessarily mean that he made revolutionary music, just that he made music that sold well at the time... It's like that for every art genre: you have true underground pioneers who spend their time trying out new things and die poor and misunderstood cause their stuff was too ahead of their time to be apreciated, and you have artists surfing on the wave of popularity, taking already existing elements and making "sellable" art. And the problem is that with your argument you'll give all the credit to the people surfing on the wave rather than the true creators. And let's face it, Ian Ion might have made some great early psytrance but he has also done some of the crappiest eurodance around (Wow Mr Yogi)... people tend to forget that ;)

well said

kinda was thinking the same, but i prolly pinned myself too much on the videoclip-theme hehe

most good non-commercial underground stuff don't have videoclips