oldest psytrancee video?

draeke

http://dailymotion.alice.it/SoWiFo/video/x...st-genera_music

i am not sure if this is really from 1993 but seems dated.. as far as i know is the oldest psytrance video so far.. but maybe i am wrong

some may even say is not really psytrance but well this was quite a precursor :)

i am not sure if this is really from 1993 but seems dated.. as far as i know is the oldest psytrance video so far.. but maybe i am wrong

some may even say is not really psytrance but well this was quite a precursor :)

judging by the party shots, this is way younger than 1993. sorry, I think this was made just a couple of years ago. :)

yeah you are probably right :) the party shoots are definetely early 2000s...

but then let's rephrase it as a video for one of the oldest psytrance tracks ehe :) this was released in 1993! can u believe that? it sounds waaaay ahead of its time..

Is there any site which has goa/psy vids?

There is or atleast was some time ago when i was googling around.. cant remember the name of the site, but it had some classics like transwave-land of freedom.. wich btw also has these for the 90´s so characteristic lame 3d animations :lol: Same goes for people can fly by astral projection.. one of the greatest tracks ever, but the video is lulul :D

1993 ?

u sure the word psytrance already existed back then ? :lol:

the x-dream record i once had , from 1993 was more ravy breaks than it was trance

yeah you are probably right :) the party shoots are definetely early 2000s...

but then let's rephrase it as a video for one of the oldest psytrance tracks ehe :) this was released in 1993! can u believe that? it sounds waaaay ahead of its time..

I can believe it, I had it on DAT hehehe. Did you also listen to the Early Morphem stuff in 1994-5? :) Not comparable of course in manners of being ahead in their time, but good music nevertheless. I always feel that Morphem somehow got overshadowed by X-Dream too damn much :/ Oh, and X-Dream is one of my all time favorites, still love everything they have done to date (Recieved a new 12" last week which was AMAZING!) :D

1993 ?

u sure the word psytrance already existed back then ? :lol:

the x-dream record i once had , from 1993 was more ravy breaks than it was trance

Yes it did, we called it Goa or Psychedelic Trance. ;):D (You mean the Live Fast die Young) :)

ah yes, goa trance, just like this release ;)

smile schmile, whatever. I am not going to have a discussion whether we called it psy/goa back then, fact remains that with tracks like the one from X-Dream, they were kind of really ahead of themselves and part of creating something we today enjoy a lot :D

smile schmile, whatever. I am not going to have a discussion whether we called it psy/goa back then, fact remains that with tracks like the one from X-Dream, they were kind of really ahead of themselves and part of creating something we today enjoy a lot :D

nah, not trying to discuss that part

just the content, cause the psychedelic trance in 1993 sounds more like oldschool techno / (acid)house / rave / whatever .. to me

but okay, i'll be leaving the discussion ;)

nah, not trying to discuss that part

just the content, cause the psychedelic trance in 1993 sounds more like oldschool techno / (acid)house / rave / whatever .. to me

but okay, i'll be leaving the discussion ;)

this sounds like old school techno acid house rave whatever to you: http://www.discogs.com/release/145186 OK! :)

this sounds like old school techno acid house rave whatever to you: http://www.discogs.com/release/145186 OK! :)

okay, perhaps i had to say "untill '93" ;)

i'm making a general statement ofcourse, not counting in exceptions

and the infinity project -releases from that age dont really make me think of goa btw

but that probably has more to do with my perception of things ;)

thanks great link. IMO the computer animations actually DO come from 1993 (check out Svean Väth - The Beauty And The Beast from the same period, same quality graphics IMO and I KNOW that one dates from 1994 cause I saw it on TV at the time ;) ). Such a shame that X-Dream doesn't make such great tunes today :(

Anyway, I've said this before, but according to my personal researches the first psytrance track ever (I mean one that had the distinct psytrance feeling, contrary to normal trance which IMO came even earlier) is this from 1990:

Konzept - Hypnautic Beats

thanks great link. IMO the computer animations actually DO come from 1993 (check out Svean Väth - The Beauty And The Beast from the same period, same quality graphics IMO and I KNOW that one dates from 1994 cause I saw it on TV at the time ;) ). Such a shame that X-Dream doesn't make such great tunes today :(

i think that one comes from 3-LUX 3

same goes for this videoclip : Aphex Twin - Shotkeya

*edit*

k, was wrong :lol:

other track of sven vath on 3-LUX 3 ;)

ahaha I DO have konzept vinyl lol.. but i wouldnt define it as proper psytrance.. it surely had some trance feelings but calling it proper psytrance seems a bit too much.. well but is personal opinion.. i think the proper sound was around 93.. maybe god's eye on goa or suck my dang a long from 92 had a bit of it.. but again is just a personal feeling :)

thanks for all the interesting answers i am checking some tunes here and there.. too bad i never heard that smile ep though.. how was it ?