I would like to register my disappointment

Trance2MoveU

Sammy, you had me at the first album of CPU. Tracks like Down the Stairs, Processing Unit, and Virtual Flirt were psychedelic madness. The driving beat and insane melodious leads forced me to want to get up and move. Truly powerful. With the next album you continued your dominance of the psy scene. Computer Error, Skynet, Positronic, and of course Black Mamba kicked so much ass. Your mastery extended to numerous compilations. Keep the Timecode from Firewall, Dark Matter from Goodfellas, Laptop Orgy from High Octane. Brilliant. When I saw your name on a track I knew I would be guaranteed quality.

Then Nutek happened. And you changed man. You changed. :(

I don't know if you wanted to appeal to a wider audience or lost a lot of ideas, but the music quality started to take a dive. I think you are calling it groovy psytrance now. I'm sorry I don't find it very groovy. <_< When your third album came out, I thought it would be the continuation of more magic. That was not the case sadly. Pure filler. One good track for me. This was music more suited for the clubs; the house crowd and the glowstick trancers rather than a psy festival.

Then it seemed like you were brining formerly good artists down to your level. Climate Change? Really? And what about Concept of Time from Surya Namaha? What did Menog ever do to you? And leave Bliss alone, he has his own problems after that last album. Yikes. :wank:

The final nail in the coffin was this last effort. With the spin machine in place we were told that you were "continuing in his tradition of innovative production and presents us today with a technological marvel." How do you sleep at night. IMO, there is absolutely no flow to this album. So much stopping and starting, I thought I was playing red light green light. There is none of your trademarked "wicked sounds" on this disc. The dark atmosphere once created is nowhere to be found. Where your music once moved me to play this loud in the car, it now just moves me to turn it off.

I understand that you are an artist. And an artist must change and evolve his art so that he can grow and not become stale doing the same thing over and over. I'm sure this type of psy appeals to some and if you are out there reading this, then good for you. I'm writing this to tell you, that as someone who was with you from the beginning, I am sorely disappointed with the direction your "sound" is going. You owe me nothing, as your first 2 albums and numerous compilation tracks more than satisfy my driving psy needs and I will continue to play them.

Call me when you get back to making tracks like Stupid Play, The Reaktor, and Thinking Machines.

Mdk

You make it sound like an insult?

There's brilliant house out there.

Not my intention. I just wanted to convey that when I listen to his albums, I expect one type of psy and when I hear another in almost every track I am disappointed. Hence the title of the thread.

No disrespect to Sammy or house intended.

Mdk

You make it sound like an insult?

There's brilliant house out there.

I know there's a lot of brilliant house out there. Trance2MoveU just wrote that CPU is music suited for house crowds which I, quite frankly, find laughable :)

I never really liked CPU by the way.

The first CPU album is still one of the best album ever listened.

It was the epitomy of full on music. Not full on Psy, but full on in general. Agressive, psychedelic, metallic, uber-psytrance.

The second album was a dissapointment, but still had some good tracks. Since then I have only listen a couple of tracks and apparently he has gone bananas.

I'm curious now about the Synergy (Absolum+CPU) album. It's in the works for some years now, but it's supposed to be released. But how it's gonna sound?

I'm curious now about the Synergy (Absolum+CPU) album. It's in the works for some years now, but it's supposed to be released. But how it's gonna sound?

I've also been wondering this. Absolum has released a perfect album "Inside The Sphere" :posford: and smattering of tracks on some comps and they have been really good. I would hope that Mr. Absolum has a great influence on Sammy and they form a long lasting partnership like Electric Universe and Space Tribe.

Mdk

I know there's a lot of brilliant house out there. Trance2MoveU just wrote that CPU is music suited for house crowds which I, quite frankly, find laughable :)

I never really liked CPU by the way.

Yeah I wasn't being that serious anyways, I should have added a smiley in there :D

Tbh I've never heard CPU, what is it, tube?

Sorry guys

Greetz Sam(my) :)

:lol:

I never liked cpu, not my style, but bashing the artist for changing ?

so what,

it happens all the time,

maybe be more happy about what you have (the first two albums) instead of complaining what you don't have ;)

:lol:

I never liked cpu, not my style, but bashing the artist for changing ?

so what,

it happens all the time,

maybe be more happy about what you have (the first two albums) instead of complaining what you don't have ;)

I see what you are saying but as you can see in my final paragraph, I said that Samy owes me nothing. Also, that I have his first to albums which still get regular play. This is more a letter that I am "disappointed" in the direction his music has taken. I am not bashing him, and if it sounds like I am, perhaps I should rephrase. How many other artists have we discussed that have changed their sound and many were "Disappointed?"

I still plan to review his album.

Mdk

I see what you are saying but as you can see in my final paragraph, I said that Samy owes me nothing. Also, that I have his first to albums which still get regular play. This is more a letter that I am "disappointed" in the direction his music has taken. I am not bashing him, and if it sounds like I am, perhaps I should rephrase. How many other artists have we discussed that have changed their sound and many were "Disappointed?"

I still plan to review his album.

Mdk

indeed, agree...

let's face it, CPU never was classic material... it was/is just like 99% releases today: stuff made to be played on the dancefloor for a few weeks/ months and discarded afterwards.

His debut is a classic for me.

let's face it, CPU never was classic material... it was/is just like 99% releases today: stuff made to be played on the dancefloor for a few weeks/ months and discarded afterwards.

Agreed. He's got the odd keeper but most are purely disposable. Take all those naff nineties dance remixes for example... although us DJs might get some use out of 'em, the joke gets old rather quickly. Well, unless you're Dino Psaras or someone like that.

that's a comment you can write about any album ... if you don't like it imo

OK, Ive never heard a CPU album before but the reason I decided to buy this was after hearing CPU - Kung Fu on Saturday Psy Fever (YSE). I thought that was was freaking sweet. This album however is not. To many stupid sounds used for melodies. Is this a Nutek trait of stupid sounds? The Mad Netic album also this year has the same problem. From this label though Mekkanikka - Global Warning, I really love. Havent heard many others except Massive - Not An Angel which is so-so.

WELL- DAMN SAmmy- what happened???

i guess you went back ot those old days when i met you at that tiny space y'all were letting teenagers throw candy/house raves in

i remember him saying "we're making house"

then a few weeks later Koinenia (sp?) did a party there and those guys started making GOOD music.

i dunno CPU sounded a little better than mechanikka (sorry nick) but overall I hate all three (max) or whatever of you for not just keeping biodegradeable going

i do love some of those CPU tracks.

hahahha=

I see what you are saying but as you can see in my final paragraph, I said that Samy owes me nothing.

yeah well SAm- you guys still owe me anyway. (hahah i guess not really since Nick did at least give me a copy of Biodegradable)

i HATE when good artists make crappy music. i know artists have to exapnd or whatever weird trip they go on, but you know what? Quit it! heheheh.

make the good stuff please