Identify this '95-'96 track

Tristan

• 2 weeks later...

hello tristan... ;)

it sounds like astral projection or mfg or anyway somethign very israeli.. i am sure is one of these tunes that were around you somehow!

maybe someone will recognize i do have a feeling of having heard it.. really!

hello tristan... ;)

it sounds like astral projection or mfg or anyway somethign very israeli.. i am sure is one of these tunes that were around you somehow!

maybe someone will recognize i do have a feeling of having heard it.. really!

Astral Projection :huh:

Don't think! 13 seconds are too few.

Astral Projection :huh:

Don't think! 13 seconds are too few.

goa-head

trisan played the track with his keyboard reproducing what he remebers.. this was not a sample of the track .. he hasn't got it. so u have to hear the style of the melody not the actual track..

and to me that kind of melody is totally from astral or mfg.. but well i can be wrong :) there were sooo many israeli tracks..

Thanks mate, anyways, it's definitely not israeli. the style is more like Prana - I didn't play the true lead sound. the melody sounds a bit distorted yet clear - think Total Eclipse - Absolute Zero on 5:10, similar lead sound only with distortion on it. it definitely sounded Matsuri-esque, I still remember it that way.

goa-head

trisan played the track with his keyboard reproducing what he remebers.. this was not a sample of the track .. he hasn't got it. so u have to hear the style of the melody not the actual track..

and to me that kind of melody is totally from astral or mfg.. but well i can be wrong :) there were sooo many israeli tracks..

Lol, that's a standard answer when looking for help to identify ANY track. "Sounds like Prana..." Sorry, i'm with draeke. It really sounds israeli, like some Phonokol or BNE stuff. :) And it sounds more like '97-'98 than '95-'96.

Mate, I'm anything but newbie to trance. Been listening to the music since '94. I had that track early on '96 on cassette, that's why I think it is a 95.

now, the track was very psychedelic, Matsuri style. the melody was similar to what I played, but with a distorted high lead sound, I can't really describe it. but the sound I played with doesn't sound at all similar to the original. To me it sounded similar to Prana, Deflo, Slug stuff. I remember that track very good as it was one of my favorites and it definitely didn't sound israeli.

second thing, I didn't miss any AP or MFG release. there's no way on earth this is one of their tracks. what do you mean by "Lol, that's a standard answer when looking for help to identify ANY track. "Sounds like Prana..."?

Is "it sounds definitely like AP" a valid answer, when looking for help to identify any track?

I'm not here to bash or anything and I'm thankful to you for taking your time to listen but my memory serves me very well and there are hardly any psytrance/goa releases prior to 2000 which are unfamiliar to me UNLESS it is unreleased and there are people here who know me and can stand behind my claim.

although it's hard to believe that it was unreleased because some guy recorded me stuff from cds, one of them was a new cd back then, called "Trancentral Four". which was released early on '96.

also, I remember other things on that cassette - but nothing sounded anything like the israeli trance of the day, it was very psychedelic.

no pal, but that's too late to change this nick for me, been using since '95 on irc even before I knew his music. that thing had caused misunderstandings lots of times! :lol:

Not that there's only 1 Tristan in the world, but are you Tristan Cooke just in case ? :)

what do you mean by "Lol, that's a standard answer when looking for help to identify ANY track. "Sounds like Prana..."?

That's just a personal experience. I've been asking for several track IDs on different forums during the last 2 years. In about 60% of all cases people who didn't know the track answered like "Sounds like Prana somehow..." but then it turned out that the track was released by 21-3 Records, Psychic Deli or other british labels, but doesn't have anything to do with Prana.

Of course your track may be released by Matsuri. Are you sure it was sourced from CD? Or could it be from vinyl as well? You probably know that there are several "vinyl only" tracks from back then.

Btw: did you ask for help on Discogs Goa/Psytrance Forum as well?

I'm positive it was taken off a cd.

You're right, the discogs forum may be an appropriate place to ask as most serious collectors hang around there. I didn't think about that, thanks for the advice mate.

That's just a personal experience. I've been asking for several track IDs on different forums during the last 2 years. In about 60% of all cases people who didn't know the track answered like "Sounds like Prana somehow..." but then it turned out that the track was released by 21-3 Records, Psychic Deli or other british labels, but doesn't have anything to do with Prana.

Of course your track may be released by Matsuri. Are you sure it was sourced from CD? Or could it be from vinyl as well? You probably know that there are several "vinyl only" tracks from back then.

Btw: did you ask for help on Discogs Goa/Psytrance Forum as well?

Definitely not. Robotised! great track, I know it by heart. :lol:

You probably mean the melody at the end of the tune, it's not too similar though but still, thanks.

i can back up this guy.. know him on irc since .. well 97 or 98 and he always knew a lot about the trance scene!

in any case i really thought it was israeli for the way the lead synth went and the kind of melody but i recall on matsure there was a lot of different stuff..

good luck with the search mate!